anyone there for the fight at the midnight buffet on explorer last week?

on our ship, while waiting in line to get into the big midnight buffett with all the sculpted food and ice sculptures a guy with a blond mullett got into a little scuffle with these two ladies who i think were from jersey...no blows were exchanged or anything, but they were yelling at each other pretty loudly...it was funny, at one point one of the women told the guy "shave the hair back there buddy" referring to his obvious mullett (this was a real mullet, not an accident mullet, he had it purposely growing long and curly in the back and shaved up the sides....but i want to know if anyone here caught it and if they know what it was about?

i ran into a security guy the next day who was investigating that incident actually, but i didnt have any details for him

if anything it was funny to see the women call attention to his mullet

on our ship, while waiting in line to get into the big midnight buffett with all the sculpted food and ice sculptures a guy with a blond mullett got into a little scuffle with these two ladies who i think were from jersey...no blows were exchanged or anything, but they were yelling at each other pretty loudly...it was funny, at one point one of the women told the guy "shave the hair back there buddy" referring to his obvious mullett (this was a real mullet, not an accident mullet, he had it purposely growing long and curly in the back and shaved up the sides....but i want to know if anyone here caught it and if they know what it was about?

i ran into a security guy the next day who was investigating that incident actually, but i didnt have any details for him

Maybe it was performance art and it was part of the buffet.

Nope, didn't even hear anything about it. We didn't get to the gala buffet. I believe it was Day 8, the second formal night. I really didn't notice any trouble on this sailing, seemed pretty smooth. If anything at all happened I missed it, as usual :).

fight worth watching. Two Jersey Matrons and one lost redneck with a mullet and an old Nascar Tshirt on formal night. If we could throw in a couple of retirees from Boca with bad digestion and attitudes that would certainly beat the lounge acts on some of the ships. :rolleyes: BTW, my money is on Carmela Soprano any day.

Maybe it was performance art and it was part of the buffet.

A scuffle? Was the mullet man old and wearing polyester? :)

I think it was because he was singin Achy Breaky Heart!

Was the guy with the mullet Joe Dirt?

lmao.gif Okay, stop it!!! You guys are killing me! :p

Now thats entertainment!!! :D :D

My son and his friends study these mullet heads and they have different classifications for them. There is the "Arkansas (or your least favorite state here) waterfall", the "party in back, business on top" , "Tennessee top hat", "Mud flap", and the ever popular "Ape drape". Can you describe it more so we can determine what type of Nascar nin-com-poop this person is?

Didnt see that one but we saw a scuffle with security the morning we were all getting off the ship. Because the ship took longer to clear people were getting upset because they were afraid they would miss their flights or bus. A few ladies and a husband and wife team started to fight with security saying "We are getting off this ship" which they did, a few of them pushed their way off. Security called for backup and they got it settled down but I was waiting for someone to get hauled off in handcuffs. It was pretty crazy!! Loved the food and crew on this ship but some of the passengers could use a few classes in charm school.

Didnt see that one but we saw a scuffle with security the morning we were all getting off the ship. Because the ship took longer to clear people were getting upset because they were afraid they would miss their flights or bus. A few ladies and a husband and wife team started to fight with security saying "We are getting off this ship" which they did, a few of them pushed their way off. Security called for backup and they got it settled down but I was waiting for someone to get hauled off in handcuffs. It was pretty crazy!! Loved the food and crew on this ship but some of the passengers could use a few classes in charm school.

Well, now I'm scared. I've read these boards for months so I have some reasonable idea of expectations regarding behavior. I happen to have very good manners. I'm kind. I behave well, publicly or privately. But I'm concerned, the more I read, that for my virgin cruise, I'm going to wind up meeting Mr. & mrs. ghoul, the Flakes, Johnny Junk, Nancy Nosey, and probably, with my luck, that truly entitled family, the "itsourvacationsobuzzoff" clan. Do folks forget to pack their manners along with their passports? should I bring a pepper spray for self defense (JOKE,FOLKS!) Are arguments, disagreements and insults commonplace? I realize a ship is a small city, and folks are different, but how does one stand up for oneself if insulted, challenged, or just plain pushed around by Ollie and Oleander Obnoxious and their 6 kids?

Hi Californiakat

We ignore all of those people and focus on having a great time. Although there may be times that we are laughing so much that people are giving us the eye.

Our cruise in Feb had so many many memorable times but three really cracked us up. We stood waiting for the elevator on the Serenade and heard this strange rumble which got louder and louder and then the doors opened to reveal about 20 people drinking and laughing on said elevator and of course they were quite willing to make room for us....wonderful offer but we passed. It was like watching people crammed into a clown car:D

Another was the nightclub which has a wonderful huge round glass window so people can look in and those on the dance floor can look out. Well a couple of gents had had waaaay too many cocktails one might assume and they kept coming out and one would rub his body all over the outside of the window and another guy would do the same on the inside. We almost wet ourselves watching it. They just made their own fun!

One of the best was when I went into the ladies room in one of the bars one night at about midnight and everyone in the bar was pretty tipsy. A very nice lady came in and while I was putting fresh lipstick on I noticed that she seemed to think that she was in a stall and starting undoing. The poor attendant was mortified and ran her into a stall very quickly. The darling didn't even know what she was doing. Saved by a quick thinking RCI Employee...such customer service.

Oh there were also angry people at the pursers desk and in the restaurants and people who did not want to use the hand gel, lots and lots of interesting people. I think what stood out though was the funny ones who seemed to be having such an incredible time.

I really want to go on another cruise right now!

Dee

Archived