Two entrees in dining room?

jennbill

On my last cruise there was a smallish guy in his 50's [guess] that ordered 2 or 3 entrees and at least 2 desserts every nite. And soup and salad, sometimes multiples there too.

Then he tore into the food like a piranha. Its wasn't pretty to watch, but he didn't waste any food. And no gut on him, life ain't fair.

To answer the OP's question, I do sometimes order more than one something, be it soup, salad, entree, etc.

Years ago, before cholesterol was invented, Cunard had the best fried potatoes for breakfast [dining room]. Just slightly browned, with just transparent but well cooked onions, and swimming and I mean swimming in butter. One morning I had 7 [seven] PLATES of this "to die for" [nearly happened] dish. Ahhh, youth.

Dan

Our first cruise I ate a huge breakfast and lunch every day and a mid-afternoon snack, so by dinner I couldn't even consider ordering two entrees. On the second one, I tried to scale back my eating so I never ordered two either. Maybe by the third one I can get it done :D

Altho I am a BIG fan of the fabulous chocolate melting cake I keep forgetting to order the banana split that is found on the kid's menu - wouldn't that be a great ending to the meal?

I tend to order 2 appetizers and skip the salad course - I can eat salad anywhere - but where else can I get crab cakes, escargot, shrimp cocktail, smoked salmon, spring rolls, pumpkin soup, stuffed mushrooms...well you get the picture :D

Froufie

I usually order two starters. I love all those little dishes of yummy food! One time, I ordered the lobster and the prime rib, but it was too much for me. My daughter and I frequently ordered three desserts to share between us. At first I was uncomfortable doing this, but then I thought, why not? I ordered the shrimp cocktail almost every night. A couple times I forgot, because there was so much else I wanted!

Dottie--Who's still working off the 6 1/2 pounds I gained three weeks ago on the Conquest!

With all that incredible food , and choice, how can you NOT order two (or more), apps, entree's, and deserts. I've gained at least ten pounds when the wife and I've gone. The last time we sailed, was for our wedding/honeymoon, (two weeks), the guy at the Deli recognized me, and new my sandwich, by the second week.

By the way, the Reuben sanwich on the Victory is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My younger brother is a huge shrimp cocktail fan. In fact, it is normally included in his introduction to our waiter. Other than the Lobster tail night, I normally just do several appetizers; however, on our next cruise looks like DW & I will be sharing a second dish (She doesn't eat much, so when I order it, it will make me feel better about it.)

you guys are ruining it for everyone! ordering food you'll never eat or ordering food and being just a plain old P.I.G pig.. thats right spell it out! you should all be ashamed of your self! because of people like you they will soon stop this practice of all you can eat! Now that I got your goat.. I'm gonna cook it and eat it all... hehe..I plan on eating till my hearts content. I've been trying to diet but some of you trouble makers keep posting menus and make my hungry.

Tom

you guys are ruining it for everyone! ordering food you'll never eat or ordering food and being just a plain old P.I.G pig.. thats right spell it out! you should all be ashamed of your self! because of people like you they will soon stop this practice of all you can eat! Now that I got your goat.. I'm gonna cook it and eat it all... hehe..I plan on eating till my hearts content. I've been trying to diet but some of you trouble makers keep posting menus and make my hungry.

Tom

If you want to blame someone for ruining your diet, blame WennFred and those darn pictures he's posted somewhere on here. Who can forget the chocolate buffet pictures :eek: ?

If you want to blame someone for ruining your diet, blame WennFred and those darn pictures he's posted somewhere on here. Who can forget the chocolate buffet pictures :eek: ?

I don't even need pictures at this point.... just a menu:D

Tom

I also do this to sample different dishes, the portions are rather small and it is easy to try at least two main dishes. Then there are those like my DH who orders 3 full lobster dinners and eats every bite,:eek: and he still only weighs 130:mad:

\

130lb? u must be joking.

It seems like many people order several dishes, entrees. I always think it is more appropriate to do that when one first orders and not midway the meal because it could throw off the server. Is this the protocol that most follow or does it not matter to you guys? I don't know why I do this, it just seems more reasonable to me. But again, I can understand if somebody doesn't know if they are going to love or hate a dish. But if you already know from the onset it makes sense to place the whole order at once. Is this what most folks do?

It seems like many people order several dishes, entrees. I always think it is more appropriate to do that when one first orders and not midway the meal because it could throw off the server. Is this the protocol that most follow or does it not matter to you guys? I don't know why I do this, it just seems more reasonable to me. But again, I can understand if somebody doesn't know if they are going to love or hate a dish. But if you already know from the onset it makes sense to place the whole order at once. Is this what most folks do?

That's how we've always done it. Tell the waiter what you wish to have from each selection of items.

so I would say for example-

shrimp cocktail, cream of mushroom soup, garden salad, steak with baked potato, vegetable alfredo.

Normally our waiter remembers that we like shrimp cocktail every night and then we don't have to say that. :)

Generally order at least two or three lobsters.

On the Explorer of the Seas, our server was great the whole cruise. On lobster night, he realized that our table for ten REALLY enjoyed lobster. He asked if anyone would like seconds we all said "yes". He brought out a PLATTER heaped with lobster tails. I ate four or five and ate less than several.

He was neat because from the first night on, every course you ordered he would reply with "AND.....". He brought us two of every course whether you wanted it or not. One night, I just couldn't do dessert and he literally forced (LOL) me to order. And then he brings me two!!! He was our best server ever. Eduardo de Leon was his name. I'll never forget.

I hope you tipped him extra for all the extra trips to the table and being the best ever. The standard $3.50 would be less than 1% if you had to pay for it.

Okay, just for fun. How many of you order more than one entree in the dining room (for that matter, starters and desserts too)? I,for one, do almost every night just to sample different dishes. Jennifer will every once in a while.

Who has shrimp cocktail every night? (Raising my hand.)

Actually, there were times when NONE of the entrees seemed appealing. However, I made a dinner out of all of the appetizers, a soup and a salad.

....and most of the desserts.

bnB

The new tradition in the dining room for me is: I will order TWO Warm Chocolate Melting Cakes every night of the cruise, finish them both and eat the rest of anybody else's in the family who orders it up and can't finish... That is the best darn dessert-by far- I have ever tasted!! :D :D

The new tradition in the dining room for me is: I will order TWO Warm Chocolate Melting Cakes every night of the cruise, finish them both and eat the rest of anybody else's in the family who orders it up and can't finish... That is the best darn dessert-by far- I have ever tasted!! :D :D

I might just skip dinner one night and have a few warm chocolate melting cakes :eek: !

Archived