Two entrees in dining room?

jennbill

Okay, just for fun. How many of you order more than one entree in the dining room (for that matter, starters and desserts too)? I,for one, do almost every night just to sample different dishes. Jennifer will every once in a while.

Who has shrimp cocktail every night? (Raising my hand.)

I also do this to sample different dishes, the portions are rather small and it is easy to try at least two main dishes. Then there are those like my DH who orders 3 full lobster dinners and eats every bite,:eek: and he still only weighs 130:mad:

Generally order at least two or three lobsters.

On the Explorer of the Seas, our server was great the whole cruise. On lobster night, he realized that our table for ten REALLY enjoyed lobster. He asked if anyone would like seconds we all said "yes". He brought out a PLATTER heaped with lobster tails. I ate four or five and ate less than several.

He was neat because from the first night on, every course you ordered he would reply with "AND.....". He brought us two of every course whether you wanted it or not. One night, I just couldn't do dessert and he literally forced (LOL) me to order. And then he brings me two!!! He was our best server ever. Eduardo de Leon was his name. I'll never forget.

Count me in on the shrimp cocktails every night...also..when they have escargot I will order two for sure alonnnng with the lobsters...hmmm I miss those shrimp cocktails...guess now that I am land locked again I'll just have to make my own:)

DH almost had a heartattack when I told him I wanted to order two of the desserts one night!

I am so glad to see that others do this too!!! I mean how often do you get to SPLURGE like that!!!

We will order an occasional second entree, but we often end up with more than one. When trying to choose, my wife will often make a comment about how difficult it is to choose between two entree's. After she makes her choice, the waiter will often bring the second one anyway...............

Our last cruise my DS who was 17 at the time. Every night for dinner he would order 2 starters, 2 appetizers, 2 entrees and 2 desserts. I couldn't believe he could put away that much food. He is a skinny kid.....lol Also most nights he would eat everyones broccoli cause he was the only one that liked it......lol

DH would usually order 2 starters or appetizers and I would once in a while depending on what was on the menu.

Kim

Only on formal nights do I order two entrees. Gotta have the lobster tail (sometimes two), and prime rib. Would be nice if they would serve them on one plate, because it's really wasteful to bring all the sides again.

On occasion, I have ordered two appetizers, and once two desserts.:)

Our last cruise my DS who was 17 at the time. Every night for dinner he would order 2 starters, 2 appetizers, 2 entrees and 2 desserts. I couldn't believe he could put away that much food. He is a skinny kid.....lol Also most nights he would eat everyones broccoli cause he was the only one that liked it......lol

DH would usually order 2 starters or appetizers and I would once in a while depending on what was on the menu.

Kim

I'm so reassured now!! My DS17 is going on our first cruise in a week and he plans to EAT his way thru the 7 days!! A dozen years of competitive gymnastics and he can eat a LOT of food!!

I always order whatever I want, plus I get my table to always order a couple of plates of the mac and cheese from the children's menu as an extra side dish. Usually a few of every dessert is ordered for people to share. When we taste other people's dishes and like them better, then we reorder them. Needless to say, no one ever goes hungry. By the way, order more than one shrimp cocktail each night.

...what would my mama say: "There is some starving kid from some poor country, don't waste food."

...what I would respond: "Well he's down cleaning my cabin right now, should I order up an entree for him too?":p

...just in fun guys, just in fun.

My son (age 25) went on a cruise last May with several friends. He reported that there were a few people in the group who ordered four or five entrees for dinner, every night... but he said the best he could do was three:eek: . I think they all got their money's worth on the cruise! Particularly since they got a rate of something like $589 for a seven day Caribbean cruise out of Miami (I think it was the Victory).

On our family cruise last fall, DD (9) had a shrimp cocktail every night. DH & I will order one entree each and sometimes one to share. Except on formal night - then don't get your hands near DH (you may loose a finger):rolleyes: . He will have two lobster tails and two prime ribs. We rarely take the elevators, so he feels that he can splurge. Me, I would love to have one of every dessert most nights, but will limit myself to tastes from DH's, DD's and DS's and one of my own choice.

I only order one entree but will do 2 or 3 first courses to try different stuff and they are barely more than a mouthful. You can also get a main course as a starter in a smaller portion if you want to test the waters.

I hate having that overstuffed feeling and having to let my belt out after dinner.

Yup, shrimp coctail every night! Can't do without it. AND!!! Warm Melting Chocolate Cake ... ooooooooooooooo, I think I feel faint.

We ususally have an extra lobster and NO turf on lobster night. They are always very gracious! Our waiter overheard our conversation about not being able to choose between seafood au gratin and beef wellington ... we both wound up ordering the beef and he brought a serving of au gratin and put it between us to share ... and we did!!! that was one of the very best meals I've had anywhere, any time, you name it.

Yup, shrimp coctail every night! Can't do without it. AND!!! Warm Melting Chocolate Cake ... ooooooooooooooo, I think I feel faint.

This goes double for me, two shrimp cocktails each night as there is only 4 per serving. Sometimes a double main meal, but always melting chocolate cake along with another dessert.

some nights we order more than one entree, but others we don't. We mostly order more than one appetizer. soup and something else.

deserts just one and never that melting cake ;) However, my kids like that melting cake. They make it at home all the time.

Archived