Back from Sovereign...here is my review

Greetings from Myrtle Beach! Gamecock fan here :p but loved the review anyway! I'm considering this cruise for myself and 2 kids next year. Your review has really encouraged me to go ahead and book! Thanks....

:D I found this on webshots.com... It was not our room, but identical except for the pullman beds.

2743328680099944943S600x600Q85.jpg

The bathroom is on the left. Small vanity/desk on the right and the closet. We put our suitcase under the table, between the two beds. We put the lifejackets from the closet underneath the bed, and this freed up plenty of space in the closet as well.

Alwaska, Muster was at 4:15pm, and we were back in the room by 4:45pm. That would give you 15 minutes until sailaway at 5pm. :)

firefly, lol at the Carnival board...that's where I got the idea for the review. This is the review I was trying to emulate

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=540296&highlight=glory+western

but his was much better!

amybear, roast beef is my second favorite food...but filet is first. :D Your right, still wonderful, but not a filet as advertised.

Oliverthecat, I took Bonine religiously every 12 hours, and did not get sick. We had the most motion leaving and returning to Port Canaveral. I wouldn't worry at all about it, just take something like Bonine beforehand, and enjoy your bday. :) Oh yes and GOOO Tigers!

Kathi, hi neighbor! Port Canaveral would not be a bad drive from Myrtle Beach. We stayed at the Radisson, and you can park for free, and they shuttle you to the ship, saving you around $12 (parking at the pier). The Adventure Ocean had plenty for kids to do also. ;)

sorry you missed jetty park, heres a picture we took of it, i thought i had a better one but this is the only one we took

picture-38.jpg

in case you were wondering they were doing a changing of the guard at nassau thats what all of the crowds were about

i cant believe there were so many people in nassau i can imagine what it would be like with a few more boats in port

I wonder if it is always like this from this port? We sailed the Sov 5/7/07 and the first night was VERY rocky..we were bouncing from wall to wall walking the hallways and by the time I was in bed I was getting nervous! Thankfully I had taken something the nurse had given me so I wasn't feeling sick but I heard the next morning many were throwing up. Also the last night of the cruise it was once again very rocky.

You did a great review, the pictures and all made me remember our cruise, thank you!!!! ;)

• 11 months later...

Great review but I had to laugh as it's a year old... didn't realize until I read that Mike Swarkarski was the cruise director...he was our cruise director on AOS this May...:D I agree though he is a riot!

Boy this review really had me confused. I loved the review and especially the pics. I felt like i was there. It looked like my photo's from my cruise. We also stayed at the raddison. However, what confused me was the rocking of the ship. We were on this ship just last week and I couldnt figure out how come they had such rocky waves and we had such calm waves. After reading and looking closely I noticed this was may of last year. Not a problem just was noticing. I really enjoyed reading the post and loved the pictures as they are so clear. Anyone going on her anything soon, I hope you have a great trip as we did.

This thread got me excited all over again for my upcoming cruise on SOS in August. Excellent review and pictues, btw... :)

I remember when I first set up my countdown clock I had 156 days left. I'm down to 79! Tom Petty said it best - "The waiting is the hardest part." :D :D :D

sorry you missed jetty park, heres a picture we took of it, i thought i had a better one but this is the only one we took

picture-38.jpg

That location(by the white buildings) is exactly where we "stopped" to pull over and let a guy with a medical emergency off couple of weeks ago while on the Mariner.......it was strange to start cruise and stop a few mins later............

Archived