Question for Steamboats

unberwoob

Steamboats,

I have a question about our upcoming river cruise with Uniworld and need an answer from a "native". My wife is bringing her CPAC (continuous positive airway pressure) machine. It has dual voltage and I have an adapter. However, there may not be a plug by the bed so I will possibly need an extension cord. The ones here in the US all say 120v. Would I need a different cord in Europe, and if so do you think the boat could supply it. Or would our extension cords work. I have used many dual voltage devices without problems, but thought I would ask about this one. You assistance is appreciated. I always enjoy your posts on this board. Thanks.

Dennis

Steamboats,

I have a question about our upcoming river cruise with Uniworld and need an answer from a "native". My wife is bringing her CPAC (continuous positive airway pressure) machine. It has dual voltage and I have an adapter. However, there may not be a plug by the bed so I will possibly need an extension cord. The ones here in the US all say 120v. Would I need a different cord in Europe, and if so do you think the boat could supply it. Or would our extension cords work. I have used many dual voltage devices without problems, but thought I would ask about this one. You assistance is appreciated. I always enjoy your posts on this board. Thanks.

Dennis

My DH used CPAC on a Grand Circle River Cruise,and says:

The cabins are small enough that you probably will not need an extension cord. However, if you did, any 'good' extension cord should handle the voltage. It should be a heavier extension cord than the little light lamp cords. Something that you would use for an electrical power tool should work fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Dennis,

I´m no electrician. But I think the wires used in your extension cords are much thinner than the ones we use. The thinner wire might cause a fire if you´re using it with 230V. I´m sure the ship can help you with an extension cord. I´d call Uniworld and tell them about your problem. I´m sure they´re able to help you.

steamboats

Thanks Steamboats. That is what I figured. I have cords on my battery charger that are thicker, but they do not draw the current that a CPAC machine does. I don't want to lug around a big heavy cord, so I will let Uniworld help me.

I am looking forward to your review of the Elbe cruise. We have done the entire Main and Danube and next month will cruise the Rhine and Moselle, so I am looking at the Elbe next.

Thanks again.

Dennis

Archived