laundry, quick enough for 1st formal night?

kathy_bc

Hello,

If we place a dress shirt in laundry the first night, will we get it back in time for the 1st formal night the next night??

I don't know if I should take my husband's shirts to the laundry here now, or on the ship.....

thanks!

kathy

I strongly suggest you bring the shirt clean. Would you really want to pack a dirty shirt in the suitcase with all your clean cruise clothes?

Don't count on the laundry definitely getting it back to you in time for night 2 aboard which would usually be your first formal night.

ok thanks You convinced me.

On the Volendam though, they have a self serve laundry where I can touchup his shirts??? This is a new perk, because I have never been able to wash or iron before.

So I'm off to the cleaners to bring his shirts.

:) k

Reading this thread makes me think of having once been told some pax arrive at ship ("S" Suite guests) with suitcase full of dirty clothes.....NOT wrinkled and needing a touch up iron....Dirty. Of course, they send the whole mess out and want it back in an hour or less.

Blows my mind!

Last year we did Statendam's 13-nt Cruisetour, land portion first.

One of my first CC questions ever was at that time ... I asked if it was considered tacky or gauche to arrive at the ship (Cat S passengers) with the laundry from the land portion of the trip.

I was assured by several CCers that it was expected, and not to worry at all about it.

The laundry was back the next day (we didn't ask for rush service), in perfect condition ... with those memorable little laundry tags in place on each piece.

Reading this thread makes me think of having once been told some pax arrive at ship ("S" Suite guests) with suitcase full of dirty clothes.....NOT wrinkled and needing a touch up iron....Dirty. Of course, they send the whole mess out and want it back in an hour or less.

Blows my mind!

Live-in maid walked out before their cruise? :rolleyes:

Blows my mind!

It's really not unusual...If folks do an extensive land tour before their cruise they may have to send laundry out immediately..When on my first cruise in Greece, I had to send laundry out at the Hotel, before we boarded, as we had been there almost a week prior to our cruise..If the Cruise Line had laundry service on board, I would have waited to send out my laundry..And in those days we were permitted 70 LBs....

• 3 weeks later...

From reading the above, I conclude that it would not be unrealistic to send in DH's dress shirt from the 1st formal nite & have it back in time for 2nd formal nite? We have SC cabin, so laundry is included. Does that mean "express" laundry also? Since HE, not I, packs everything he owns, each little extra space is important.:rolleyes:

Reading this thread makes me think of having once been told some pax arrive at ship ("S" Suite guests) with suitcase full of dirty clothes... Blows my mind!
I used to work with a guy who would always bring 3 or 4 dirty shirts with him on business trips to one frequent customer site, and drop them off the first day at a laundry that we passed twice every day. It was just "more convenient" than going to his laundry at home. :eek:

Archived