fall sailing,best time for solo cruisers

airlink diva

I suggest that if you want to cruise, and have the time to do so in the fall, Sept,Oct,Nov and first part of Dec are great times for solo cruises.

I'm looking at a quick weekend cruise for my birthday in September and for four nights, the price is only $219!!

I receive weekly e-mails from a travel agent for a few years and the pricing for the fall is really good.

Of course you have hurricane season going on. But in all my fall sailings, we only change ports once.

Just keep a look out for the falling rates!!

Happy sailing!!

How much longer until December 2008

14 day Statedam cruise!!!:D :D :D

I've taken 3 solo cruises in November and early December. Great time for solo cruising - prices lower, few children, and out of hurrican season.

Roz

I've done 2 fall cruises and have another one planned for this fall. The transatlantic I did was a last minute repositioning cruise and those are typically in mid-fall. If you wait until the last minute you can get some incredible rates on those. My suggestion is that you buy the airline ticket through the cruiseline so the price of that isn't increased due to the last minute purchase.

Yep I agree that fall is a great time to cruise. Lots less young children and great prices.... that's enough to recommend them :D

• 3 weeks later...

Hey this is a great thread. My name is Todd I've cruised twice solo the week following Thanksgiving I cant say enough about cruising solo in the Caribbean during the fall. I just booked a 10-day cruise on the Emerald Princess ports out of Ft. Lauderdale on Nov.26th and comes back on Thurs. Dec.6th solo and I cant wait. Fall and the Caribbean are perfect. Been there done that got the t-shirt now Im going back for the hat!!! Take care Todd in West Virginia

Hey Roz thats a GREAT point I was on the Golden Princess back in Nov. 01, could NOT believe how many kids there werent. I think I may have seen maybe 5-10 kids during the entire week, great time to cruise.

I'm a single/solo/senior cruiser. My favorite week to cruise is Thanksgiving week. There may be a few more families, but it's nowhere near as bad as spring break or summer. I prefer fall/winter cruises whenever possible. For Alaska, I went the last week in September. Had I known the ship I was on was repositioning I would have stayed on it longer than 7 days.

• 1 month later...

And remember lower prices makes this better for us single/solo cruisers.

Just so happens that Cruise Critics has a members cruise in on Oct 5, 2008 on Carnival Legend. The prices seem pretty good to me. Check it out on the CC Members Cruises board. I am seriously thinking about it.:cool:

haha heehee...That would be my luck that the fall has the cheapest cruise fares. I'm a college football fan (yes, I have season tickets).

So, between late-Aug - Jan I spend my vacation dollars on travelling to games - including bowl games. But, I'm free any other time of the year.

I'm cruising in Feb and again in June (celebrating my 50th! -- that's 50th year, not 50th cruise -- oh how I wish!).

I'm thinking of Tahiti in Feb09. Just the sound of "Tahiti" makes me smile.

Archived