Is There a Way To Determine If a Group Is Booked On Your Cruise

Host Walt

I don't believe RSVP belongs on this list...it is not a "group cruise", as they book the whole ship for their trips.

I generally include charters, when I know about them, on the list as it shows why cruises during that time period are not available.

Rich

hello,anybody know something about a big group on the Rotterdam,08/23/2009?(i don't mean the knitting groupe of the mike owners group,they were on the list already for a couple of moths ).

In 1 day,at once the hole ship is sold out, except for the suites and the penthouse! Very strange, so i have the idea that a big group made a reservation.

burny

hello,anybody know something about a big group on the Rotterdam,08/23/2009?(i don't mean the knitting groupe of the mike owners group,they were on the list already for a couple of moths ).

In 1 day,at once the hole ship is sold out, except for the suites and the penthouse! Very strange, so i have the idea that a big group made a reservation.

burny

Might not be a group -- you are 83 days out, near final payment. Every now and then HAL will take all (or most) of a cruise off the site in order to realign cabins, guarantees and TA blocks. I would bet that within a day or so, quite a bit will be open again.

Rich

Hi Rich,

I didn't see the following group on your list:

Twilight Cruise

There is a group of approximately 1000 fans being booked on the Oosterdam Aug 8, 2010 for a "Twilight" cruise.

If you are wondering what Twilight is, it is the first in a series of novels (and movies) with a vampire love story theme. Some of the supporting actors will be aboard and they will have autograph sessions, movie viewings, a charity auction and a costume dance, among other events.

I predict a lot of teenagers and teenagers-at-heart will be on this sailing.

Whether you'd like to join or like to avoid, I hope this info is helpful.

Hi Rich,

I didn't see the following group on your list:

Twilight Cruise

There is a group of approximately 1000 fans being booked on the Oosterdam Aug 8, 2010 for a "Twilight" cruise.

If you are wondering what Twilight is, it is the first in a series of novels (and movies) with a vampire love story theme. Some of the supporting actors will be aboard and they will have autograph sessions, movie viewings, a charity auction and a costume dance, among other events.

I predict a lot of teenagers and teenagers-at-heart will be on this sailing.

Whether you'd like to join or like to avoid, I hope this info is helpful.

Thanks - it has been added. Looks like it might be fun.

Rich

I am completely LOST...maybe beacuse I am still stuck on the navigation deck of westerdam...just got off..

I need to find if there is a roll call for westerdam for Oct 18 2009 and where did the roll call go for Nov 29 2009...was gone 10 days and they have seemed to vanish...did I experience glacier hangover or are they really not on the roll call..please assist...somebody......anybody...:p

michelle.....thanks

Edited by hallover

I am completely LOST...maybe beacuse I am still stuck on the navigation deck of westerdam...just got off..

I need to find if there is a roll call for westerdam for Oct 18 2009 and where did the roll call go for Nov 29 2009...was gone 10 days and they have seemed to vanish...did I experience glacier hangover or are they really not on the roll call..please assist...somebody......anybody...:p

michelle.....thanks

Westerdam 10/18/09 --

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=879556

Can't find 11/29 Sorry

Rich

With many thanks rich for the 10/18......

there was a thread that started with dvr_ or something like that and there was several that dialoged in.....guess it fell out...or do they not fall out...oh well..thanks again for the help....too cool...:p..michelle

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have any info re: a group on the Prinsendam Amazon River cruise Nov. 25/09? It's been sold out since April except for the Penthouse, with absolutely no opening up of cabins at all. (I'm on a wait list.) I did a google search and found some travel agencies had booked group space and then sold all of their cabins, but I haven't found anything else.

Edited by luvcruisn'

I am utterly amazed at the information this forum has. Thanks for whomever put it together, the contributors, etc.

I have yet to have a question that the answer (and I mean obscure answers) wasn't there for the reading.

Thanks again everybody.

There's a local (Nashville) conservative syndicated talk show host by the name of Phil Valentine who's sponsoring a "Friends of Phil" Alaskan cruise this September. The advertising says the ship is "the Holland America" :D, so it could very well be the Westerdam. The advertising also mentions that a "special guest" may make an appearance. I wonder who that could be? ;)

Let's see...political conservative, Alaskan itinerary, stop in Juneau which happens to be the state capital. Well, I'll leave it up to you to figure it out, but I have my own hunch.

Roz

There's a local (Nashville) conservative syndicated talk show host by the name of Phil Valentine who's sponsoring a "Friends of Phil" Alaskan cruise this September. The advertising says the ship is "the Holland America" :D, so it could very well be the Westerdam. The advertising also mentions that a "special guest" may make an appearance. I wonder who that could be? ;)

Let's see...political conservative, Alaskan itinerary, stop in Juneau which happens to be the state capital. Well, I'll leave it up to you to figure it out, but I have my own hunch.

Roz

The Phil Valentine group is on the Amsterdam Sept 12th -- information is here

http://www.philvalentine.com/AlaskaCruise.htm

Rich

Roz

Any mention of seeing Russia while on the cruise? ;)

Hi Rich,

Do you know if there's a "group" on the ms Noordam 2/13/2010 cruise? I tried to book the M & G for our CC Roll Call, and was told there's already a "group" that day in the Crow's Nest. Never had this happen before...so am curious if we're amongt a large group.

Rich, I just read on the 'West Coast Departures' board of a group of 400 drunk (?) women fighting on a local Seattle tour-boat. They even managed to stop the police from boarding. But it also said the group is going to Alaska from Seattle this summer. Their TA said she'd notified the cruise line of their proclivities.

Am I safe on the Zaandam August 7 or will I be getting lots of use out of that balcony?

Girls gone wild or not - we're sailing!

thanks