Is There a Way To Determine If a Group Is Booked On Your Cruise

Host Walt

That entry was put in due to comments on this thread -- see post by lvz2cruz about 7 posts back. I have been unable to verify what kind of group this is, but according to that post, all early dining has been taken by the group making it about 700 or so.

Rich

I understand the reason for the frowny-face in Innlady's post, but I just want to caution people not to overreact. Yes, it's a big list, but a lot of the groups listed on it are small. As richwmn says, a group of 50 doctors on board for a medical seminar shouldn't bother anyone else in any way.

I understand the reason for the frowny-face in Innlady's post, but I just want to caution people not to overreact. Yes, it's a big list, but a lot of the groups listed on it are small. As richwmn says, a group of 50 doctors on board for a medical seminar shouldn't bother anyone else in any way.

I agree with you O2B@C.

A group of 50 anything is about .025 of all passengers. Chances are, even if they all wore pineapples on their head, one might not encounter them.

There are groups on every ship, every cruise line, every sail. There are even groups within charter cruises. Most groups are formed to take advantage of group pricing under the umbrella of a sponsor. Most don't expect or get special treatment.

I am aware of a group with 500 passengers that was undetectable by non group passengers.

One person posted a tease of a post suggesting that that would be the next cruise to be chartered but gave no further information. Rich, if nobody else has come up with any reason to believe it, and the OP on that topic has not returned, perhaps those unverified charters should just be removed from the list?

Or has someone heard more about those since the topic first came up?

This was talking about the 2/22 Westerdam. It has now been verified as a full charter

Hal booking agent says group has reserved all early dining 12/14/08on Veendam. I'm guessing it would not be party group if they eat early. Any idea on who it could be? There is no roll call so far, so maybe it's a big group.

Thanks for any help.

I just verified that a large group is on this sailing, numbering around 700, but they were unable to tell me the name of the group.

The 2/28 Eurodam still has some time to complete a full charter. It remains a posibility.

Rich

These groups are on the June 29th Westerdam sailing.

Women of Faith Conference

Faith Lutheran families and friends

Family Medicine

I currently list only cruises about a week out, because I feel that anything closer is really too late to worry about if you don't already know. If everyone wishes, I can change it to start on the current date.

Rich

Rich,

Not sure how you handle links but I found these if they are of interest...

Oosterdam 08-09-2008 has listed Spirit West Coast Ministries. This is a link for information on their cruise through Inspiration Travel with Purpose:

http://www.inspirationcruises.com/html/spirit_west_coast.html

and Cruises for Doctors is behind the Pediatric Review 2008 group:

http://www.cruisesfordoctors.com/conted.htm

Eremita

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw your list and see that Kosherica is listed for many cruises, including the one we are on (8/25/08 Noordam). Has anyone had any experience with this group on a cruise? We're concerned that the special food requirements may have some effect on the regular dining. So far I have not been able to determine the size of these groups.

The list I keep, http://www.wa70.com/hdisplay.php, shows a continuing education group for doctors in family practice on that cruise. Should be a small group and not bother you.

Rich

Oosterdam June 27 through July 5 to Alaska

We did see the group a few times on the ship, they went just about everywhere together. LOL They did use the conference rooms for their training and often left the doors open to the rooms. So as you walked by you could here what they were discussing. I believe they all were from Australia.

There was also another fairly good size group on the ship also, but they weren't a bother. The group was from a christian/gospel recording company. They did performances in the Queen's Lounge and the Vista Lounge, so we got some extra shows.

Great Cruise, can't wait to Cruise again.

For those who notice Kosherica groups shown on Walt's list for their cruise, check out the thread "Kosherica groups effect on dining" below. A participant gives a good explanation of this, including the fact that group sizes range from 25 to 150.

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't been following the boards much since getting the boot from the Eurodam on the "caribbean inagural" 10/18/08 but finally did a seach on who chartered the ship...Bob Proctor. He has chartered other ships in the past. Don't think I'll book at the prices he is asking...lol

I was researching to see if I could find any large groups booked for my cruise 2/12/09 on Noordam. None on mine, but I did find these:

(perhaps you want to add them to your list)

2/2/09 - 2/12/09 Noordam: Northwest Anesthesia Seminars, INC.

2/22/09 - 3/4/09 Noordam: Bridge with Bernie Group

Rich's database shows the National Review as part of the Eurodam cruise Nov 8 - 15. As a bit of expansion, here's the current listing of coming attractions for that cruise.

http://www.nrcruise.com/

Hmmm. It's the same agency that is setting up the Air America and the Nation cruises, but this one is much more expensive.;)

• 1 month later...
I haven't been following the boards much since getting the boot from the Eurodam on the "caribbean inagural" 10/18/08 but finally did a seach on who chartered the ship...Bob Proctor. He has chartered other ships in the past. Don't think I'll book at the prices he is asking...lol

The rates that are posted on his websight seem very reasonable, they include all costs (tips, fuel, taxes). $399 inside, $449 outside, $599 balcony, $999 suite. Thoughts on this group? Even if you are not part of the group, the rates seem cheap.

In another thread a question was raised whether there is a way to determine if a group is booked on a specific cruise.

Localady, Hammybee and others contributed the only approach I know of which is to do a search engine search for the specific sailing to see if a result pops up with the cruise associated with a specific organization.

The issue really pertains to large groups where there is a possibility that the group might intrude on the enjoyment of the cruise by individual passengers, not to non-intrusive smaller groups.

If you are aware of a site or other source where such info can be obtained, please post details here.

If you have specific, verifiable information about a specific group booking on a specific cruise, however, please post that information of the Roll Call thread for that cruise and not here.

I know of a group sailing, but don't know how to post it on roll call