How long to clear customs upon arrival in St. Thomas?

So for a Baltimore to San Juan, to St. Thomas, to Dom. Rep. to Labadee, we should not have to go through immigration again until Baltimore right?

Another question. I thought non-US ships were not allowed to go from one US port to another without a non-US port in between. I forget the name of the law, but I know that I don't like it. Although it seems here that they are not following it, or perhaps there is an exception for territories?

B.

So for a Baltimore to San Juan, to St. Thomas, to Dom. Rep. to Labadee, we should not have to go through immigration again until Baltimore right?

Another question. I thought non-US ships were not allowed to go from one US port to another without a non-US port in between. I forget the name of the law, but I know that I don't like it. Although it seems here that they are not following it, or perhaps there is an exception for territories?

B.

I think you have the law wrong. Non-US ships cannot start a cruise at a US port and end a cruise at a US port without stopping at a non-us port.

B.

I think you have the law wrong. Non-US ships cannot start a cruise at a US port and end a cruise at a US port without stopping at a non-us port.

yes what she said

"Each member of your party to be present."

Sorry, I don't agree. As my DW and I entered the dining room in line upon arriving in St. Thomas, we were directed to separate lines and agents to speed up the process. How would they know if "each member of our party" was present? What constitutes a "party"? Neither agent asked or cared if the other "party" member or members were present. Each individual has a passport, not a "party".

10,000 - 1 = 9,999

Sorry, I don't agree.

Why am I not surprised??:rolleyes:

Sorry,but yes, each member of your party(or in other words every passenger)must show up.......your seapass card is marked by the agents.....

PS.thanks for getting my thread pulled last night......that was awful nice of you......

I guess we have a grammar problem here.

Each passenger must present themsleves to the customs and immigration agents. Your "party" does not have to be standing in line together.

Sorry your thread got pulled, I guess it wasn't really helpful to those reading the boards.

Each member of your party to be present.

I guess we have a grammar problem here.

Each passenger must present themsleves to the customs and immigration agents. Your "party" does not have to be standing in line together.

Sorry your thread got pulled, I guess it wasn't really helpful to those reading the boards.

Sorry you're having a grammar problem.........

I didnt say "your party" had to be standing together in line,did I??:confused:

Thanks for helping to weed out the unhelpful threads.........(I cant imagine ever doing that)Good thing you're around........

Each member of your party to be present.

PH is correct along with passport & shipcard each memebr of your party must be present.

no where in that statement does it say they have to be together just present.

I do not see a grammer problem anywhere.

Lets rememebr that these boards are to be helpful. Correcting someone with a thumbs down and then gramatically is a bit much especially when the poster was correct. And just because one person does not find a thread helpful does not mean another might not find it extremely informational. I would never think of having a thread pulled myself as i belive to each his own....

I wasn't trying to be petty. I previously answered the question that was:

"So for this immigration, we only need to have our setsail pass, photo id and either passport, or birth certificate/marriage license correct? "

My answer was "you need your passport and ship ID". I did not interpret this question to mean "do I need other people to be with me, but what do I as an individual need to bring".

What is petty is mega posters that participate in every thread and believe it is their responsibility to correct everyone and comment on everything.

What is petty is mega posters that participate in every thread and believe it is their responsibility to correct everyone and comment on everything.

I didnt correct you and I am sorry it bothers you that I have a lot of posts.I input information when I can and add to some when I think it can help.That's all.:D :D

I didnt correct you and I am sorry it bothers you that I have a lot of posts.I input information when I can and add to some when I think it can help.That's all.:D :D

I've met Parrothead8, although my opinion may be moot, since I've posted over 7,000 times in four years, and she's nice and very helpful. She's also an important resource on the boards. Everyone is trying to be helpful.

To get back to the topic.............

On our cruise in May you passed quickly around a loop, as others have stated THEN at the end, they put a smile on your seapass card with perm. marker. A lady in front of us couldn't get off the ship because the agent only put a smile NO EYES! She had to return to customs and her excursion wasn't waiting for her! (Oh and SHE had all 30 tickets for their family!)

Make sure you have the correct smiley face!UGH!

Hello Carpe!

Karen

[quote name='cruising lady']I think you have the law wrong. Non-US ships cannot start a cruise at a US port and end a cruise at a US port without stopping at a non-us port.[/quote]

Is it end at a US port or end at a "different" US port?

the Jones Act, a Federal law passed in 1917 by Congress and Pres. Woodrow Wilson, foreign-flagged passenger ships are prohibited from traveling between two contiguous U.S. ports. What that means is only foreign-flagged cruise ships arriving from foreign ports, or arriving from mainland ports which also include a stop in non-U.S. territory, would be permitted to anchor on U.S. soil.
hope this help....
And to the topic of immigration we went towards the end of teh scheduled time it was no wait at all.. the line kept moving and we choose to wait a bit because we did nto have any excursion scheduled so we let those that had to get off get in line first.. it worked great for us as it took us maybe 5 minutes tops to do the whole thing.....

Sounds like for once they have changed things for the better, last time we had to clear immigration in St. Thomas, NO ONE got off till the whold ship cleared. That was the pit's, there always seems to be at least ONE person who thinks that just cause they aren't getting off they don't have to go thru the process...........

[quote name='cruzincurt']

What is petty is mega posters that participate in every thread and believe it is their responsibility to correct everyone and comment on everything.[/quote]

By my count, you have quite a few posts in this thread, also, some of them correcting others. I've met Parrothead as well and find her to be very gracious and helpful on these boards. Megaposter? I guess that's what you would call someone who posts useful information often. I don't see that as a negative attribute but maybe your mileage will vary.

[quote name='Schplinky']By my count, you have quite a few posts in this thread, also, some of them correcting others. I've met Parrothead as well and find her to be very gracious and helpful on these boards. Megaposter? I guess that's what you would call someone who posts useful information often. I don't see that as a negative attribute but maybe your mileage will vary.[/quote]

[B][COLOR=blue]Well said [/COLOR][/B]

[quote name='dramaqueen4lyfe'][B][COLOR=blue]Well said [/COLOR][/B][/quote]

Schplinky is a class act and a doll. Not just cause he had the guts to ask that my Frisbee chicken be sent back on the Liberty, when I was more chicken than my dish, either.

There are [B][U]ALOT of class acts[/U][/B] on CC........(and I have been very fortunate to meet some of them)

Ok, back to topic..:)

[B]
[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]"C.C.D-G"[/COLOR][/B];)

[quote name='Nliedel']Schplinky is a class act and a doll. Not just cause he had the guts to ask that my Frisbee chicken be sent back on the Liberty, when I was more chicken than my dish, either.[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=darkorchid]I love the Frisbee chicken on Liberty! (as you know since you were at my table) Now, let's fight about it! :D ;) :p[/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='ChristieNJ'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=darkorchid]I love the Frisbee chicken on Liberty! (as you know since you were at my table) Now, let's fight about it! :D ;) :p[/COLOR][/FONT][/quote]

You needed to bath your plate in ketchup to eat it. Just say, no to the Frisbee.

[quote name='Nliedel']You needed to bath your plate in ketchup to eat it. Just say, no to the Frisbee.[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=darkorchid]I bathe EVERYTHING (except ice cream) in ketchup! But yeah, I guess that probably did mask it pretty well. :o[/COLOR][/FONT]

Archived