Precheck Luggage Program

A couple of weeks ago we made use of the pre-check luggage program-thus we did not have to deal with our luggage. The cost was $20 per person and 2 bags each could be pre-checked through to your destination- we also had our boarding passes the night before -so we could go straight to security without dealing with luggage or the ticket counter. You set your luggage out the night before-just like everyone else-but you have special tags on them. YOu do need to pick up your bags after you get through customs and then hand them over to the airline representatives. We did not see them again until we got home!!

We learned this from Cruise Critic several months ago. The best $20 we have spent. You need to ask Royal Caribbean several days before the cruise ends as there is a cut -off point. I believe this was offered for passengers on Delta, United, American and one other). We did not see this service posted in the Cruise Compass-so be sure to ask!!

This could be very useful for someone with a later flight as well -- We have always used taxis and have never used the ships transfers. Most of the time we beat them to the airport. Just not having to deal with hauling the luggage was worth the price to us!!

A couple of weeks ago we made use of the pre-check luggage program-thus we did not have to deal with our luggage. The cost was $20 per person and 2 bags each could be pre-checked through to your destination- we also had our boarding passes the night before -so we could go straight to security without dealing with luggage or the ticket counter. You set your luggage out the night before-just like everyone else-but you have special tags on them. YOu do need to pick up your bags after you get through customs and then hand them over to the airline representatives. We did not see them again until we got home!!

We learned this from Cruise Critic several months ago. The best $20 we have spent. You need to ask Royal Caribbean several days before the cruise ends as there is a cut -off point. I believe this was offered for passengers on Delta, United, American and one other). We did not see this service posted in the Cruise Compass-so be sure to ask!!

This could be very useful for someone with a later flight as well -- We have always used taxis and have never used the ships transfers. Most of the time we beat them to the airport. Just not having to deal with hauling the luggage was worth the price to us!!

What ship were you on? I have never heard of this but it sounds like it is well worth the money?

Ann

We used this service on Empress when we left San Juan a couple of years ago. They were just trying out the program at that time but, we really appreciated not having to lug our bags from the port in San Juan to the airport. And, our bags did manage to be there at DFW when we were :D .

d

We used it in April on the Freedom of the Seas in Miami. The cost was $10 per person. We also took advantage of the "leave when you want if you carry your own bags" (not the real title) and departed the ship at 6:30AM. We didn't even have to look for our bags after getting off the ship. It was the best experience of all our cruises.

Your flight must be after 11:30 I believe....in order to use the valet service.

We used this service last month from Explorer. We flew out of FLL and our flight had to be after 12:30(I think). There was a separate paper with our cruise compass on about the second or third night. This sheet explained everything. We paid $15. a person. They did have a problem at first getting my flight info because they were told there were similar names. I gave them my booking number and they were able to get my boarding pass.

We used it in April 06 on the Serenade out of PR. $10 per person. It was fantastic. American was waiting for us when we got through customs and we did not see our luggage until we got home. I was hoping Princess did it this year when we went with them, but they don't offer that service. It would be great for anyone with a later flight. Give you luggage up and enjoy the city of San Juan or Miami or whereever and not have to lug your luggage with you! I would do it again in a heartbeat!:)

We used this service this past December on the Voyager in Miami with American Airlines. We paid $10 per person, and it was money well spent. There were six of us. Since we didn't have luggage to deal with, we all fit nicely into one cab (minivan) to the airport. Once at the airport, there was a HUGE line at the AA counter. We were able to bypass it, go through security and straight to our gate. I will definitely use this service again.

Judi, do you know that us air uses this too? Do all royal ships offer this? I will be on Empress of the sea's. We have a late afternoon flight and this will be great to use. So it is 2 bags per person and the cost sounds like it varies for airline/ship. I can handle that. But to find it I need check at the persurs desk a few days before port? Good to know. Thanks all. :)

Do not wait until the last night to ask the pursers desk. We asked at about 7pm on Friday night for Sun departure and the cutoff was at 6pm (two days before departure) but lucky for us they had extended it until midnight. Ask earlier as you may/may not see this with an insert in the compass. We were on AOS two weeks ago. They were charging $20. I will do this every time as we were so carefree without luggage.!! As I remember it-flights had to be after 11:30 as well I will thank Cruise Critic for the heads up on this one!!

USAirways does it, really?

that is great news for us.:D

so we just ask the pursers desk on the last night?

NOT ON THE LAST NIGHT! That is too late.

This must be arranged about half way through your cruise. On the last night they will give you your airline boarding passes as well as special tags (airline baggage tags) for your luggage. I would ask on the 2nd day if they are offering this service.

Archived