THE LABADEE ZIP LINE - Everything You Always Wanted To Know

At my age and with a heart attack and back surgery 6 months ago, taking photos seems to be best for me.

I really enjoy cruising and meeting new people either in person or through these boards.

Take care of yourself--this is any example--we a few need good men with cameras to keep us in the know!!

• 3 weeks later...

Just to say my DH had a blast on the Labadee zipline last week! :D

There was no cross wind so they were all instructed to adapt the upright star position to slow them slightly, still came down speedily though. A couple of the younger girls didn't have to as they were lighter.

Have fun everyone!

I was in Labadee last September and didn't see any zip lines - is this relatively new there? We are going again soon and this might be an adventure to try!

Thanks for the reply.:)

I think it just opened in April/May of this year. Looks like lots of fun. Thanks for the reports!

I've only zip-lined once, Jungle Breezes in Costa Rica last year. From the various videos it looks like the style of the rollers sort of acts as a friction break, slowing things down.

Even at that, the view would be worth the $$$ and the trip down a bonus. Wish they had it when we were there last spring.

Aubie

RCI calls it the Dragon's Breath Flightline, minimum height 5ft, max weight 275lbs, it costs £35 sterling, so I guess that's around 70 dollars as someone said.

I've got arthritis in my knee, which plays up sometimeimes, and am not in very good shape, but I'm thinking of having a go anway, as my son would love it and my husband's got a bad back so won't go near it - anyone advise against it for me? eg what's involved in the travel there and all the pre-zip bits?

Here I am, an old lady wanting to try this. I hope that one day I get to Labadee to try it. It looks like so much fun. Wish they had it at Coco Cay too because we end up on Mariner Eastern sailings often.

If this is slow, well------It looks like it would be a great ride. My husband would never try it, but I so want to do so. Thanks for posting the pics etc.

• 2 weeks later...

I was getting ready to sign the whole family up for the zip line on our Liberty stop in Labadee next month. But after seeing these pictures I might stay at the bar myself and sip foos. Sometimes the less you know about something the better. But I'm always one to research things to death.

I'll probably go along with the crowd though. Just hope it's not like my first (and only)attempt at parachuting. I chickened out on the tarmac just before going up. The scary videos telling you how dangerous it is and the tons of waivers you have to sign didn't help matters. Better to chicken out on the ground where you get your money back then in the air where you don't.

Of course with the zip line I only have up to ten days before the cruise to cancel with refund. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Jimmers:)

• 3 weeks later...

Pics are great but my first thought was what a way to ruin a perfectly lovely view. I always enjoyed Labadee and a relaxing day at the beach. Now that is spoiled by those lines across the beach. I am sure ZipLining is fun and I wouldn't mind trying it, but somewhere else.

Seems like RCI will do anything for a buck.

Well guys, you can either have them satisfying their ThrillSeeker urges

by jumping off the cruise-ship, and having to turn it around,

upsetting the entire schedule

- OR - you can have unsightly rigs like this,

at every Caribbean destination, it seems.

Until American Youth gets over the 'need' for ThrillSeeking

and staring Death in the face,

this is the quandary!

Archived