All Things Enchantment of the Seas

Libby, no there are no laundry rooms available for use. You can send things out to be laundered, but it is rather expensive.

If you need things ironed, they can be sent out and the cost is quite reasonable. Just make sure you do it early on the first day - formal night was a close call for us when my dress and hubby and son's dress shirts did not get delivered back to the room until and hour before dinner.

Hi everyone! we are booked on the 12/24 cruise and are very excited! this will be our second RCCL cruise--our first on Explorer in 2004.

What should I expect for a xmas cruise?

If Enchantment follows a similar pattern to Voyager, you should see some very cool decorations. Given the reputation of excellence that Enchantment enjoys, I expect the decorations will be better than the ones we saw on Voyager in January.

Regrettably I don't know if they do any special events on Christmas Day or not. I'll find out first-hand one day though. :D

My family is considering a cruise on Enchantment of the Seas this summer. We are new to RCCL and have enjoyed cruises on HAL, Disney and Princess in the past. What is the atmosphere like on Enchantment of the Seas? Is it very active or laid back or formal? How would you describe it?

Thanks!

Just back and it was everything I was hoping for. And my parents loved it as well. They were very impressed. The ship was perfect, but alas my 3yo was not. So we didn't get to enjoy as much as the ship as we were hoping to. :(

We had the corner aft JS 7600 and it was sooooooooo worth it for the balcony alone. Although the hike to the centrum was rough. We are so spoiled now, that we will likely move up to a full suite for our next cruise. Oh and we're leaving the demon child at home.

Does anyone know if the the Concierge Lounge allows JS occupants in? It's right next door to our cabin and I thought it might be useful for DH and I to alternate going in while DD is napping --since it's right next door.

No it is not available to the JS. But I believe if you are a platinum or diamond member, you can use it. Your balcony should be a good place to sit while your daughter naps.

No it is not available to the JS. But I believe if you are a platinum or diamond member, you can use it. Your balcony should be a good place to sit while your daughter naps.

Thanks for your reply Beth! I am very curious to hear your experience cruising with your 3 y/o....we're bringing our 2 y/o on in December.

Sorry, but JS is not entitled to use the CL. It is for suites (GS and above) and diamond and diamond plus members. Platinum members also cannot use the CL unless they are in a GS or above. However, EN is a wonderful ship, even if you can't use the CL.

So Enchantment deffinately has concierge?

Yes, EN has had a CL for a couple of years, at least for the past two. We sailed

EN three times, the last being a Canada/NE cruise two years ago, and Guisseppee was the concierge, and we are sailing again next month, and I hope Julian will be the CL, as there have been great stories about him and his singing! Even without the CL we loved the EN, and stretching her has only improved her!

So Enchantment deffinately has concierge?

Absolutely, positively, without a doubt!

Julian will be the concierge until late January. He is the best!

If you wish to view photos or see a video of Julian see my sig...

Have a great time!

BILL

We booked Enchantment for next month so that we can have the opportunity to enjoy the ship and Julian in the concierge lounge one more time...it's been 3 times on this ship with him so far. January 31, 2008 is when his contract is up. We'll be taking our 4 grown kids with us this time so they will all have the pleasure of meeting him. Only 2 of the kids qualify for concierge access though. :(

Thanks for your reply Beth! I am very curious to hear your experience cruising with your 3 y/o....we're bringing our 2 y/o on in December.

Well you may not want to read this. My 3yo was not the best travel companion. But it really was just his personality of late. He's been going through a very difficult stage in the last month and he let it all fly out on the cruise. He did very much enjoy the pools and the beaches though. If you haven't been there yet, check out the family board. Lots of great tips for traveling with the little ones. You can even read about my horror story. :eek:

Oh I forgot to mention before that we sat in the regular embarkment line for about 20 minutes before I saw the sign for Suite Priority Check-In. I saw the sign when we first arrived, but for some reason I only read the "Platinum, Diamond member" part. I didn't see the "Suite Guests". :o I saw a different sign later and asked someone if the JS count and she said yes. So we got up and walked right through security and check-in. We were on the ship 5 minutes later. :rolleyes:

Well you may not want to read this. My 3yo was not the best travel companion. But it really was just his personality of late. He's been going through a very difficult stage in the last month and he let it all fly out on the cruise. He did very much enjoy the pools and the beaches though. If you haven't been there yet, check out the family board. Lots of great tips for traveling with the little ones. You can even read about my horror story. :eek:

Oh I forgot to mention before that we sat in the regular embarkment line for about 20 minutes before I saw the sign for Suite Priority Check-In. I saw the sign when we first arrived, but for some reason I only read the "Platinum, Diamond member" part. I didn't see the "Suite Guests". :o I saw a different sign later and asked someone if the JS count and she said yes. So we got up and walked right through security and check-in. We were on the ship 5 minutes later. :rolleyes:

That's great to know about embarkment!! I guess JS doesn't count for CL but does for priority check in!!! Good to know. DD is just PT-ing now, I'm hoping she's there by the cruise so that she can go in the splash area especially given she is too young for camp. Did you use the babysitting at all? Was this DS's first cruise?

My family is considering a cruise on Enchantment of the Seas this summer. We are new to RCCL and have enjoyed cruises on HAL, Disney and Princess in the past. What is the atmosphere like on Enchantment of the Seas? Is it very active or laid back or formal? How would you describe it?

Thanks!

Didn't see an answer on this specifically, so hopefully this will help you a bit.

Enchantment has a very nice mixture of both. On a five day, you have one formal night that you can choose to go to if you wish or skip. That particular night is when the majority of the passengers will raise the dress code a notch or two. That's the most formal evening.

By and large it's laid back otherwise, but not laid back like a frat party. It's a cool, "Everything is juuuust right" kind of thing. A bit difficult to describe, really.

Now of course, if you go to the Quest, all bets are off, because that show is just nuts. :D But, it's supposed to be. (Do NOT take your children to the Quest!)

I'd hop right back on Enchantment for another month if given the opportunity. Go and Enjoy.

That's great to know about embarkment!! I guess JS doesn't count for CL but does for priority check in!!! Good to know. DD is just PT-ing now, I'm hoping she's there by the cruise so that she can go in the splash area especially given she is too young for camp. Did you use the babysitting at all? Was this DS's first cruise?

Yeah, the perks for the JS were priority boarding and 2 cruise credits. We had the corner aft on deck 7 so we also had the awesome huge balcony and the walk-in closet (which I believe is only in the aft cabins). After our Monarch cruise (we got a CHEAP rate for an ocean view), we'll make sure to get a suite again. We'll probably even move up to the Grand Suite. I know it's awful to say, but we actually found the JS a little cramped for the 4 of us. We did love the walk-in closet though. That will have to be a must if we sail with the boys again.

I hope your daughter is potty trained in time. She'll love the pools, if it's warm enough. I'll warn you, it was pretty chilly when we were moving.

• 3 weeks later...
hello,

my wife and i were on eos in march,07. we had an inside cabin on deck seven just forward from the crown and anchor room. the cabin was bigger than i expected. it had lots of storage. we do recommend those shoe storage thing for extra storage.

We are sailing in 7619 in January. Do you have a picture of your cabin so I can see how it is laid out differently since it is positioned sideways?

• 1 month later...