All Things Enchantment of the Seas

We just got back and really enjoyed our 8 day cruise. Going to several of the "game shows" and contests they had as well as the comedy shows made it a lot of fun.

The food: well, I was ready to get back home and eat normal food. They tried to make interesting dishes, but the quality was always lacking. At least I was able to try some new things. Ask your waiter what he recommends..he often knows what past cruisers ate, and what they didn't! Just explore the menu for fun!

Honestly, the cruise director (Keith) and his asst director (Thomas) were what made a lot of the events much better. :) Have fun!!

• 3 weeks later...

Just got off Enchantment this morning...a very nice cruise. Great dining staff, decent (though not great) food. Enjoyed the shows and Captain Gus. Some crew/staff weren't entirely cheery...one retail staff (not RCI employees, right?) was bordering on rude. Probably should have reported him to someone.

Cabin steward was a slightly weak point - though no huge issues. I was surprised to learn later in the cruise that our steward had been on several contracts; my early impression was that he was new. He was slow to replace toilet paper (in fact, we had to call to have a roll brought up one night - they brought two, and the steward removed the extra roll the next day, which seemed strange). Didn't appear to clean the drink glasses consistently, and took one of the two away at one point. The room wasn't as clean as we're used to when we boarded, though cleaning during the cruise was fine.

Edited by emelvee

• 1 month later...
does anyone have a pic of a deck 3 interior with a pullman bed opened? Worried it will be a bit cramped.

Thanks.

Again - this is our OV on Deck 3 - the only difference between our OV and your inside is a window.

This is what it looked like with the 3rd bed pulled down. We did ask for our beds to be separated because it gave us much more space (or so we thought)

5368e2ea.jpg

This was our inside last year on Enchantment

113.jpg

Edited by crusinmama06

Again - this is our OV on Deck 3 - the only difference between our OV and your inside is a window.

This is what it looked like with the 3rd bed pulled down. We did ask for our beds to be separated because it gave us much more space (or so we thought)

5368e2ea.jpg

This was our inside last year on Enchantment

113.jpg

Thank you. I just saw that pic in your thread before I came back to here.

We sailed on Carnival and had to use two pullmans for the kids. They were very awkward, one like yours and the other was were the window is in your room. The head of our bed was against the right wall also. Tough to sleep under, concerned how they do it on Royal.

Looks like the wife and I will be in separate beds for the trip to make more room :( or maybe :D we'll see after 9 days together.... :p

Edited by cruiseguy4567

Thank you. I just saw that pic in your thread before I came back to here.

We sailed on Carnival and had to use two pullmans for the kids. They were very awkward, one like yours and the other was were the window is in your room. The head of our bed was against the right wall also. Tough to sleep under, concerned how they do it on Royal.

Looks like the wife and I will be in separate beds for the trip to make more room :( or maybe :D we'll see after 9 days together.... :p

This is what it looked like before they split the beds. And of course - every night they put the triple away in the ceiling. I had considered just allowing them to leave the beds together but it felt like we were tripping over each other. So by divided them - we felt like we got more floor space.

d7613132.jpg

This is what it looked like before they split the beds. And of course - every night they put the triple away in the ceiling. I had considered just allowing them to leave the beds together but it felt like we were tripping over each other. So by divided them - we felt like we got more floor space.

d7613132.jpg

That's the cool thing about these boards, get helpful info making the trip that much better.

My wife is short, but with the beds together I'm afraid the upper bed will be in the way.

Anyone who recently sailed on the Enchantment. did they have the beer bags. You buy the bag full of beer and then you can get a refill at a discounted price.

Absolutely - just saw them during our first week of August sailing. People were carrying them around everywhere.

• 4 months later...

Do interior rooms on enchantment have a mini-fridge? I was going to bring 2 bottles of champagne but it's just me so I won't finish one bottle the same night I open it. Just wondering if it's even worth bringing onboard.

Also, as a gold member, I'm entitled to priority boarding, right? How early should I go to the port?

No fridges in the inside rooms unless they added them after the recent drydock and I'm pretty sure they didn't. Fridges in D1 Balcony and up rooms. And Gold members do not get priority boarding unless staying in a suite.

If you're sailing out of Baltimore I would get to the port around 10:30 or 11 a.m. Boarding usually starts around 11:30 if the ship arrives back in port on time that morning.

Have a great cruise! Love the Enchantment!

Edited by dixieva

Unfortunately, the inside rooms did not have a fridge.

Sorry.

Also do not try to bring any alcohol on board via your suitcase.

I only had a diet coke and an ice tea- well those two suitcases did not make it to my room.

True... If you are going to be bringing you 2 bottles of wine on board, be sure to put them in your carry-on and tell security that you have them in their so as to not slow down the line.

Unfortunately, the inside rooms did not have a fridge.

Sorry.

Also do not try to bring any alcohol on board via your suitcase.

I only had a diet coke and an ice tea- well those two suitcases did not make it to my room.

True... If you are going to be bringing you 2 bottles of wine on board, be sure to put them in your carry-on and tell security that you have them in their so as to not slow down the line.

Thanks for the replies. Ill just keep these babies at home. I can celebrate NYs on dry land when I return. I heard there will be free-flowing champagne on NYE anyway. :D

I just booked SO and myself on the Enchantment for next year. I have enjoyed the Sovereign and the Monarch out of PC. I am excited about trying another class of RCI ships. I can honestly say that I think the ship will be my destination this trip since after this Fall I will have been to Nassau 5 times already.

Same here! But we are taking the kids for their first time, so we will probably do the Pirates museum!

I'm thinking about the Enchantment in October for a girl's cruise. I'm wondering how the new features are; R Bar, Park Cafe, etc. Did the R Bar take over the Champagne Bar? Where is Park Cafe? I was on the EOS in 2007 before the new upgrades.

Thanks!

I'm thinking about the Enchantment in October for a girl's cruise. I'm wondering how the new features are; R Bar, Park Cafe, etc. Did the R Bar take over the Champagne Bar? Where is Park Cafe? I was on the EOS in 2007 before the new upgrades.

Thanks!

yes the R bar is approximately where the Champagne bar was.. but it is VERY nice and a little bigger than the Champagne bar was. also a LOT more stuff happens in the Centrum now so it's a hub of activity.

Park Cafe is in the Solarium, opposite where the Spa is. food options are better than before , in my opinion. also the only place to get late night snacks now( nachos, pizza, etc)