All Things Enchantment of the Seas

Just got back a week ago on the Enchantment.Everything was great. We ate at the regular dining room and the food and service were fabulous.We were on the third deck and were treated like king & queen.

The only downside was the excursion we took in Belieze. The jungle trip was a joke.

We have been on the Legend and the Brilliance prior to this cruise. This was the best service. On the way back to Ft Lauderdale, the captain stopped the ship off Cuba at 1030 pm and rescued 16 Cubans in a 12 foot boat. They had no life jackets and were capsizing. Teddy

Good Morning All,

Can any of you that have cruised EOS 5/night Key West, Cozumel and CocoCay itinerary confirm that the formal night is the second night, which is the day we are in Key West?

Thanks a bunch! Final payment made last week and now we're really, really getting excited! First Cruise ever!! :D

Leslie

Hi all excited about Enchantment,

The excitement has not left us yet and we are back about 5 days. I hope it doesn't leave until our next cruise in 2009. I left a very lengthy review in "enchantment" category on the main page. I forgot to mention the "Cocktail lessons" we took, well worth it and only 9.95/per person. You get 4 "very strong" but delicious cocktails and learn from the experts. On our ship is was not crowded at all and they gave away glasses, those"loving cups" for cordials and free large cocktails. This is held the last day at sea. The cruise director was fun, the skits that you miss are shown on TV, they do a hilarious skit on the elevators just interviewing random people that walk in, it's the best. The only bad thing the entire cruise was the lobster. The sea was soooo calm the last evening that it was like a sheet of glass at sunset. Beautiful video. As soon as we get pics developed, I will post. Still haven't fully unpacked. Keep up the great work RC. We love all Enchantment staff!!!

Good Morning All,

Can any of you that have cruised EOS 5/night Key West, Cozumel and CocoCay itinerary confirm that the formal night is the second night, which is the day we are in Key West?

Thanks a bunch! Final payment made last week and now we're really, really getting excited! First Cruise ever!! :D

Leslie

It was a couple of months ago.

Tanker 4

We did the 5 night in May, Key West, Coz & Belieze & yes formal night was tues the 2nd night.

Really really LOVED the Enchantment, I agree with the poster who said the only way to improve it would be move it to Tampa or PC...:D

It was my 1st time with a solarium & enjoyed that, went to Chops, very nice and my 1st time in the CL... with Julian, oo-la-la-lah!!!!

I will be sailing on her in 8/07 and have read all good things about Chops so I was wondering if anyone has any negatives to say about Chops or is it a fact I need to spend the $20 and go for it! Also, I know everyone recomends to go there to make reservations when you get on the ship so can someone tell me what deck it is on and confirm that you do go directly to the restaurant to make reservations and not guest relations? Thanks!

Can anyone confirm that this inside cabin is in the new section of the ship? Or is it in the older part?

We sailed back to back 7 day cruises on Enchantment back in September 2005 before it was resized. We loved it then and I'm sure we'll love it still when we sail on her 9/24/07.

The food was the best of any RC ship we have ever been on.

We are Diamond members now and are very excited about the lounge.

It was a couple of months ago.

Tanker 4

We did the 5 night in May, Key West, Coz & Belieze & yes formal night was tues the 2nd night.

kc320

Thanks so much to you both!! We want to make reservations at Chops when we board and didn't want to mess up and book formal night. :)

Leslie

cprincess......room 8593 is not in the new section . However it is real close to the Concierge Lounge and the elevators. I would be lost without my Royal Caribbean vacation planner book. I picked it up at a Travel Agency. It has all the floor plans of the ships. We will be sailing right after you in room 8630. I can't wait ! :D

So, what shows are not to be missed?

How about the bungy jumping? Luckily I read some where that socks are required so I made a mental note of that.

DH tried the rock climbing wall on the Majesty last year & really enjoyed it. Hopefully I get up the nerve to try it too.

So, what are some other good to know things about the ship?

I <3 the Enchantment of the Seas.

Enchantment is simply Enchanting.

I was just on the EOS this past week (got home yesterday). It was FABULOUS again. The service was absolutely wonderful, the crew immensely friendly, and the "packing-in" of the passengers just right. Not crowded, but not barren.

My family was very interested in comparing the EOS from how we saw it in 2003 to how it is today, post-expansion and refurbishment.

EOS looks extremely nice post-refurbishment. We were told the My Fair Lady dining room was completely re-done. The addition of another pool and the arches on the top decks was very nice. It really expanded the area and spread out the people.

I desperately wanted to do the bungee-trampoline, but due to wind and bad weather, it was always closed when I was aboard. It was open and active while we were ported in Cozumel, but I was snorkeling in Chankanaab at the time.

The food was superb, as we remember. The addition of Chops was great. We loved our one night there. What was especially nice was the following morning when the Chops manager called us up to ask us how our meal and service was. For a family with deep roots in the customer service side of business, we greatly appreciated that.

Enchantment, overall, simply has amazingly good customer service.

The rock wall, I assume, is the same as on all the other ships in terms of how good it is. I didn't bother with it this cruise since I've experienced it before.

I would definitely cruise on EOS again, despite having experienced two of its 3 Caribbean routes already. I love the Enchantment, and I assure you you'll have a great time, too.

So how is the piano bar on Enchantment? Love spending time in the evenings at the piano bar if it is a fun piano bar...have been on previous cruises where the piano bar scene is one of the hottest spots on the ship and have been to some which were at the complete other end of the spectrum....

Carnival Triumph 10/2001

RCCL AOS 09/2002

RCCL Enchantment 06/2003

Caribbean Princess 10/2005

Celebration 06/2006

RCCL Enchantment 10/2007

So how is the piano bar on Enchantment? Love spending time in the evenings at the piano bar if it is a fun piano bar...have been on previous cruises where the piano bar scene is one of the hottest spots on the ship and have been to some which were at the complete other end of the spectrum....

I believe most all the bars were well attended on EOS a few days ago.

The piano bar was no exception. It looked very nice and it was well attended in the evenings.

I love the ship and the crew. You can see some of my pics from my one of my Enchantment cruises by clicking the link in my signature.

Gina,

What great pics! Makes me want to jump onboard today instead of waiting till my saildate on EOS of Sept 15 '07. What brand camera do you use? My digital Kodak is so hit and miss (or maybe it's just me:rolleyes: ) and I would love to get a really great camera. And now I know what the infamous Julian looks like!

Thanks for sharing!

Hi all excited about Enchantment,

The excitement has not left us yet and we are back about 5 days. I hope it doesn't leave until our next cruise in 2009. I left a very lengthy review in "enchantment" category on the main page. I forgot to mention the "Cocktail lessons" we took, well worth it and only 9.95/per person. You get 4 "very strong" but delicious cocktails and learn from the experts. On our ship is was not crowded at all and they gave away glasses, those"loving cups" for cordials and free large cocktails. This is held the last day at sea.

Hi Mnamey,

are the "cocktail lessons" something you need to rush and sign up for at the beginning of the cruise? It sounds like a blast! Thanks.

cprincess......room 8593 is not in the new section . However it is real close to the Concierge Lounge and the elevators. I would be lost without my Royal Caribbean vacation planner book. I picked it up at a Travel Agency. It has all the floor plans of the ships. We will be sailing right after you in room 8630. I can't wait ! :D

Annie,

Would you know if my cabin 2567 is in the new section? Thanks!

I can post some really nice pics of the Enchantment and various things on it when I get home tomorrow night.

I have a Nikon D200 digital SLR and I've been able to use it lightly before the cruise, but during the cruise I really got to open it up. :) The preview shots look really nice so I'm hoping the RAWS are as fabulous as my previous light-use shots were. Got some really pretty shots of the top decks at night with the new arches (put in with the expansion) lit up in different colors. Lots of other good pics of the ship, too.

I can post some really nice pics of the Enchantment and various things on it when I get home tomorrow night.

I have a Nikon D200 digital SLR and I've been able to use it lightly before the cruise, but during the cruise I really got to open it up. :) The preview shots look really nice so I'm hoping the RAWS are as fabulous as my previous light-use shots were. Got some really pretty shots of the top decks at night with the new arches (put in with the expansion) lit up in different colors. Lots of other good pics of the ship, too.

Penn State,

Thanks for including your camera info. I'm looking forward to your pics. Did your cruise stop at Ocho Rios and G. Caymen? If so, did you do any activities off ship? Thanks!

Really really LOVED the Enchantment, I agree with the poster who said the only way to improve it would be move it to Tampa or PC...:D

It was my 1st time with a solarium & enjoyed that, went to Chops, very nice and my 1st time in the CL... with Julian, oo-la-la-lah!!!!

Julian = HOT HOT HOT :D

Penn State,

Thanks for including your camera info. I'm looking forward to your pics. Did your cruise stop at Ocho Rios and G. Caymen? If so, did you do any activities off ship? Thanks!

Not a problem. :)

And no, this cruise I just took was to Key West and Cozumel.

BUT....

Back in 2003, pre-expansion of the Enchantment, I was on the Georgetown/Ocho Rios cruise on the Enchantment.

In Ocho Rios, we just shopped and wandered around. We didn't do any real "activities." In Georgetown we also shopped (good shopping there) and my father and I went snorkeling with the sting rays at Stingray City off the coast. But we didn't take a cruise-sponsored tour. Our family who'd previously cruised on Enchantment to G-town suggested, to save money, just finding someone in Georgetown to take us there. There are boats who take people out there for a lot less than the cruise tour. Of course, you've got to be worried about less-than-good-hearted people "taking you for a ride," but all we heard was good reviews of the people in Georgetown. I don't know, maybe it's changed since 2003. But we found a guy to take us out there and it was quite the experience. My dad and I had a great time with the Stingrays. They were so docile and they just sucked the food right off your hand like a vaccum.

Interestingly, the guy who took us out there was named "George Bush." lol

I will be sailing on her in 8/07 and have read all good things about Chops so I was wondering if anyone has any negatives to say about Chops or is it a fact I need to spend the $20 and go for it! Also, I know everyone recomends to go there to make reservations when you get on the ship so can someone tell me what deck it is on and confirm that you do go directly to the restaurant to make reservations and not guest relations? Thanks!

Go to Chops on deck 6 port side to make your reservations. Someone will be there very early in the afternoon - possibly as soon as you board - to take your reservation. Do NOT go to guest relations. They will send a reminder card to your room the day before your reservation day. Yes, it is well worth the $20. If you aren't happy with your selection for any reason you can certainly get something else. DH says the wine menu is better than the one in the main dining room.

The only negative is if you don't make your reservation just before sunset with the sunset on your side of the ship. :)

Go to Chops on deck 6 port side to make your reservations. Someone will be there very early in the afternoon - possibly as soon as you board - to take your reservation. Do NOT go to guest relations. They will send a reminder card to your room the day before your reservation day. Yes, it is well worth the $20. If you aren't happy with your selection for any reason you can certainly get something else. DH says the wine menu is better than the one in the main dining room.

The only negative is if you don't make your reservation just before sunset with the sunset on your side of the ship. :)

Yup. We made our reservation as soon as we boared, shortly before 1:00 p.m. Definitely highly recommended, because it fills up fast.

We had the sunset on our side and it was gorgeous, even with the light cloud cover.

The food was amazing, as I said before, and the service we got was phenomenal (especially the call we got the morning after as a follow up).

Gina,

What great pics! Makes me want to jump onboard today instead of waiting till my saildate on EOS of Sept 15 '07. What brand camera do you use? My digital Kodak is so hit and miss (or maybe it's just me:rolleyes: ) and I would love to get a really great camera. And now I know what the infamous Julian looks like!

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks. I don't have any fancy cameras. But I do always take 2 or 3 cameras with me - I'm a camera junkie - and I was looking at cameras again today at Best Buy.

On each of my pictures you can click on the "more information" link and it will tell you which camera I used for each picture. I have 2 Nikons and 1 Sony. My favorite Nikon has a larger lens in a slightly larger style that they don't make anymore. It "only" takes 4 megapixel pictures - plenty for a 4x6 print of monitor viewing, 8.3 optical zoom - model E4800. I love the streamlined Sony I have because it's narrow enough to fit in my formal purse and it takes nice indoor pictures although I always think the outdoor pics aren't bright enough. I love the rechargable lithium battery the Sony has because it seems to last almost forever. My other tiny Nikon is easy to take into ports with no bulk and does a decent job indoors or out. It's like I have a camera for every purpose. Have I justified having so many cameras. :D

I would like a Canon SLR but don't know if I want to hassle with it. I do have 2 compatible lenses for it though since I have a Canon Rebel film camera. I should probably stick with the 3 I have, huh? :o