Coolest Thing You've Seen at Sea

jennbill

The ocean always leaves me in awe of the color and vastness surrounding me. On one particular day aboard the Ecstacy the ocean was nearly as smooth as a billiard table and the ship's wake seemed to reach to the horizon. A real moment of peace and beauty for me.

A John boat full of fleeing cubans!

LOL...not sure if it was the same cruise as you but we also encountered a boatload. The ship we were on actually had to stop and take them on board until we met up with officials (I think Coast Guard) who came and they were transferred to them.

Glaciers are the COOLEST...and dog sledding on top of one is the best!

On a Windjammer Barefoot cruise, I got to take the wheel of the S/V Polynesia as we were on a beam reach for St. Barts. Stayed on the wheel for about an hour. The navigator would come up and give course corrections and using the compass I would bring the ship around to the new heading. Pretty amazing being able to handle the ship while the rest of the passengers enjoyed their day.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1246351406048977403qiVauR

On a Windjammer Barefoot cruise, I got to take the wheel of the S/V Polynesia as we were on a beam reach for St. Barts. Stayed on the wheel for about an hour. The navigator would come up and give course corrections and using the compass I would bring the ship around to the new heading. Pretty amazing being able to handle the ship while the rest of the passengers enjoyed their day.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1246351406048977403qiVauR

Been there done that, but the raising the sails for the 1st time to Amazing Grace, 6 weeks Poly, Mandy & AG. God rest WJBC!

RedRover96

cruise to alaska we sitting out by the pool one night listening to this weird jungle music and all of a sudden looked up and saw these green and purple streaks in the sky. we went running up to the very top of the ship where it was really dark and it was the northern lights. it was awesome.

Lots of heat lightening and water spouts. Seeing the mountains of Cuba brought me close to tears. It was so beautiful.

In GC I stayed on the ship on the Serenity deck. There must have been about 20-30 dolphines playing in the water very close to the ship. They played there a long time. Then we were raided by the pirate boat.

Double rainbow on the first sea day.

Archived