Radiance of the Seas.....Past - Present - Future

Rachel,

Loved your pictures!! Especially the food picture! I wish it was May already!! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks! :D

I am so excited about our May cruise! May 27 does seem so far away ... but time is going by fast. I am occupying myself with all my planning etc to help with the frustration that it is still 8 months away ;) (BTW, Did you already sign up for the M&M? Last time I checked there were still low numbers)

Thank you so much Beach4me, I just enrolled in the Crown & Anchor club, I've been on one RCCL cruise before on the Grandeur. I think I already like the way Radiance sounds better than the Grandeur.

I just have one more question, I've heard people say that in GS #1034 you can hear noise from the solarium when they move chairs around in the morning. Did you find the suite noisy?

Oh, and I can't wait to see your pictures!!

Thank you!

You are most welcome!

Be sure that they gave you credit for your first cruise in the C&A. When you log on, it should recognize you as gold.

Never heard a thing from Solarium. It was the quietest room that I've ever been in. We spent a good deal of time in the cabin at various hours during the day. I didn't hear any noise morning, noon, or night. In fact, I never heard any noise from the neighboring rooms either and I know we were in the room when they were on many ocassions.

I will definitely cruise in this suite again. Wouldn't do 1036 because of the window washing platform - but it didn't impact us or our view at all. In my opinion, you have one great suite booked.

Pictures will be later this week. Keep asking any questions you have. I'll be glad to answer.

You are most welcome!

Be sure that they gave you credit for your first cruise in the C&A. When you log on, it should recognize you as gold.

Never heard a thing from Solarium. It was the quietest room that I've ever been in. We spent a good deal of time in the cabin at various hours during the day. I didn't hear any noise morning, noon, or night. In fact, I never heard any noise from the neighboring rooms either and I know we were in the room when they were on many ocassions.

I will definitely cruise in this suite again. Wouldn't do 1036 because of the window washing platform - but it didn't impact us or our view at all. In my opinion, you have one great suite booked.

Pictures will be later this week. Keep asking any questions you have. I'll be glad to answer.

What kind of furniture did you have on the balcony? Any loungers? Or just chairs?

What kind of furniture did you have on the balcony? Any loungers? Or just chairs?

One lounger, two chairs and a table. They were the new ones with the pads. Very nice! And still plenty of room to move around.

We ate on the balcony one afternoon - just opened the double doors, pulled one of the inside really comfy chairs to the opening (sat inside on it but it was just like being outside with the opening so big), used it and the chairs and table on the balcony and had an enjoyable lunch. Did the same thing with champagne and chocolate covered strawberries one evening. Gotta say that that was even better than lunch. ;)

Charmi

One lounger, two chairs and a table. They were the new ones with the pads. Very nice! And still plenty of room to move around.

We ate on the balcony one afternoon - just opened the double doors, pulled one of the inside really comfy chairs to the opening (sat inside on it but it was just like being outside with the opening so big), used it and the chairs and table on the balcony and had an enjoyable lunch. Did the same thing with champagne and chocolate covered strawberries one evening. Gotta say that that was even better than lunch. ;)

Charmi

Thanks. We'll be in 1060 which has the huge balcony, so I'm not worried about room to move! We are traveling with family and friends though, so I was wondering how many chairs were out there. THANKS!

Based on my recent cruise, the problems have been resolved. I noticed the occasional odor, but in my experience, nothing out of the ordinary. It appeared the re-piping has been completed to the point that no further major work or disruption will be required.

Based on my recent cruise, the problems have been resolved. I noticed the occasional odor, but in my experience, nothing out of the ordinary. It appeared the re-piping has been completed to the point that no further major work or disruption will be required.

Hallelujah and Praise the Lord!!:D

My favorite ship, the Radiance. Instead of the Oasis and Allure, I wish RCI would have expanded on the Radiance class for its new ships. Radiance class are the nicest ships on the seas as far as I am concerned.

Love Radiance class however I do find the internal promenade areas a little claustrophobic. Looking forward to trying out Voyager Class.

Any news on the smell report by many last year? Has this problem been cleared up, pardon the pun.

I was on the same cruise as Mark. I never heard anyone complaining about the smell in their cabins. But, towards the end of the cruise, there was a sewer gas odor in the public restrooms on deck 6. I noticed it the last couple days.

The water in our bathroom also went to a brownish-yellow color around the same time - especially in the late evening/early morning. While I'm sure it was absolutely safe, we opted for a couple bottles of water the last few days.

Our toilet wouldn't flush early one morning but after a quick call to guest relations, they were up and had it fixed within 10 minutes. (Guess they're not too busy at 1:30 a.m.!)

But over all, I have to say that we really didn't experience any bathroom/plumbing problems on this trip. Certainly nothing that caused us any worry or inconvenience.

RCCL has become a little more paranoid regarding liquids in the luggage. I was called to the "naughty room" on the last cruise. :eek: I couldn't figure out why since this is the first time I haven't brought alcohol on board in as long as I can remember.

When I opened the luggage in front of the security guard, I remembered I had purchased a bottle of special BBQ sauce (DW didn't want it mailed home) and it was in the luggage. One of the guards actually questioned the fact that the sauce had Gran Marnier in it (why else would I have bought it) and I graciously offered to pour him a glass if he wanted to drink it. :rolleyes: The other guard said that wasn't necessary and sent me on my way.

Frankly, I thought they might take the sauce and my guess is they would probably take water.

has anyone had water confiscated when trying to bring it in your luggage.?

We sailed on the Radiance out of Seward, Alaska on September 3rd. As we were boarding we asked if we could bring on bottled Pepsi and were told no problem. So, we dropped off some stuff, disembarked, and went to Safeway to pick up an 8 pack of plastic Pepsi bottles. When we returned, they let us go right through with them (still in the Safeway bag).

Seems like they're inconsistent in how they handle the non-alcoholic beverages. Guess it doesn't hurt to ask, if you've got the means to get back to a grocery store... which wasn't hard for us since Seward is such a small place!

We will be on the Radiance in a couple weeks and has anyone had water confiscated when trying to bring it in your luggage.?

It depends on security at the port... I've sailed on Royal Caribbean from Port Canaveral, Port Everglades and Miami with no problems bringing a case of water. I sailed out of Tampa about 5 years ago on carnival and had no issues bringing Liquids aboard either... I'll test Tampa again in 17 days!

It depends on security at the port... I've sailed on Royal Caribbean from Port Canaveral, Port Everglades and Miami with no problems bringing a case of water. I sailed out of Tampa about 5 years ago on carnival and had no issues bringing Liquids aboard either... I'll test Tampa again in 17 days!

We are on the same cruie :).

Just changed my sailing on the Radiance as my son in college wants to go now. Going to lose my balcony as it was a guarantee only available for 2 and not good for the 3 of us. We are having to switch to an outside due to cost. My question for the Radiance experts, are there many chairs on the promenade deck? I loved the promenade deck on the Mariner as it was always easy to find a spot in the shade. I am hoping it is the same situation on the Radiance since we won't have a balcony.

Archived