Radiance of the Seas.....Past - Present - Future

We experience brown water on every ship and every cruise line we've been on. The worst was on Sea Princess.

Well I must be a lucky guy. I have never encountered brown water, and frankly not looking forward to the first experience either.

PLease tell me nobody really uses the water in their bathroom as drinking water!!!??:eek:

I must say that the pictures of the piping inside the ceiling are frightfull.....

Ted

We experience brown water on every ship and every cruise line we've been on. The worst was on Sea Princess.

Well I must be a lucky guy. I have never encountered brown water, and frankly not looking forward to the first experience either.

PLease tell me nobody really uses the water in their bathroom as drinking water!!!??:eek:

I must say that the pictures of the piping inside the ceiling are frightfull.....

Ted

I've been lucky, too, I guess. I don't recall ever experiencing brown water, and among my cruises, I've been on the Radiance 4 times, as well as the Sea Princess.

I always drink the water in the bathroom and have never had a problem. :rolleyes:

Ted

I've been lucky, too, I guess. I don't recall ever experiencing brown water, and among my cruises, I've been on the Radiance 4 times, as well as the Sea Princess.

I always drink the water in the bathroom and have never had a problem. :rolleyes:

The brown water usually happens early in the morning when we first got up and then later in the afternoon. When they change water tanks, the sediment in the tanks and pipes is disturbed which causes the water to turn brown for a short period of time until it is flushed out.

Sometimes it can be very light in color and you won't even notice it. Just put a washcloth in the sink when you first wake up and let the water run. If you see a brown/yellow ring.........then you have brown water coming in your cabin.

I think my worst water experience was when I got up in the middle of the night, got a drink from the tap without looking very closely, and left half the glass on the bedside table... only to realize in the morning that the water was sort of tea-colored. :eek:

We didn't actually plan it that way but so far we have taken five trips on RD (Alaska b2b, Panama/Coastal b2b and one New Years) and always enjoyed ourselves. Yes, not everything went right, but never to the degree that we failed to have an overall positive experience. We're trying to figure out how to get back on to check out the revitalization.......

RAE

They just disembarked yesterday and I think they are now on a land tour.

Well, I can understand that!

I was just hoping there would be some people who got so excited with their cruise that they couldn't wait to share with CC ... but nothing so far.

Oh well, I guess I'll try to be patient :D

Well' date=' I can understand that!

I was just hoping there would be some people who got so excited with their cruise that they couldn't wait to share with CC ... but nothing so far.

Oh well, I guess I'll try to be patient :D[/quote']

I know the feeling, we are boarding her in less than 3 weeks and I am looking forward to some insight from the first passengers.

Ted

I will, as well as the concierge lounge as we are in a GS.

I will report back what I find, possibly "live" if the Wi-Fi is working properly...

Ted

I think we are on the same cruise in a GS....are you leaving the 8th? I can't wait to see all the changes!:)

Thanks Pattin for the info about the points!

I think we are on the same cruise in a GS....are you leaving the 8th? I can't wait to see all the changes!:)

Thanks Pattin for the info about the points!

Yup, leaving on the 8th, we are in 1534 and sailing with friends who are in the cabin next to us. Will probably see you in the concierge lounge:)

We also are doing a 3 day cruise tour after the cruise.

Ted

Yup, leaving on the 8th, we are in 1534 and sailing with friends who are in the cabin next to us. Will probably see you in the concierge lounge:)

We also are doing a 3 day cruise tour after the cruise.

Ted

We are in 1554 and will be doing the cruise tour as well! My DH and I were on this ship in January and loved it so much we booked this one while on board. I have never done as cruise tour so we are excited to see how this turns out. See you in Vancouver!

Well' date=' I can understand that!

Oh well, I guess I'll try to be patient :D[/quote']

Maybe nobody noticed the changes.:p

We are in 1554 and will be doing the cruise tour as well! My DH and I were on this ship in January and loved it so much we booked this one while on board. I have never done as cruise tour so we are excited to see how this turns out. See you in Vancouver!

Just checked the deckplan, 1554 is right on the hump. Nice location.

From the deckplans it appears yours may be slightly bigger.

We booked this one a year ago and are really ready to check out Alaska, as this is our first time cruising up in that area as well as our first time on Radiance.

We booked cruisetour #8, but after reading some reviews on this board that may not have been the best one to pick, but we'll make it a great time anyway.

Can't wait to board the all new Radiance in less than 3 weeks

Ted

We booked this one a year ago and are really ready to check out Alaska, as this is our first time cruising up in that area as well as our first time on Radiance.

We booked cruisetour #8, but after reading some reviews on this board that may not have been the best one to pick, but we'll make it a great time anyway.

Ted

1554 is a tad smaller because of it's being at the beginning of the curved section of the hump. The distance between the bar and the closets is less also by about 8-10 inches.

Ted

We were in 1556 in January and loved that room but it was already booked for this trip. We are on tour #10, we tried to do the land portion first as most people seem to like that first, but all the GS were booked solid. But like you said we will make the best of it! We always have a good time. Can't wait to see the new CL but I will miss it being right across the hall.

We were in 1556 in January and loved that room but it was already booked for this trip. We are on tour #10, we tried to do the land portion first as most people seem to like that first, but all the GS were booked solid. But like you said we will make the best of it! We always have a good time. Can't wait to see the new CL but I will miss it being right across the hall.

Yes eventhough I like all the new changes, the one I dislike is the moving of the CL to deck 13.:( It is always nice to have the CL on Deck 10 when you have a GS. Just leave your room and in a few steps you are in the CL.

Will see how that is going to work out on the Radiance.

Ted

I agree when you would stay in 1554 you could sneak across the hall and be in the CC lounge for coffee without being seen. :)

Moving the CL and adding the DL on Deck 13 will hopefully eliminate those folks that liked to pop in to the lounge in the mornings with their bathrobes on.

[quote name='cruisenfever']Moving the CL and adding the DL on Deck 13 will hopefully eliminate those folks that liked to pop in to the lounge in the mornings with their bathrobes on.[/quote]

Actually that's less offensive to me than what we saw on our last cruise. A [U]very[/U] obese woman (350 lb +) walking around the deck for an hour in a tiny, tiny bikini that barely covered the vital parts (seriously). She was watching the scenery, leaning on the railing, walking around, etc. and wasn't anywhere near the pool area.

Linda (and C. D.)

[quote name='LuckiePuris']Has the first Radiance cruise (after drydock) finished / when will it finish? Looking foward to hearing reviews & photos! :)[/quote]

You don't get get on the internet much I take it! ;) :D

First cruise set sail last Friday and came back yesterday ... still waiting on reports

Still wondering if RCL intends to do the revitalization to the other Radiance ships?

With the first week over I think it is going to take a few weeks until the new operations broken in but I do believe what they did on the Radiance was the right touch and am looking forward to the reviews.

[quote=Oscar_the_Grouch's_Sis;29499665]You don't get get on the internet much I take it! ;) :D

First cruise set sail last Friday and came back yesterday ... still waiting on reports[/quote]

Ooh have I missed something on CC?! Checked this thread and first few pages of RCI boards, but couldnt see any posting of Radiance photos & reviews. Hope we hear something soon :)

Archived