Radiance of the Seas.....Past - Present - Future

[quote name='CroozeAddict']Gina,

It's on the new deck plans.

[URL]http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?deckCode=11&shipCode=RD&shipProfile=1468&sailDate=1120504&hasNavigation=false[/URL][/QUOTE]

I realize that and we all know it's there. :) But as for people who don't follow what's going on with RD, I don't think they'll know. Most new cruisers or even many around here haven't seemed to be able to figure out how to get to the new deck plans without a link being posted.

I think it just sort of goes back to the bad web site design and how difficult it can be to find information. Instead of them saying Rita's can be found on Allure, they should mention all the ships even if it's just adding them one by one as the revitalization take place.

I mean while they were at updating the price..... :confused: Why not?

Gina

[quote name='cruisenfever']The details for [URL="http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/experience/html.do?exCode=991"]Rita's Cantina[/URL] have been changed on the RCI website to reflect the new pricing.

Glad my email got somebody's attention.:)[/quote]

[quote name='mommabean']Do they realize there is no mention of it being available on Radiance? Or can I just not see it?

Gina[/quote]
From the RCI website when doing a search about Rita's Cantina........

[B][URL="http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/class/ship/home.do?br=R&shipClassCode=RD&shipCode=RD"]Radiance of the Seas - [/URL][/B][URL="http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/class/ship/home.do?br=R&shipClassCode=RD&shipCode=RD"] Royal Caribbean Internationa[/URL][B][URL="http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/class/ship/home.do?br=R&shipClassCode=RD&shipCode=RD"]l[/URL][/B] Izumi Asian Cuisine [B]Rita[/B]'s [B]Cantina[/B] Giovanni's Table

[quote name='mommabean']I realize that and we all know it's there. :) But as for people who don't follow what's going on with RD, I don't think they'll know. Most new cruisers or even many around here haven't seemed to be able to figure out how to get to the new deck plans without a link being posted.

I think it just sort of goes back to the bad web site design and how difficult it can be to find information. Instead of them saying Rita's can be found on Allure, they should mention all the ships even if it's just adding them one by one as the revitalization take place.

I mean while they were at updating the price..... :confused: Why not?

Gina[/quote]

Oops ... misinterpreted your post. I agree that their website is awful. The "confirmed" M&M page hasn't been updated in a while now. The last confirmation is for the June 19th sailings.

Regarding Rita's: Food is just okay. But then again, we like REAL Mexican food. Actually, we enjoyed Rita's Fiesta more than the normal meal at Rita's. (Maybe it had something to do with drinking 3 margaritas at the Fiesta. :o)

We could have sworn there was a set price of $7.95 or something of that sort when it first came out, and you could pick anything you wanted from the menu. I agree that I don't see how they're going to do it ala carte.
I just hope the food tastes better than it was.

Thanks Patti and Gina for answering so many questions.

[quote name='Cruising Fool']Regarding Rita's: Food is just okay. But then again, we like REAL Mexican food. Actually, we enjoyed Rita's Fiesta more than the normal meal at Rita's. (Maybe it had something to do with drinking 3 margaritas at the Fiesta. :o)

We could have sworn there was a set price of $7.95 or something of that sort when it first came out, and you could pick anything you wanted from the menu. I agree that I don't see how they're going to do it ala carte.
I just hope the food tastes better than it was.

Thanks Patti and Gina for answering so many questions.[/quote]
Hi Marianne..........when Rita's was first announced as being one of the new dining venues being added to Radiance..........$7.95 was in the details.

After the press release with the new $3.00 cover charge and a la carte menu, I sent an email to Lisa Bauer yesterday morning. She confirmed they had just changed the prices which were reflected in newest the press release........but evidently forgot about the web and appreciated my bringing that to her attention. It has now been changed.

What a nice person she is to talk with. We had several emails back and forth.

Just wanted to say thank you to you all for all this great info! DH and I are on the July 8th sailing and are looking forward to our 2nd Trip on this lovely Lady! If there is any questions I can answer when onboard please let me know. I have one thing to ask, do cruise tour nights go to your C&A points?:confused:

THANKS!

Just wanted to say thank you to you all for all this great info! DH and I are on the July 8th sailing and are looking forward to our 2nd Trip on this lovely Lady! If there is any questions I can answer when onboard please let me know. I have one thing to ask, do cruise tour nights go to your C&A points?:confused:

THANKS!

Yes you will get one point for each night on your cruise tour.

Just an FYI, If you have paid for and are booked in a JS or higher cabin and doing a cruise tour, you will only get double points for the cruise portion and not the land portion.

From the RCI website when doing a search about Rita's Cantina........

Radiance of the Seas - Royal Caribbean International Izumi Asian Cuisine Rita's Cantina Giovanni's Table

But still, I believe each section of the website should list things correctly. People follow different links to get information and each link should take them to the correct information. I think it would have been appropriate to correct the information stating Rita's is available on Allure when they corrected the price. Someone had access to the page. I guess whoever corrected the price has no idea what ships Rita's is on. Maybe their superior should have said simply, "by the way, when you fix the price, go ahead and add Radiance to the ships where Rita's is found". Simple oversights make a website less than informative.

Gina

But still, I believe each section of the website should list things correctly. People follow different links to get information and each link should take them to the correct information. I think it would have been appropriate to correct the information stating Rita's is available on Allure when they corrected the price. Someone had access to the page. I guess whoever corrected the price has no idea what ships Rita's is on. Maybe their superior should have said simply, "by the way, when you fix the price, go ahead and add Radiance to the ships where Rita's is found". Simple oversights make a website less than informative.

Gina

There you go being logical again!;):D

Ah yes, shades of that infamous brochure that stated........."JS have access to the Concierge Lounge"!!

Just an FYI, If you have paid for and are booked in a JS or higher cabin and doing a cruise tour, you will only get double points for the cruise portion and not the land portion.

I never knew this. I probably hadn't thought about it either since I've never planned a cruise tour. But it's interesting to note. I suppose all accommodations are equal on a cruise tour which must be the reason for this. I wonder if the markup for the cruise tour is the same amount extra over the price of the cruise portion of the tour. AS in...$1000 more over the cost of the on board cabin. (really I have no idea how much one costs.)

Gina

I never knew this. I probably hadn't thought about it either since I've never planned a cruise tour. But it's interesting to note. I suppose all accommodations are equal on a cruise tour which must be the reason for this. I wonder if the markup for the cruise tour is the same amount extra over the price of the cruise portion of the tour. AS in...$1000 more over the cost of the on board cabin. (really I have no idea how much one costs.)

Gina

Having never done a pre/post-tour I can't answer you that. But I do think the price varies the the cruise tour as each is different.

I do know that when they were issuing cruise credits if you did a 7 day cruise you got 1 credit......if you did a 5 day land tour with that cruise, then you got 2 credits and if you booked a JS or higher you got 3 credits.

Gina

The RCC web site has to be one of the worst web sites I have ever been on. Everything you do, it takes you to 3 or more pages and usually have to re-log in. I heard that they have recently redesigned it. WOW did they get screwed. I was able to book an excursion on the 2nd to last day of our post cruise tour in Alaska, then found out that it has to be booked on the ship only or if you are returning to the origonal port.

The RCC web site has to be one of the worst web sites I have ever been on. Everything you do, it takes you to 3 or more pages and usually have to re-log in. I heard that they have recently redesigned it. WOW did they get screwed.

What I don't like, and it happens quite often is this: I have researched a certain cruise, I go back and change all search options to something new and what does it send me to? The last cruise I was looking at. It will completely disregard my new entries.

Or I'll log in to look at my upcoming cruises and it takes me to a customer service page or to the last cruise I was looking up....another frequent occurrence.

But that's not really what this thread is about - there's a thread for that, too. :)

Gina

Thanks Patti for that info on the cruisetour points.;) I had no idea they did that. Will be nice as we are on a 3 day cruisetour on our next north bound Alaskan adventure.

Ted

Patti,

Do you know if Mariano, headwaiter on the Radiance is on Facebook?

Are you on Facebook?

Thanks.:)

Sorry Nancy, I don't do Face book.:o

Thanks Patti for that info on the cruisetour points.;) I had no idea they did that. Will be nice as we are on a 3 day cruisetour on our next north bound Alaskan adventure.

Ted

Your welcome Ted. Oh, and enjoy that new Diamond Lounge and say hello to my adopted son Reyno.:)

Ted

Nice to see you'll get the extra credit for the days on your cruisetour. When we did Alaska (before the new points system) and took a tour in combination with the cruise, it didn't give us anything extra over the cruise credit. In fact, we did Alaska twice and didn't receive the "extra" credit.

Linda (and C. D.)

Nice to see you'll get the extra credit for the days on your cruisetour. When we did Alaska (before the new points system) and took a tour in combination with the cruise, it didn't give us anything extra over the cruise credit. In fact, we did Alaska twice and didn't receive the "extra" credit.

Linda (and C. D.)

Back in the days of earning cruise credits you received an extra credit for sailings of 12+ nights or longer including cruisetours.

So, if you did a cruise tour of 5+ days and then added that to your 7 day cruise it gave you 12 days and that's how you earned that extra cruise credit. So, for Alaska you could earn 2 credits and then 3 if you booked a JS or higher cabin category.

Now you're getting points for the number of nights. So your cruise tour doesn't have to be a certain length as you earn one point for each night.

Sorry Nancy, I don't do Face book.:o

Your welcome Ted. Oh, and enjoy that new Diamond Lounge and say hello to my adopted son Reyno.:)

I will, as well as the concierge lounge as we are in a GS.

I will report back what I find, possibly "live" if the Wi-Fi is working properly...

Ted

Back in the days of earning cruise credits you received an extra credit for sailings of 12+ nights or longer including cruisetours.

So, if you did a cruise tour of 5+ days and then added that to your 7 day cruise it gave you 12 days and that's how you earned that extra cruise credit. So, for Alaska you could earn 2 credits and then 3 if you booked a JS or higher cabin category.

Now you're getting points for the number of nights. So your cruise tour doesn't have to be a certain length as you earn one point for each night.

Yes, I knew that was how they figured it. Naturally both our Alaska cruisetours were only 11 days long--1 more day and we could have had that "extra" point! We also did a couple more 11 day cruises and only got the single credit for them,too. So I was very glad when they went to the new system of figuring as we had missed out on several credits for our earlier cruises.

Linda (and C. D.)

For anyone who might be interested, the 'rusty pipes' photo was taken 18 May 2011 - the ceilings were open for installation of cabling to new wi-fi access points and left that way for more than 24 hours.

RAE

For anyone who might be interested, the 'rusty pipes' photo was taken 18 May 2011 - the ceilings were open for installation of cabling to new wi-fi access points and left that way for more than 24 hours.

RAE

Well, that's super gross. :eek: I kept looking up in all the open areas and never saw anything of interest. We were on from April 30 - May 19.

It looks like they missed a few pipes during the pipe replacement process. And I got pictures of them replacing the pipes, too, over the last couple of years. I've taken leak pictures. Carpet replacement pictures. Anytime they are breaking or fixing something I take a picture. But I've never seen anything like what you captured. No wonder water comes out brown sometimes. And people wonder why some of us bring our own bottled water on board.

I have a picture of my bathtub full of brown water once on RD. I turned on the shower not realizing the drain was plugged (in a JS) and went back to find the darkest water I've ever seen. That being said, I've had brown or yellow water on other ships.

Gina

All--

We had the same thing happen that Gina mentioned. We were in a Junior Suite from Valparaiso to San Diego. The first time I filled the tub the water looked like weak tea. I took a shower instead. The next time I tried it, it was fine. I did start drinking bottled water, though...

On the Coastal cruise, at the Captain's Chat, he mentioned that the biggest plumbing problem was now clogs in the toilet lines from "foreign" objects. I believe his chat was on the third day of the cruise and he had had over 30 reports come across his desk of clogs.

Frank in wet and drizzly SBA:cool:

P.S. And, yes, we've had this problem on other ships, too.

Archived