Radiance of the Seas.....Past - Present - Future

It's very nice. There will be competition for the 18 chairs outside when the ship is in Australia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gina--

What outside chairs? I thought the CL was in the old Odyssey? I don't remember any outside space.

Clue me in.

Frank in dark and cool SBA:cool:

Chops manager Edwin is now on Freedom. :(

Oh that is so sad. We were so looking forward to seeing Edwin. He will be missed.

Gina--

What outside chairs? I thought the CL was in the old Odyssey? I don't remember any outside space.

Clue me in.

Frank, the new CL is where the old Hollywood Odyssey used to be and there is a patio that has always been there and was accessible even when the HO was there but it never had tables and chairs. I believe it overlooks the Rock Climbing Wall. Go to post #4991, I think that is a picture of the patio area.

Thank you so much for all your pictures and info - have they added any additional beverages to DL - use to be only Wine, Champagne and soft drinks were included - other options were discounted 25% - is this still they way it is handled?

Thanks again - have a wonderful cruise

Radiance now has a designated DL, located on Deck 13 (right across from the newly located CL) that has the same offerings during the hours of 5-8:30 that you will find in the CL. This new venue replaces the Diamond Event which you have described and which you will find on ships that do not have a designated Diamond Lounge.

There is also a Specialty Coffee Machine in the DL that is available 24/7, unless it is being cleaned.

We checked out the new DL during HH. Steven is super nice. The views are much nicer than the CL. The overflow doors are opened for the first time making it way larger. The Ds will be quite happy in this new area.

I think that some D+ might also enjoy it.:D

Thanks Gina. Great first hand information. Keep it coming.:D Have a wonderful cruise.

For Libby........Juan Diego is on board. Just had an email from him.

Gina gets to do all the FUN stuff, while I am on the longest "shore excursion" of my cruise career:(:(....Just another 8 months and I will be back at sea...where I belong!

Yes, her first hand info is always good!:):)

BILL

Gina--

Clue me in.

Walk out the back door of HO and you're there. They have put up a partition to separate it from the rest of HHS outside deck. Here is the view of the area from inside HO/CL.a6cd8e97-e104-1b94.jpg

I think that some D+ might also enjoy it.:D

That's the truth.

The nice little private forward area of deck space is now suites only. You know the place. Walk forward on deck 12 and go down the stairs to that small area. There is a gate with a sign for gold colored cards only. :( they had it exclusively for Hubbard glacier.

The pictures you've seen don't do the specialty restaurants justice. They are beautiful - much nicer than I expected. But mostly empty.

Except to us, Chef's Table appears more like a lawyer's conference room. Maybe when it's in use it would look differently. I'm just not crazy about the physical access to the new areas.

Giovanni's is wonderful. We ate lunch there yesterday.

a6cd8e97-e2ce-7773.jpg

Thanks Gina. Great first hand information. Keep it coming.:D Have a wonderful cruise.

For Libby........Juan Diego is on board. Just had an email from him.

Did he mention the expected baby sheep in February? That's when he plans to go home. Late January to early March. He is looking forward to seeing you, Sheila - and his father ... Bob. :)

Hi Gina. Thank you for offering to answer questions while you're on vacation! It will be a great help to upcoming Radiance cruisers like myself. Some questions: (1) Are we allowed to bring our own soft drinks and bottled water onboard or is that a no-no? (2) Are you able to check what fitness activities besides yoga and pilates are offered on board? (3) Did you notice many men dressed in a tux for formal nights? (4) Can the waterslide be used by adults with their kids? All for now. Thanking you in advance for your help.

Did he mention the expected baby sheep in February? That's when he plans to go home. Late January to early March. He is looking forward to seeing you, Sheila - and his father ... Bob. :)

He showed us some pics of the sheep on our last Radiance cruise--they are SO different from our sheep; I thought they were goats!!! Juan is certainly proud of them.

Linda (and C. D.)

Gina gets to do all the FUN stuff, while I am on the longest "shore excursion" of my cruise career:(:(....Just another 8 months and I will be back at sea...where I belong!

Yes, her first hand info is always good!:)

BILL

Bill I'm in the same "Boat" ( pun intended ) as you. My shore excursion will have lasted 15 months before we board Radiance in Sydney in March.:(

I'm so glad the sheep are cooperating by arriving in Feb so that their shepherd can return to Radiance in March and spend time with us.:D

Hi Gina. Thank you for offering to answer questions while you're on vacation! It will be a great help to upcoming Radiance cruisers like myself. Some questions: (1) Are we allowed to bring our own soft drinks and bottled water onboard or is that a no-no? (2) Are you able to check what fitness activities besides yoga and pilates are offered on board? (3) Did you notice many men dressed in a tux for formal nights? (4) Can the waterslide be used by adults with their kids? All for now. Thanking you in advance for your help.

We always bring our own water and soda. This cruise was no exception.

The other paid class is spinning. There are free stretching and ab classes. I'll see if there are any more.

There are men in tuxes and suits. Neither are out of place. The Canadian guard was dressed in a fancy red uniform last night. I should have taken a picture.

I think there are height restrictions on the slide. I'll check the posted rules to be sure. It's too cold for pool use right now and there are so few kids on board I haven't seen anything happening up there.

Bill I'm in the same "Boat" ( pun intended ) as you. My shore excursion will have lasted 15 months before we board Radiance in Sydney in March.:(

I sure wish we were in the same boat in March/April, but it is not going to work out. We do need to have one cruise together...it is on my bucket list!!! :rolleyes::D:)

BILL

Can anyone who has been on Radiance and been to the new specialty restaurants confirm if bookings do need to be made in advance, if the specialty restaurants are full every evening, and what are the chances of availability for same day reservations? Are all the specialty restaurants available for lunch and dinner reservations?

Just got off the Radiance northbound. We ate at Samba Grill one night, it was worth the cost but not spectacular. Since your same waiter brings all the meats, you don't get served as quickly as at a normal Brazilian steakhouse where everything is out on the floor at once. But they were pretty good at bringing out more of your favorites once the meal had progressed. It is a nice setting, a good break from MDR.

I heard a secondhand non-glowing report about the sushi place but I don't know the details. No report on the Ritas or the other one (for some reason i thought it was Chops but I guess Giovannis, I don't even know where that was supposed to be located). Rita's is a good place to sit if you are in WJ for breakfast or lunch. Saw the Chef's table from the outside but no report, other than it does look like a conference room :D. I think all these are supper only.

None of the places seemed very busy at all, I don't think you would have a problem booking on the day of your meal. Samba was max 50% occupied any time I saw it. It is just too out of the way on the stern on 12, I doubt 50% of the people on board could locate it (like I can't do with Giovannis). Ritas and the sushi place at least are visible at the back of WJ. Access to Sambas is quite cold if you walk across the deck, they took us through the crew access when leaving which was nice.

Watch and confirm the reservations if they are busy, they seemed a little disorganized and we had several minor glitches when booking and cancelling one night, then rebooking for another. I think calling was the most reliable way to get into their computer. Booking via another restaurant's maitre 'd was allegedly working but did not get communicated to Samba. It was no problem since they were not busy at all.

There is no pilates in Alaska but they will do it in Australia. There is a bootcamp class for $99. It includes 4 group sessions of 30 minutes each burning up to 700 calories a session allegedly.

I still need to get up to the kids pool area.

I sure wish we were in the same boat in March/April, but it is not going to work out. We do need to have one cruise together...it is on my bucket list!!! :rolleyes::D:)

BILL

Bill we've almost made it several times but life got in the way I guess. I'm saving the "Sister Sheila" outfit for our cruise together.;)

There is no pilates in Alaska but they will do it in Australia. There is a bootcamp class for $99. It includes 4 group sessions of 30 minutes each burning up to 700 calories a session allegedly.

I still need to get up to the kids pool area.

Gian how do you get the soft drinks and water on board, didn't think you could.

Bill we've almost made it several times but life got in the way I guess. I'm saving the "Sister Sheila" outfit for our cruise together.;)

Gian how do you get the soft drinks and water on board, didn't think you could.

I think getting the soft drinks and water on board depends on the ship. My son took a case of water onboard the Voyager for his family of 4 (going to the Caribbean). RCL confiscated it and onlyl let him have a very few bottles. Looks like they would have a consistant policy for ALL their ships.

Linda (and C. D.)

Archived