Radiance of the Seas.....Past - Present - Future

Thanks Linda, I can't believe that it is almost time to board thinking back to when we booked these cruises back on April 16, 2010.

We'll be on the same B2B2B with Patti so I guess the two of us can waddle around together in our fat pants!

Linda (and C. D.)

Wishing you both a wonderful adventure!!!

Are you all packed?

Bill--

The answer is yes to both but they are accessed through the spa so if the spa isn't open they are not open.

We are leaving tomorrow for Vancouver and board Radiance on Friday for 28 nights.

Frank in dark and cool SBA:cool:

Thank you very much for your reply. I sure RCL is planning on up-dating other ships in this class.

Where is the Radiance today?

Does anyone have the current itinerary?

Here it is...........

Fri - Vancouver

Sat - Cruising

Sun - Cruising

Mon - Cruising

Tues - Cruising

Wed - Cruising

Thurs - Kailua Kona, Hawaii

Fri - Lahaina, Maui, Hawaii

Sat - Lahaina, Maui, Hawaii

Sun - Kauai, Hawaii

Mon - Honolulu

Tues - Honolulu

Here it is...........

Fri - Vancouver

Sat - Cruising

Sun - Cruising

Mon - Cruising

Tues - Cruising

Wed - Cruising

Thurs - Kailua Kona, Hawaii

Fri - Lahaina, Maui, Hawaii

Sat - Lahaina, Maui, Hawaii

Sun - Kauai, Hawaii

Mon - Honolulu

Tues - Honolulu

Aren't you suppose to be on board? Don't miss the boat. :D

We've taken to calling it the Park West Cafe or else we just can't remember the name.

Today I had the tuna avocado chiabatta and bean salad. I forgot to take a picture before I ate part of it but here it is anyway. You can see how nicely pressed that are doing the sandwiches.

a6cd8d53-31cd-81cf.jpg

Here are some other pics including the daily menu. There are things served that are not on the menu. Maybe because they aren't offered all day. I wish I had time to try the quesadillas.

a6cd8d53-3279-c469.jpga6cd8d53-3296-7068.jpga6cd8d53-32c4-4b23.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this the venue that has the good roast beef sandwich?

I don't see it on the menu so I may be confused; it wouldn't be the first time!!

:confused::D

They were really finishing up some details last week so the ship will be at her best now for the crossing.

Two nights ago time trials were conducted. This was a 4 hour process conducted while we were sleeping. The azipods were run at full speed while traveling in one direction. Then the ship stopped and went in the other direction at full speed. The process was repeated at 75% power. Or so this is how I understood the process.

She passed her tests and runs at top speed of about 28 MPH as she did 10 years ago when she was a new ship.

I never did get around to going by Samba Grill while it was open. I wanted to do that just to see how it looked and how things were going.

Seven days just isn't enough to enjoy all of what the new improved Radiance of the Seas has to offer.

Beresford was to join today but won't be in the CL until Hawaii. Matika was a charming replacement for him in the lounge where she will remain for the cruise until Hawaii.

Of course Juan Diego is full of fun in the CL. Captain Sindre is amazing, informative and extremely outgoing. Today he went home and the equally great Captain Claus joined the ship.

There is a lovely new female staff captain. I can't remember her name as usual. Cynthia maybe....or maybe not.

Check out that pub if you can. It was beautiful but again, we didn't get to spend time there because of the shortness of a one week cruise.

No, we board 9/27 in Honolulu.

Patti....Thanks for the itinerary!!! I too thought you were sailing today. ;)

51 days on the Radiance ans so close to your cruise you must be jumping out of your skin by now!! Have you started packing yet?

OMG, How do you pack for 51 days????????????????????????????????????? :D

Gina....why were they do time trials? And then in an earlier post you said they took out all the live plants and replaced them with fake ones to comply with Australia????? It make no sense to me whatsoever! :eek:

How many days are you on the Radiance?

I am ROFL at your pics on FB!!!!!!!

51 days on the Radiance ans so close to your cruise you must be jumping out of your skin by now!! Have you started packing yet?

Gina....why were they do time trials? And then in an earlier post you said they took out all the live plants and replaced them with fake ones to comply with Australia????? It make no sense to me whatsoever! :eek:

Time trials were performed just to check the function of the new azipods that were installed during drydock.

Live plants can't be brought into another country. They don't want any foreign pests to be brought in that may be living on a plant. Requirements of countries must be complied with including agricultural requirements.

Time trials were performed just to check the function of the new azipods that were installed during drydock.

Live plants can't be brought into another country. They don't want any foreign pests to be brought in that may be living on a plant. Requirements of countries must be complied with including agricultural requirements.

Thanks Gina, the plants thing makes sense! How do the fake ones look?

I found my answer on Trainman's thread:

"Our priority will be the Roast Beef Sandwiches at the Park Grille in Central Park which opens at Noon"

So, they are in the Park Grill, not the Park Cafe. :D

This came from someone who just disembarked Radiance Frequent cruisers thoughts about Radiance renovation

"In the Solarium area is the new Park Café, they have a killer roast beef sandwich among other sandwiches and fresh salads made to order. And a first for any RCCL ship we have been on, potato chips in bags".

I've been packing all week and am just about finished except for dinner clothes which I will fold and pack on Tues/Wednesday. I am packing for 14 days and then wearing things twice/thrice with a little creativity thrown in with mixing and matching.:p My basic colors are black, blue, white and beige and that includes shoes also.

Thanks Gina, the plants thing makes sense! How do the fake ones look?

They look....interesting. Being married to a nurseryman for over 30 years causes bias. lol

I did take pictures but they were with my camera. I'll post pictures later.

Succulents and nasturtiums together are funny. But there are thickly arranged foliage in the solarium that give it an outdoorsy feel. There are topiary hedges by the outside pool.

This came from someone who just disembarked Radiance Frequent cruisers thoughts about Radiance renovation

"In the Solarium area is the new Park Café, they have a killer roast beef sandwich among other sandwiches and fresh salads made to order. And a first for any RCCL ship we have been on, potato chips in bags".

The chips were convenient and a nice addition. We gave a few waiters and some others a lesson in chips. They need to get used to calling them crisps in Australia. A woman the next day wanted her chips....they were listed on the menu, she thought that meant French fries are available daily since that is what chips are to them. I can see a bit of confusion coming at first.

Yes, it's an even bigger issue for Celebrity. Think "Lawn Club!" :eek:

When Rhapsody's visited before, each time we get the plastic flora out. Part of the scenery now, but not as good. I wonder if they recycle all this or just dump both each season.

Really looking forward to my next aboard time on the Radiance myself. Won't be until

8/10/12, however... :(

I am about to book my Alaska flights early for that trip, but had a question on the south bound trip. As to when we disembark in Vancouver, I have a choice of booking a 12:00 noon flight or one at 1:00 PM. Is noon too early? Or will we be sitting around for hours taking the 1:00 flight?

Thanks in advance for your advice! :)

Really looking forward to my next aboard time on the Radiance myself. Won't be until

8/10/12, however... :(

I am about to book my Alaska flights early for that trip, but had a question on the south bound trip. As to when we disembark in Vancouver, I have a choice of booking a 12:00 noon flight or one at 1:00 PM. Is noon too early? Or will we be sitting around for hours taking the 1:00 flight?

Thanks in advance for your advice! :)

You may find this link helpful that I took off the RCI website What is the latest arrival time to reserve a flight before the cruise, or the earliest departure time to reserve a flight after the cruise in order to make port/airport connections on time?

Archived