Radiance of the Seas.....Past - Present - Future

I think getting the soft drinks and water on board depends on the ship. My son took a case of water onboard the Voyager for his family of 4 (going to the Caribbean). RCL confiscated it and onlyl let him have a very few bottles. Looks like they would have a consistant policy for ALL their ships.

Linda (and C. D.)

I've taken water on 40+ cruises with no problem. There is no chance I'm drinking nothing but chlorine water for an entire cruise. Water is known to sometimes come out of the faucet in various off colors. I don't even like the taste of treated drinking water. There is no chance they would stop me from bringing my own water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bill we've almost made it several times but life got in the way I guess. I'm saving the "Sister Sheila" outfit for our cruise together.;)

Gian how do you get the soft drinks and water on board, didn't think you could.

Wherever they fit. In my checked luggage or carry on luggage or a combination. They used to pull it aside for alcohol screening in San Diego only. Once it was verified water it was passed through. They never inspect canned soda. I've walked on sealed 24 packs of water.

The food here could kill me. It's everywhere and SOoooo good.

Park Cafe is a big surprise. So many offerings - breakfast has lots of hot breakfast sandwiches, great yogurt parfaits and a whole lot more. For lunch there are so many options including a salad bar and a HOT lesser Cuban sandwich. Maybe the selections change daily, I don't know.

Izumi was a very pleasant surprise. We had a great meal there with ambiance and excellent service.

WJ is open until 2am with nice options including a create your own pizza that they cook on the spot.

The deck 12 pool deck is being resurfaced in time for the crossing. All pool deck plants inside and out are being tossed out and replaced with nice fakes for Australia law compliance.

I think the ship looks fabulous. Yes there is wear in some places nut nothing out of the ordinary fir any ship. Normal maintenance takes care of that - worn carpet replacement, etc...

I still day the old sofas ate fine. They only look worm in pictures because of the blue tufts on a natural colored background that shows as wear in pics.

The champagne bar has great new upholstery and is more open behind the sofa/loveseats. The same great bartender Gerry is there.

Beresford returns from vacation on Friday for the crossing you lucky people. He'll work the CL of course.

The CL has been so much fun with suite and D+/PC .

More soon.

Park Cafe is a big surprise. So many offerings - breakfast has lots of hot breakfast sandwiches, great yogurt parfaits and a whole lot more. For lunch there are so many options including a salad bar and a HOT lesser Cuban sandwich. Maybe the selections change daily, I don't know.

Izumi was a very pleasant surprise. We had a great meal there with ambiance and excellent service.

WJ is open until 2am with nice options including a create your own pizza that they cook on the spot.

The deck 12 pool deck is being resurfaced in time for the crossing. All pool deck plants inside and out are being tossed out and replaced with nice fakes for Australia law compliance.

I think the ship looks fabulous. Yes there is wear in some places nut nothing out of the ordinary fir any ship. Normal maintenance takes care of that - worn carpet replacement, etc...

I still day the old sofas ate fine. They only look worm in pictures because of the blue tufts on a natural colored background that shows as wear in pics.

The champagne bar has great new upholstery and is more open behind the sofa/loveseats. The same great bartender Gerry is there.

Beresford returns from vacation on Friday for the crossing you lucky people.

He'll work the CL of course.

More soon.

Thanks for the great update!!

Do you know if the Park Cafe is open on embarkation day?? It was on the Oasis

Weather for Friday is good but not tomorrow or Sat. So, great for our sail away and your arrival.

The kids pool info. You must be over the stated height. It says one person at a time. I think that means to wait and not go right away or you may run into someone. 2 at a time can really go since they give directions fir an adult to go with a child. So yes, adults can use the slide.

a6cd8eaf-d2e4-492e.jpg

a6cd8eaf-d2ff-3113.jpg

a6cd8eaf-d31b-83b1.jpg

Has Either of these had a Refurb lately?

Which has the better indoor pool area ( heated pool and heated pool area)?

We have cruised RC, Carnival, and Princess before..

We are also considering Celebrity or HAL for Alaska... But we are familiar with RC and she seems to have a good presence there..

Thanks for any insider info

Thanks for the great update!!

Do you know if the Park Cafe is open on embarkation day?? It was on the Oasis

Weather for Friday is good but not tomorrow or Sat. So, great for our sail away and your arrival.

I have no idea if it's open for embarkation. I had forgotten about it until yesterday.

The doghouse turns my stomach with those big juicy (greasy) things. But there are a lot of choices and the place is a big hit so it works.

I guess we won't get around to trying Samba grill. I'm going to at least try to peek in tonight. I'm feeling so bloated I just can't eat a heavy meal there. Chops has been affected and is always underbooked.

No advance reservations are really needed anywhere although that may change with the new itineraries and the abundant high level cruisers expected.

Yes, there is still the $75 special available for 4 restaurants. If they still offer it in Australia, I'll book it.

We are also considering Celebrity or HAL for Alaska... But we are familiar with RC and she seems to have a good presence there..

Yes, Radiance had a total make over this Spring!

You can read about it on the RCL web site andi am sure in this thread there is lots of chatter and photos.

Having cruised on both ships, my vote is definitely for the Radiance! It was just refurbished this summer and has a lot of nice improvements. We also prefer the Windjammer (buffet) layout--so much better. The Radiance also has flat screen TVs now, a large outdoor movie screen, etc.

Linda (and C. D.)

Radiance came out of drydock in June and even the pools were resurfaced at that time along with everything else that was done. Someone was in the pool yesterday.I have no idea how heated it is. I'll try to remember to put my hand in and find out. People use the hot tubs.

Beresford returns from vacation on Friday for the crossing you lucky people. He'll work the CL of course.

More soon.

Thanks again Gina. Can't wait to try the Park Cafe. :D

Thanks again Gina. Can't wait to try the Park Cafe. :D

We've taken to calling it the Park West Cafe or else we just can't remember the name.

Today I had the tuna avocado chiabatta and bean salad. I forgot to take a picture before I ate part of it but here it is anyway. You can see how nicely pressed that are doing the sandwiches.

a6cd8d53-31cd-81cf.jpg

Here are some other pics including the daily menu. There are things served that are not on the menu. Maybe because they aren't offered all day. I wish I had time to try the quesadillas.

a6cd8d53-3279-c469.jpga6cd8d53-3296-7068.jpga6cd8d53-32c4-4b23.jpg

We've taken to calling it the Park West Cafe or else we just can't remember the name.

Today I had the tuna avocado chiabatta and bean salad. I forgot to take a picture before I ate part of it but here it is anyway. You can see how nicely pressed that are doing the sandwiches.

a6cd8d53-31cd-81cf.jpg

Here are some other pics including the daily menu. There are things served that are not on the menu. Maybe because they aren't offered all day. I wish I had time to try the quesadillas.

a6cd8d53-3279-c469.jpga6cd8d53-3296-7068.jpga6cd8d53-32c4-4b23.jpg

Thanks for posting, Gina. Yum, looks like some good food!

Linda (and C. D.)

OMG.......I can see a real problem developing with all this wonderful new food that is now available on Radiance and we're going to be on board for 51 days!!:eek: I better not forget to pack a pair of "fat" pants. Looks like I just might need them come November 18.

WOW...I didn't realize you will be on the Radiance for 51 days!!! Lucky you!!

If that were me I would need 3 sizes of fat pants, one for every 30 days!!!

Have a wonderful cruise!!!!!!

Thanks Linda, I can't believe that it is almost time to board thinking back to when we booked these cruises back on April 16, 2010.

We'll be on the same B2B2B with Patti so I guess the two of us can waddle around together in our fat pants!

Linda (and C. D.)

Here I am a D+ and never been on the Radiance. So am planning to do so. Question: Can anyone tell me if the Radiance has a Steam and Sauna in the locker rooms????:confused:

Hi, Board, I'll ask the above question again..... Come On, some of you big eaters must have tried to lose a few #'s in the steam, if they have one.:confused:

Bill--

The answer is yes to both but they are accessed through the spa so if the spa isn't open they are not open.

We are leaving tomorrow for Vancouver and board Radiance on Friday for 28 nights.

Frank in dark and cool SBA:cool:

Archived