Radiance of the Seas.....Past - Present - Future

Is there still a section in the viking crown lounge for non suite guests/diamond? I always liked sitting up there at night to grab a drink.

I have never been on radiance class before so the new changes will not bother me since I will have nothing to compare to pre dry dock. I have been on vision class four times and voyager class twice.

I will be on the first leg of the repostioning cruise going to Hawaii from doing the Alaska cruises to doing the Australian cruises.

This will be an 11 night cruise so if anyone has any ideas what the MDR menu schedule is like please share, if not, it's not the end of the world I am still going on a cruise.

Hi, radiance experts. Would you please help me with my balcony pick? No humps or near hump extended, or afts are available to me.

I am thinking of 7032. As I understand it, it is a large balcony, but the divider only comes half way out. we are OK with that, I think, though I could regret it if we have a obnoxious neighbor or a bunch of chain smokers. hey, I'd rather not have an obnoxious neighbor on any deck.

would you select that cabin or a standard side balcony like 1004 or 8028?

thanks

Winnie

Winnie--

Remember that the balconies on Deck 7 look out on the cover over the lifeboats/tenders. You do not look directly down at the ocean. We've never been on 7 but some people have complained about it.

You might also want to check the Deck Plan for 6 to see what you would be above.

Frank in sunny and clear SBA:cool:

Winnie--

Remember that the balconies on Deck 7 look out on the cover over the lifeboats/tenders. You do not look directly down at the ocean. We've never been on 7 but some people have complained about it.

You might also want to check the Deck Plan for 6 to see what you would be above.

Frank in sunny and clear SBA:cool:

7032 is in front of the lifeboat covers Frank. These deck 7 balconies are extended, but with a half rail divider the last few feet. They look straight down at the water. The deck 7 preferred cabins extend forward from 7046 to 7014 port, and 7546 to 7514 starboard. :)

7032 is in front of the lifeboat covers Frank. These deck 7 balconies are extended, but with a half rail divider the last few feet. They look straight down at the water. The deck 7 preferred cabins extend forward from 7046 to 7014 port, and 7546 to 7514 starboard. :)

so 7032 is a decent choice if you don't mind the half dividers?

Decent choice, it is a good size balcony and view. It would be nice if there was more furniture on them, but they are all only equipped with 2 chairs and a small table. (at least on Serenade). :D

There is room to invite friends over to stand around though. :D

We didn't have a problem with the half rail. We were sitting in the chairs which were set back a bit anyway. When we walked up to the railing and neighbors were out, we just said "Hi". :)

EDIT: We were a little further aft than you, and someone mentioned that they heard noise from the theater. We don't go to bed until much later, so it never bothered us.

Decent choice, it is a good size balcony and view. It would be nice if there was more furniture on them, but they are all only equipped with 2 chairs and a small table. (at least on Serenade). :D

There is room to invite friends over to stand around though. :D

We didn't have a problem with the half rail. We were sitting in the chairs which were set back a bit anyway. When we walked up to the railing and neighbors were out, we just said "Hi". :)

EDIT: We were a little further aft than you, and someone mentioned that they heard noise from the theater. We don't go to bed until much later, so it never bothered us.

thank you for the feedback. Deck 7 is a bit confusing and I wanted to be sure I was making a reasonable choice before the other cabin options disappeared. I pictured the same interaction with the neighbors as you describe. we have been close or nearly over the theater on other ships, and it did not disturb us. Hopefully it will be the same on Radiance, although if the opportunity to move a few cabins aft happens to arise, I will do so. Thanks again.

I stand corrected. I was going by the Deck Plan which makes it appear that that extra covered bit extends all the way forward and aft, not just over the lifeboats. That's one of the great things about these boards -- You can always find someone who has "been there"!:D

Frank in cool and calm SBA:cool:

I stand corrected. I was going by the Deck Plan which makes it appear that that extra covered bit extends all the way forward and aft, not just over the lifeboats. That's one of the great things about these boards -- You can always find someone who has "been there"!:D

Frank in cool and calm SBA:cool:

No biggie Frank. Cruise Critic is how we learn about stuff. We didn't know about the Deck 7 forward staterooms either until we gave up 8088 and switched to a balcony guarantee (and $1200 in savings :D). We were assigned one of them. We were pleasantly surprised! :D:):D

EDIT: And we also looked at the ones deck 7 aft.....don't believe the deck plan on those!!!!! They have the roof of the Colony/Safari Club IN FRONT of their extended balcony. It's not the lifeboat covers...but it looks like an ice skating rink! :-(

so 7032 is a decent choice if you don't mind the half dividers?

Having been above the forward deck 7 balconies and looked down, there were rarely people out on their balconies at the same time. Any chance of a smoker being forward of you is no greater than any other cabin. If anything, you might have a better chance of the smoke blowing past you if they are standing by the railing.

If your neighbor is out by the railing on any balcony, you will see them and either choose to speak or not. If they are sitting, they are likely to be behind the partition. I have seen people sitting with their leg extended out beyond the partition.

If I were to choose a room on deck 7, I definitely go for one of the forward cabins with the extended balcony.

The only balconies I've had that were ruined by smokers just forward of us were in junior suites. The only obnoxious neighbors I've had were when we had our first grand suite and they were in the owners suite next door. We heard them right through the connecting door inside the room. :mad:

Gina

Having been above the forward deck 7 balconies and looked down, there were rarely people out on their balconies at the same time. Any chance of a smoker being forward of you is no greater than any other cabin. If anything, you might have a better chance of the smoke blowing past you if they are standing by the railing.

If your neighbor is out by the railing on any balcony, you will see them and either choose to speak or not. Snip

If I were to choose a room on deck 7, I definitely go for one of the forward cabins with the extended balcony.

The only balconies I've had that were ruined by smokers just forward of us were in junior suites. The only obnoxious neighbors I've had were when we had our first grand suite and they were in the owners suite next door. We heard them right through the connecting door inside the room. :mad:

Gina

Thanks Gina.

So far we have also been pretty lucky with neighbors in hotels as well as staterooms. maybe the occasional slightly loud TV and a rare crying baby, but nobody yelling or fighting or such. Only had a lot of smoke on a balcony once. The couple next-door and two friends were all heavy smokers and heavy chatters. I assume they got the balcony to use for that purpose. Of course that is allowed so I said nothing. I did not get to use the balcony as much as I might have otherwise. I suppose it could happen again, and you may be right, the half divider may help more than hurt. I never thought of it that way. unless some fabulous cabin opens up, I will probably keep 7034. I appreciate the input.

Winnie

All--

After some prodding, a big price drop and some outright bribery we have booked the YVR-HNL segment in September as a B2B with our previously booked HNL-SYD cruise.

Thanks to all the great information posted here we have chosen an E2 cabin, 7534 that should have the larger balcony and not have too much noise from the theatre below.

Special thanks to Patti for starting this thread and for providing the link to this discussion!:D

Mahalo nui loa,

Frank in sunny and warm SBA:cool:

Just thought that those of you who know and have cruised with Georgina Couto would like to know that she is expecting a baby girl in November of this year.:)

In her email she said the baby would be Mexigland because the father is from England! Got to love Georgina's sense of humor.

She was hoping to be back on Radiance for August.

:) I wouldn't call it spilling the beans since she is almost, if not 5 months pregnant and from the pictures I got of her belly, it's pretty evident!! LOL :)

Spilling the beans is just a figure of speech as you know for the first one to release the info. Some of us, not just me, have been holding back. :)

I've been biting my tongue for 4 months since I didn't think it was my place to tell. ;)

For her friends here who haven't been able to view her power point presentation and are running a PC, you are probably running a version of Office prior to 2007. There is a simple compatibility update at the microsoft sight that will allow the viewing of all the pictures. I'm sure there are a few here who are wondering why it won't open. No computer restart is required after the update. Just be sure to install all critical updates prior to the compatibility update.

Gina

I for one am glad the beans are spilled. I've been sitting on this for a while waiting for Georgina to make her announcement. :D She is so happy. I'm not spilling baby names.;)

Oh come on...you go first this time. You are always holding back. :D

Gina

Archived