Radiance of the Seas.....Past - Present - Future

RCI shows one cruise for RD in 2013 - May from Hawaii to Vancouver and it's priced. There is nothing showing for the prior 7 months. RCI is so weird sometimes. Why list that one if the others aren't ready?

Gina

Maybe they arnt sure if she is going down under winter 2012

Maybe she will go back to San Diego:D

Maybe they arnt sure if she is going down under winter 2012

Maybe she will go back to San Diego:D

Yea, I was sort of hoping that Radiance and Voyager are fighting it out for Australia. Voyager wins and Radiance gets the heck back to San Diego where she belongs - in that beautiful new terminal they built for her. :)

She can winter in CA, take a little trip to Hawaii and then continue on to Vancouver for her usual summer. That is just fine with me. I'll happily book a few SWA flights to do the Mexican Riviera again - or maybe rotate it with some Pacific northwest cruises and we'll do some B2Bs, too.

Gina

Yea, I was sort of hoping that Radiance and Voyager are fighting it out for Australia. Voyager wins and Radiance gets the heck back to San Diego where she belongs - in that beautiful new terminal they built for her. :)

She can winter in CA, take a little trip to Hawaii and then continue on to Vancouver for her usual summer. That is just fine with me. I'll happily book a few SWA flights to do the Mexican Riviera again - or maybe rotate it with some Pacific northwest cruises and we'll do some B2Bs, too.

Gina

That all sounds so great, Gina! I just drove by the new terminal on the fourth of July and thought the same thing! I really like your itinerary planning as well! ;)

RCI shows one cruise for RD in 2013 - May from Hawaii to Vancouver and it's priced. There is nothing showing for the prior 7 months. RCI is so weird sometimes. Why list that one if the others aren't ready?

Gina

Gina, where did you see that? I can't seem to find it. All that comes up are 4 itineraries on either Oasis or Allure.

Gina

Don't know and don't care, lol. Just snagged our most favorite GS of all times, 1060! What a great way for me to say happy 20th anniversary to my wonderful DH.

Gina, where did you see that? I can't seem to find it. All that comes up are 4 itineraries on either Oasis or Allure.

It's on the RCCL website now Patti, just booked:)

I just looked (I went to the Calendar of cruises and saw the Hawaii itinerary was populated) and could get 1100 (corner aft JS) but will pass. We have a Celebrity Suite (just a little bit larger than a GS) on the Solstice for the same time frame for about $1,500 less for the two of us. Since we are doing a b2b from Sydney, I suspect the prices for that leg will also be higher.

I would really prefer to go to Vancouver, but not for more money in a comparable (or slightly smaller) cabin. In my opinion, RCL has overpriced this cruise.

It's on the RCCL website now Patti, just booked:)

Thank you. I see it now, but it wasn't there last night when I looked.:eek:

Jim has the RCI app for his ITouch and he looked up Radiance when I couldn't find it and the seven missing months which would be the end of her Alaska season in 2012 and then her trip back over to Australia for the 2012-2013 season are showing including the Vancouver to Hawaii trip. There are itineraries and some pricing.

Oh well I guess she will be down under not San Diego:( they just released this

1122_th.jpg

Royal Caribbean Int.-Radiance of the Seas

Sydney, Picton, Wellington, Crossing the International Dateline, Papeete/Polynesia, Moorea, Bora Bora, Lahaina, Honolulu

1 departure date: Apr 19 2013

Does anyone know if there are still lounge chairs on the D Aft balconies?

There used to be but one of the CC threads was mentioning RCL was not putting/allowing? them now due to a new rule.....

Thanks!!

For those interested, here is what is showing on the RCI app that my husband has on his iTouch for Fall of 2012 into Spring of 2013. Many of what is listed below are similar if not the same sailings that can be found in the 2011/2012 itineraries.

Remember that itineraries are subject to change without notice. :)

Radiance 2012

9/24......17 night Honolulu to Sydney

10/12....16 night Sydney to Fremantle (Perth)

10/28....18 night Fremantle (Perth) to Sydney including NZ

11/15......2 night Sydney to Sydney cruise to no where

11/17....14 night Sydney-NZ-Sydney

12/1......11 night Sydney-Islands-Sydney

12/12......8 night Sydney-Islands-Sydney

12/20.....10 night Sydney-Cairnes-Sydney

12/30.....10 night Sydney-Islands-Sydney

Radiance 2013

1/9........12 night Sydney-Islands-Sydney

1/21......14 night Sydney-NZ-Sydney

2/4........11 night Sydney-Islands-Sydney

2/15........5 night Sydney-Brisbane-Sydney

2/20.......14 night Sydney-NZ-Sydney

3/6........16 night Sydney to Fremantle (Perth)

3/22.......18 night Fremantle (Perth) to Sydney including NZ

4/9..........10 night Sydney-Cairns-Sydney

4/19........18 night Sydney to Honolulu

5/6.........11 night Honolulu to Vancouver

Does anyone know if there are still lounge chairs on the D Aft balconies?

There used to be but one of the CC threads was mentioning RCL was not putting/allowing? them now due to a new rule.....

Thanks!!

There were on our cruise June 17-24. The furniture on our balcony (8670) appeared to be new.

Anne

There were on our cruise June 17-24. The furniture on our balcony (8670) appeared to be new.

Anne

Yes thanks, they did change the balcony furniture after Dry Dock, to mesh chairs and higher bigger tables.

We are wondering about the D2 Aft cabins and if they still had the lounge chairs too like we have had on other RCL ships.

Have a great weekend!!!:)

I just received this email from Reyno and I wanted to share it with all you Radiance lovers........

Good evening all my RCI and CC family members...

I thought it appropriate to write or better put, open a bit of my diary (and please share with all others) on the first day of my last cruise from on board this magnificently revamped vessel called the Radiance before returning to the EN.

As many of you know that the Radiance was my first ship to work on.

Now let me tell you that your first ship is like an first love, its the "first time" experiences that you will always remember while on and off a ship. The first boat drill, the first boss, the first guest interaction, the first foreign port you sail into and off course the first ship family you make, guest or crew.....

Over the past weeks that I have been on the Radiance I have had so many emails filled with questions from so many many RCI friends about the changes and progress of the RD. I did try and answer as many as I could and for those I could not get to, remember I was father of a brand new "baby" the Diamond Lounge... and although not as demanding as opening the Oasis, this smaller sister lounge still asked for much attention nevertheless.

I am happy to say that "she" the All New Diamond Lounge on the All New Radiance is open, up and running and hungry to welcome our loyal friends....with a FANTASTIC VIEW to support her.

As for the rest of the ship, culinary spoken, the Radiance now come from the shadow of the Oasis and offer many splendid restaurants of which I cannot decide on a favourite...still. I have tried so many of them already on the Oasis, but it is clear that with our F&B team on the Radiance, who is well oiled and working with "German" precision that you will suffer from the same dilemma as me... not being able to identify a favourite.

Note to all future Radiance Cruisers: COME HUNGRY.

Samba will through you straight into Brazil with a wicked Caipirinha to add to the South American flavor, Chops still the best stake on the seven Seas and Giovanni's which is good for everything they serve... widest selection and all of it on the menu cooked to perfection. Also take note that there is Izumi that will blow your Asian gastronomical expectations and Ritas.... Mamma Magnifico Mexico!!

Last but not least, I need to let you all know the biggest surprise I did experience was the Chefs Table, having experienced it on the Oasis I did not really know what to expect on a smaller class ship....well I now am a strong believer that bigger is NOT necessarily better...as with the Oasis, it was something from another world, food, wine and service mixed into a sublime culinary experience not to be forgotten.

There is many other great enhancements to my "mother" ship like the interactive TV system that's just saved you from leaving your stateroom ever for anything from room service to excursions and digital signage around every corner that will bedazzle you with Oasis class technology.

As I am now standing at the start of my last cruise on our All New Radiance, it gives me great joy to announce that an Star is Reborn!!!

What I would have give to be on her in Australia, as we welcome or RCI brothers and sisters from Down Under.

Keeping in mind that the Radiance is not revered to as the friendliest ship for nothing, so please assure those who has booked and those who are thinking to do so to go ahead as this is again prove of RCI pushing the envelope to the next leading level in the cruise industry.

Much love from Alaska.

Reyno Varkevisser

Concierge

Oh well I guess she will be down under not San Diego:( they just released this

1122_th.jpg

Royal Caribbean Int.-Radiance of the Seas

Sydney, Picton, Wellington, Crossing the International Dateline, Papeete/Polynesia, Moorea, Bora Bora, Lahaina, Honolulu

1 departure date: Apr 19 2013

I can not find that, can it be booked yet?

We were just wondering about the Radiance transpacific April 2013. Sounds interesting. Will the ship continue to Vancouver as in years past? Got to keep this one in mind

pah

Itinerary Name: 11 Night Hawaii Cruise

Ship: Radiance of the Seas®

Departs: 06 May, 2013

Ports of Call: Honolulu (Oahu), Hawaii; Nawiliwili (Kauai), Hawaii; Lahaina

(Maui), Hawaii; Lahaina (Maui), Hawaii; Mount Kilauea, Evening Sail; Kailua

Kona, Hawaii; Hilo, Hawaii; Vancouver, British Columbia

This is the one we booked along w/family and friends in 3 other cabins! Crazy though, comes and goes off RCCL website. I just called and did everything thru D+ desk:)

As I am now standing at the start of my last cruise on our All New Radiance, it gives me great joy to announce that an Star is Reborn!!!

What I would have give to be on her in Australia, as we welcome or RCI brothers and sisters from Down Under.

Reyno Varkevisser

Concierge

I didn't know Reyno was leaving the Radiance. Patti, do you know where he's going?

Garry

I didn't know Reyno was leaving the Radiance. Patti, do you know where he's going?

Garry

Hi Garry, Reyno is returning to the CL on Enchantment. He has been there since November of 2010 and has done a wonderful job with the CL. He was just brought on the Radiance to get the new DL up and running and train someone. I guess Clunis, the Hotel Director, wanted the best of the best to start it up since he knew Reyno from when he first started.

I'm sad that he isn't going to have a permanent position on Radiance, but am glad he is returning to a ship that we can drive to get to any time we want.:)

Hi Garry, Reyno is returning to the CL on Enchantment. He has been there since November of 2010 and has done a wonderful job with the CL. He was just brought on the Radiance to get the new DL up and running and train someone. I guess Clunis, the Hotel Director, wanted the best of the best to start it up since he knew Reyno from when he first started.

I'm sad that he isn't going to have a permanent position on Radiance, but am glad he is returning to a ship that we can drive to get to any time we want.:)

We never met Reyno, he sounds just wonderful. ;)

Who will taking his place in the DL?

Archived