Chance of getting on farewell voyages

QE2 fan

Can't you get Miriam to book? I get the feeling she's more likely to announce "it's only money!".......:D

Much as Miriam and I are good friends...the thought of us together in an M4 is not to be contemplated without an overwhelming sense of claustrophobia.....:eek:

Peter

We booked the QM2, 16th October, direct with Cunard and then transferred the booking back to our agent up here, who gave us a further discount. I will do the same with my next booking too. Agents are the ones putting prices up, NOT Cunard. If you are silly enough to book with a gouging agent then that is your look out and there is no pre-registration again that is a t/a gouging trick. Just go direct to the cruiseline and find out.

We booked the QM2, 16th October, direct with Cunard and then transferred the booking back to our agent up here, who gave us a further discount.

Will Cunard let you transfer a direct booking back to your agent? I know they credit your travel agent when you do an onboard booking, but I never considered it as a possibility under other circumstances. I assumed direct booking was a way for the cruise line to cut out travel agents. The only thing I book through an agent is a cruise because my agent is fabulous and has been able to get us good discounts and/or upgrades in the past.

Will Cunard let you transfer a direct booking back to your agent? I know they credit your travel agent when you do an onboard booking, but I never considered it as a possibility under other circumstances. I assumed direct booking was a way for the cruise line to cut out travel agents. The only thing I book through an agent is a cruise because my agent is fabulous and has been able to get us good discounts and/or upgrades in the past.

Yes

And no admin feee in the US that I've ever been aware of or charged!

Bear in mind rules are different US and UK.

You have to release the booking to the agent. (give your permission)

Agent can always opt to rebate some of their commission, but to tell you the truth, that's not usually very much. Not all of fare is commisionable to begin with, so unless you're in the really high numbers, they can't rebate much. If an agency has group fares they had already arranged, they may have gotten a good price. (volume) but they may think about recalling group space if things really start to sell briskly.

Karie

Received a letter from Cunard on Friday listing the 'New Autumn Voyages 2008'.

British Isles Voyage (E817N) 30th September from £1,299

West Bound TA (E818N) 10th October from £899 (incl flight)

East Bound TA (E818P) 16th October from £899 (incl flight)

Voyage to Dubai (E821) 11th November from £2,799 (incl flight)

One, two and three night hotel stays in Dubai are also available to be booked as part of the package.

New voyages on sale beginning 2:00pm (British Summer Time) 27th June 2007.

All Cunard World Club members save an additional %5 on the fares featured here.

The letter says that anyone booked on the defunct E817 and E818 will be contacted before the 'new' voyages go on sale.

Jo

I am very pleased with the final six cruises i have booked on the QE2-

"40th Anniversary Cruise" - September 07

"Two Night Cruise " - October 07

"Tandem Crossing with QV" -January 08

" Mediterranian Cruise- May 08

" Iceland and Norway" - July 08

" Five night Cruise" - October 08

The last three i booked onboard on the day of the news.

regards,

Gavin :cool:

Have to agree with paul, we booked the 22nd october 2008 five day cruise and got a really good price from our agent and the cabin we wanted! We didnt want to do the very final voyage,plus with all the interest thats been generated I think we would have struggled to get a cabin and a decent price.

Received a letter from Cunard on Friday listing the 'New Autumn Voyages 2008'.

British Isles Voyage (E817N) 30th September from £1,299

West Bound TA (E818N) 10th October from £899 (incl flight)

East Bound TA (E818P) 16th October from £899 (incl flight)

Voyage to Dubai (E821) 11th November from £2,799 (incl flight)

One, two and three night hotel stays in Dubai are also available to be booked as part of the package.

New voyages on sale beginning 2:00pm (British Summer Time) 27th June 2007.

All Cunard World Club members save an additional %5 on the fares featured here.

The letter says that anyone booked on the defunct E817 and E818 will be contacted before the 'new' voyages go on sale.

Jo

Today's mail in the US, (addressed only to MARC of course! <ggrrrr>!)

Prices are starting at. In USD.

Farewell to British Isles:

M6 INS $2455 ESB $2332 World club

M2 OUT $2965 ESB $2817 WC

C5 OUT $3365 ESB $3197 WC

P3 Prin $4725 ESB $4489 WC

Q4 Que $5695 ESB $5410 WC

Final NY

M6 1175 ESB/1116 WC

M2 1745 ESB/1658 WC

C5 1935 ESB/1838 WC

P3 3065 ESB/2912 WC

Q4 4395 ESB/4175 WC

Farewell to America

M6 1065/1012

M2 1625/1553

C5 1825/1734

P3 2955/2807

Q4 4295/4080

Voyage to Dubai not listed for us.

So the prices are pretty close depending on the exact exchange rate.

Sorry I got lazy with the 2nd and thirs listing, but you get the pattern!

Karie,

who won't be going on any of these, but is glad she has the April double crossing booked!

BTW, also got a brochure for QM2 (balcony upgrades, same promo already going on) "Sail the World's Grandest Ship for an Adventure Unlike Any Other.

I felt, WOW! How soon we forget!` No mention of the Lizzie OR the Vicky

BTW, I just turned the listings page over, and realized the Autumn Getaway the Mediterranean Odyssey and the Final Voyage are all listed on the back. I'd be happy to post the listed prices if anyone wants. them. The crossings mentioned nothing about air.

And (Shhh!) now that the Brits are asleep, I have a secret.

The letter was written and addressed as "Dear Cunarder" Do you think she was talking to a ship? Or do you think some of these people who ABSOLUTELY know the definition of (I imagine it's in the OED) and have taken others to task and belittled them publicly on these very boards for having made such a stupid mistake for using the term incorrectly, could possibly, just possibly be wrong? I mean, who made up the definition of this coined word to begin with? Whose opinion was it as to the ONE TRUE definition?

Nah! They'll claim Carol Marlow, President and Managing Director of Cunard is stupid, ignorant, and disconnected from the line she represents.

Any bets out there?

Karie,

who is glad this was addressed to Marc, I don't want her thinking I'm a ship. People already think I am uglier than a tug and bigger than a battleship! <LOL>

And (Shhh!) now that the Brits are asleep,

Morning!!! We're awake now!!!!!

I have a secret.

The letter was written and addressed as "Dear Cunarder"

Mine was written 'Dear Mrs ......'. They still won't email me though, they only email hubby (though no emails recently...).

If anyone wants more UK price info from my letter, let me know....

Toffeegirl ( I take it you support some blue team or other, scousers never had taste!:p ) you can sign up for emails on cunard.co.uk I get them twice now.

They also addressed ours to Mr and Mrs.

Not long to wait and hear now!

Toffeegirl ( I take it you support some blue team or other, scousers never had taste!:p ) you can sign up for emails on cunard.co.uk I get them twice now.

They also addressed ours to Mr and Mrs.

Not long to wait and hear now!

So that's where my email is going!!

I have had email correspondance with Cunard about putting me on the email list. They have confimed my email address (by email!!), confirmed that I would like to receive emails (by email!!), but still don't send me (other) emails. Not that have either the time nor the money to go on another trip what with my ever expanding rugby world cup commitments (no final tickets yet though). See where marriage gets you? - going to the wrong world cup!! But that doesn't mean that Cunard shouldn't talk to me!

Wave to my godmother when the QE2 gets to Liverpool - she lives in the Albert Dock. We sat at her window and watched all the tender boats going backward and forward a couple of years ago.... I guess now that this will be as close as I'll ever get....

Jo

We booked our next cruise when we were onboard qe2 and were advised by the girl that took the booking, that cunard would send the details onto our travel agent who would also give us further discount, and if they didnt just shop around till someone did. Luckily for us she was right and out agent gave us a further 10% off.

A friend sailing today on QM2's westbound transatlantic has said that a notice was distributed to all cabins stating that any passengers wishing to book QE2 must call the cruise sales office between 5pm and 7pm to make an appointment, otherwise forget it.

Well, we ended up asking our cruise agent to try and book us a cabin on the EB ta. I am in a meeting with HSBC and Lexxity is working this afternoon. Unfortunately, it meant that neither of us could man a phone.

We will know in 3 and a bit hours whether we have been successful! We have asked for anything in the M2 to C1 grade. Cannot afford any more than that with the QM2 crossing as well!

Just had a call from my travel agent saying that they have been given a statement by Cunard saying that all farewell voyages are oversubscribed by over 5x and asking what flexibility we had in terms of cabins / prices.

Sounds like it could be an interesting one...:eek:

Just had a call from my travel agent saying that they have been given a statement by Cunard saying that all farewell voyages are oversubscribed by over 5x and asking what flexibility we had in terms of cabins / prices.

How can something be oversubscribed that (supposedly) hasn't been placed on sale yet?

Archived