Slideshow Mercury Alaska

Chat Noir

Hey ya'll :) ... If anyone would like to come visit my slideshow of our May 18-25 Mercury cruise, it's short but sweet(?), and I had tons of fun making it. Hope you enjoy it as well. It's just a mix of scenery and fun. I did get permission to post tablemates photos!!! :) If you were sailing the Serenade of the Seas that week, I have a great photo of your ship.

Seeing that Hubbard has been a hot topic here lately, my photos of Hubbard... in the distance...;) with lotsa' icepack, are about mid-way through.

I have been dying without a computer. I'm glad to see Nancy is home safe and sound... and look forward to the review. I got my new computer just in time!

I must say, after 3 cruises and 8 night RV tour, I still think Tracy Arm via small boat is my favorite area. Everywhere is fabulous in Alaska, but something about that place just gives me goosebumps. I think it is the icebergs... I still have not seen any comparable at the other glaciers, though other glaciers themselves are much more spectacular than the Sawyers. I have links to those photos posted, but am thinkin' of makin' more slide shows...

If you choose to visit my page, ENJOY!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=203520485&MyToken=d20b3478-8838-48e3-a96e-5c2b29bc098a

Have a great day.:)

We are going on Mercury Aug 24th - your slideshow is lovely - thanks for sharing it.

Did you enjoy boat and anything particular you would recommend on board?

Were you able to bring a few bottles of wine on board?

Tracy Arms - where do the small boats sail from? (am too tired tonight to research same!!!! so am taking the lazys mans way) and what excursion would you recommend to there?

thanks smy1966

Looks like you put a lot of work into your slide show, and I think it is great! We will be in Alaska next Friday, and I am so excited I am having a hard time containing myself!

Thanks for sharing.....:D :D Can't wait to see it all with my own two eyes!

Glad you all enjoyed it...:) and it's as much for my fun as anything. Kinda' scrapbooking without the scissors and paste. And much easier to share with friends and family who are considering an Alaskan cruise themselves.

My favorite spot on the ship was the Navigator's Club, front and center. Some of the floor to ceiling windows are 'frosty' looking... wish they'd fix that, otherwise, it's a wonderful place for viewing the scenery. I also like to be up and outside on the deck right above the Navigator's Club. Except for the glacier sailing, there were few people here.

I like the Mercury. It seemed much less crowded on the lido deck than any of the other ships we've been on. Never had to hunt for seating, and nearly all table areas had fantastic views of outside. Great 'bay style' windows. Ice cream was offered until 10pm, and we went several evenings for a bowl, then just sit and watch the beautiful scenery... very few people around.

I don't know about wine... we only had the occasional mixed drink.

Tracy Arm is available at Juneau. There are scheduled daily excursions through AdventureBound, the only one we've gone with. I have read here that they now operate (own?) GoldBelt's Tracy Arm excursions, also. I can and do highly recommend AdventureBound. You must have a full day in port for the scheduled excursions.

There are also numerous charters available which might be more conducive to your port time??? They will work with you. Some folks on here might have ideas on good Tracy Arm charters. One in particular I have been in contact with sounds to have some great options.

I hope you all have the adventure of a lifetime. Alaska is spectacular...

We are going on Mercury Aug 24th

Ciara, We will be on the Mercury too. Can't wait to see the scenery for real. We live next to the Cascade Mountains so it will be similar but the Glaciers next to the water is so different from our glaciers. Can't wait. Been on Mercury only once before. Candi

Hey ya'll :) ... If anyone would like to come visit my slideshow of our May 18-25 Mercury cruise, it's short but sweet(?), and I had tons of fun making it. Hope you enjoy it as well. It's just a mix of scenery and fun. I did get permission to post tablemates photos!!! :) If you were sailing the Serenade of the Seas that week, I have a great photo of your ship.

Seeing that Hubbard has been a hot topic here lately, my photos of Hubbard... in the distance...;) with lotsa' icepack, are about mid-way through.

I have been dying without a computer. I'm glad to see Nancy is home safe and sound... and look forward to the review. I got my new computer just in time!

I must say, after 3 cruises and 8 night RV tour, I still think Tracy Arm via small boat is my favorite area. Everywhere is fabulous in Alaska, but something about that place just gives me goosebumps. I think it is the icebergs... I still have not seen any comparable at the other glaciers, though other glaciers themselves are much more spectacular than the Sawyers. I have links to those photos posted, but am thinkin' of makin' more slide shows...

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=203520485&MyToken=d20b3478-8838-48e3-a96e-5c2b29bc098a

GREAT pics & slide show..love the way they take the pics & make them seem to be video. Thanks for sharing..can't wait til Sept--although we will be back on the Mercury in Jan--love that ship..:D

Glad you all enjoyed it. I wish now that I had taken my (larger) better camera, but this year was pretty much a cruise to relax, first Alaskan cruise with just DH and me... so I didn't. I can sure tell a difference in picture quality.:rolleyes:

That is the fun thing about slideshows. They do give the illusion of video, and makes some photos almost feel like you're sailing...

Hope you all have as great a trip as we did.:)

:)

Pleae do more slide shows!

We can tell who the photographer is in the family - There were very few pictures of you - but lots of hubby!!

Also interesting is the age group of your tablemates.....looks like Celebrity managed to sort of place you by age - is that correct???

• 3 weeks later...

I decided tonight to look for this post - I forgot to save it at the time - it was on page 12!! then saw it was from yourself Sym and realised I had already asked you some questions - lovely slideshow - deserves to be seen again - songs from Johnny Horton are brillant - must try to get the CD - is it available?

:) It was so buried I didn't know it had several more posts to it! Thank you all for sharing that you enjoyed it... it was lots of fun to make!

Johnny Horton music is available by CD :) , and I liked his music long before I ever dreamed of visiting Alaska. There are several 'greatest hits' type CDs of him. Individual songs are also downloadable from several .com music websites. When you're home from your cruise, share your photos??? I look forward to seeing them!

Seating at our table ranged from 21 - 48 years old, and we had SO much fun! Celebrity gets 5 stars for their seating plan!!! This cruise had more younger adults than I've seen on previous Alaska cruises, especially odd since it was a May cruise. My DH noticed this also.

As for being Okie... when you're stuck with only the Glass (Gloss) Mountains (I'm live about an hour from you), you gotta take pictures of the real thing when you have the chance!!!:) Hope you enjoy the Mercury as much as we did... I'd sail her again anytime. Oh... lucky you, I see you are on the Coral in a couple of weeks! Away from this Oklahoma heat...

Archived