Live from Galaxy

tom_uk

Thanks for the blog post! Wife and I are leaving in July for this trip and so far doing the same excursion of Taormina on our own. Looks like we are going to ge Hot, Hot, Hot :) .

Once again thanks, and if you get a chance to say you'd do anything differently on each excursion, please let us know ... we may be in line to change our plans as well.

Thanks for the blog, too, Tom. We have family sailing with you (Davie and Joe from Alexandria) and we will be sailing Galaxy in October also.

Glad to hear that there are some refurbishments happening, Galaxy was starting to look a little long of tooth in June, 2005 when we last sailed her. Cannot believe they have not replaced the windows in Stratosphere, especially since someone had maintained a few months ago that they were new. Such a pity with that great ship.

i will be on the july 13th sailing, so this is great!

ispeed, i too am looking for info on excursions. we've booked ephesus and athens sightseeing, and are tryting to figure out what exursion to do in naples...considering the capri, sorrento and pompeii, even though it's a long day! :)

Thank you for the great updates. When the ship docked in Messina were there drivers available that would take you to Taormina- or do you feel that the best option was to book "Taormina on your own" through Celebrity?

We did the Med. a few years ago at the end of August- it was hot! We are going at the end of August again - so, we will probably have the same weather you are having now.

How are the cabins on the ship?

I'm currently updating my blog as our cruise on Galaxy proceeds. Please feel free to drop in and read.

Tom

I find it interesting to hear your report that they have still not fixed the windows in the Stratosphere Lounge. Previous reports indicated that they had been fixed several months ago which now becomes obvious that these reports were outright lies.

Having been on the Galaxy twice myself (2003 and 2005) and having those same windows being non-functional as windows at that time it amazes me that they continue to sail in this manner. At least now we have a truthful report.

I have posted entries for days 3 and 4. We continue to have a good time, but it also continues very hot - the hottest June for 20 years, we have been told. But read more here:

(http://tomtotley.wordpress.com/)

I shall post more as I can, but (given the price of internet minutes) I won't be able to answer questions until I get home - sorry folks and I hope you understand.

Tom:

You can't know how much I appreciate your posts from the Galaxy. Thanks for posting the cost of the Galaxy's shuttle into town in Myknonos and also the current price for the bus to Platis Gialos.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow's entry!

Tom.

You are doing an outstanding job with your review. I appreciate it so much as I am planning on doing this cruise next year and this week that you are on now.

Have you been able to find out why the whole in the schedule for the Galaxy next May?

Thanks

Tom

Tom,

Thanks for keeping us updated! This is great information, I can't wait until Aug. when it's our turn to visit the Med. Your's is the first item I read each morning, I guess I'm living vicariously through you! :D

Hope your having a great time,

Ron

Day 7 posted: http://tomtotley.wordpress.com/

Also I have good news about the hole in Galaxy's schedule next year. Unofficial, of course, but it's what senior staff on board are saying. There *will* be a refit, although the details aren't decided yet (Galaxy being different from Century anyway). But there will definitely be a new restaurant in the style of Muranos, and in the same location (deck 5 near in the Grand Foyer). The other decision is that more of the money will be spent on crew accommodation improvements than was the case with Century. It seems that the crew were unhappy about all the money being spent on passenger facilities, but nothing new/upgraded for them. I gather that will not happen in Galaxy's case.

Sorry abt the plumbing problem Not a good thing....

Hope the re-fit does not end up with the T pool being taken out for more revnue area... I am really enjoying this blog--have the same trip booked in 08

Thanks for sharing...

Archived