Should Carnival Enforce Formal Night Attire?

RjayB

Should Carnival Enforce the Formal Night Dress Code?  

766 members have voted

1. 1. Should Carnival Enforce the Formal Night Dress Code?

• YES - no one is allowed to enter unless in Formal or Business attire
    • NO - let everyone in, regardless of what they are wearing

Hey this might be kinda fun...who said what when and why..

you forgot "where." :D hey river...ya notice it seems to be okay for us? kurb, cali and chigirl, check the quotes b/4 you post and omit and bracketed poster info listed in error.

example -- look at post 109...is the quote really scapino's or chigirl's? whoever's qoute that is, poster info shld remain. but one of those posters is in there erroneously, and its replicating.

You didn't answer my question. Why do you book a cruise that has formal nights if you don't want to follow them?

I really don't care. I just don't understand why you'd agree to take a cruise KNOWING there are formal nights involved if you're not into dressing up.

Driving with a cell phone is NOT against the law in these parts. I am a rule follower by the way. I don't look for ways to get around the system. Not saying I've never broken a rule, but I do my best to follow them. That said, that wasn't the point of my post and you know it. You have plenty of other vacation options if you don't want to dress up. Why choose one where you do?

Carnival's "dress up" rule is a non enforced rule and everyone knos it. They don't enforce it because enough people don't want it. Pure and simple. No harm no foul. THE MASSES DON'T WANT IT....... Why can't you just have fun without me in a suit. I shouldn't be that important in your life

you forgot "where." :D hey river...ya notice it seems to be okay for us? kurb, cali and chigirl, check the quotes b/4 you post and omit and bracketed poster info listed in error.

Dang seems to work good for me.... or at least the test does... Guess the others are past the bed times..:D

Carnival's "dress up" rule is a non enforced rule and everyone knos it. They don't enforce it because enough people don't want it. Pure and simple. No harm no foul. THE MASSES DON'T WANT IT....... Why can't you just have fun without me in a suit. I shouldn't be that important in your life

see the edited poriton of my post above. you have someone in there in error. you just have to delete the wrong one.

example -- look at post 109...is the quote really scapino's or chigirl's? whoever's qoute that is, poster info shld remain. but one of those posters is in there erroneously, and its replicating.

Check out post 127:confused:

Sorry you beat me to it.......

And you are not the only one on the ship. Unfortunately some people no longer see the world as a place for we but for me. Rules and laws are created as a way to make life less chaotic and/or barbaric. If we all followed the rules we would all know where we stand, what our options are, and what we need to do. It is when you have some jackabee deciding that "I don't want to so therefore I don't have to" -- doesn't matter what anybody else thinks, needs or wants. And that sets up the thought process for some other people that feel "if he doesn't have to then neither do I" so on and so on and so on. Then all the rest of us who are rule followers just trying to do our part to be fair to all by doing what is set before us get screwed.

SUCH ANARCHY........ I THINK THE WORLD IS COMIN TO AN END..........cause I don't want to where a necktie. LOL

It should be required. I don't get what people don't get about the word REQUIRED. If you don't want to wear that kind of clothes, go to the buffet.

BUT IT'S NOT REQUIRED....... WORDS DON'T ALWAYS MEAN WHAT THEY SAY. IF CARNIVAL DOESN'T ENFORCE THE "REQUIREMENT" THEN IT'S A NON-RULE RULE. AND ANY AMOUNT OF CRYING YOU DO WON'T CHANGE THAT

Check out post 127:confused:

i am LMAO. scapino don't you see that it's you? LOL:D :p . look at post 127. he's got chigirl and himself as the quoted poster. if it's chigirl's quote he's trying to use, he must delete the bracketed info w/ his identifying info...

do you see the 2 poster names i'm talkin' bout in that post? boy, i'm hot in the fixin' dept tonight, LMAO:D :p

Wonder how many of those that don't want to dress appropriately for the DR but won't consider the buffet, eat breakfast and lunch in the buffet. I've read many posts that the food in the evening at the buffet is very good.

tHEN EAT THERE IN YOUR SUIT AND TIE AND EVENING GOWN CAUSE I'M GONNA BE IN THE DINING ROOM EATING LOBSTER

i am LMAO. scapino don't you see that it's you? LOL:D :p . look at post 127. he's got chigirl and himself as the quoted poster. if it's chigirl's quote he's trying to use, he must delete the bracketed info w/ his identifying info...

do you see the 2 poster names i'm talkin' bout in that post? boy, i'm hot in the fixin' dept tonight, LMAO:D :p

He/she did it again on post 131 with ucstars:eek:

BUT IT'S NOT REQUIRED....... WORDS DON'T ALWAYS MEAN WHAT THEY SAY. IF CARNIVAL DOESN'T ENFORCE THE "REQUIREMENT" THEN IT'S A NON-RULE RULE. AND ANY AMOUNT OF CRYING YOU DO WON'T CHANGE THAT

"SHOUTING IS A NO-NO ON THESE BOARDS"...

Be polite in the discussion......

Changing my bet...this thread don't make it to 11:00AM.....:D :p

He/she did it again on post 131 with ucstars:eek:

LOL! gettin' punchy here, better call it a night soon cuz i am crackin' up again...and i'm havin' trouble stoppin.

there's only so far you can go sometimes b/4 throwin' up your hands, right? ROF:D :p

LOL! gettin' punchy here, better call it a night soon cuz i am crackin' up again...and i'm havin' trouble stoppin.

there's only so far you can go sometimes b/4 throwin' up your hands, right? ROF:D :p

Before you go check out the very important question thread:eek:

Before you go check out the very important question thread:eek:

first page? i'll take a look-see.:cool: i'm back...that's a re-generation of a thread that was on here a while ago. my guess is a funny, troll thread, but i don't think he was the OP of the other thread, and i am almost sure the poster on the other thread was dead serious about the TP issue. and, apparently, there are others that bring their own too. can you imagine?

first page? i'll take a look-see.:cool: i'm back...that's a re-generation of a thread that was on here a while ago. my guess is a funny, troll thread, but i don't think he was the OP of the other thread, and i am almost sure the poster on the other thread was dead serious about the TP issue. and, apparently, there are others that bring their own too. can you imagine?

Yep just read the op is over in the cc member cruise and he is just screwin with them.......

Bring my own......no way.....need room for the beer......

Yep just read the op is over in the cc member cruise and he is just screwin with them.......

but he cldn't think of his own? :D seriously (we are cross pollinating threads, but...) there was a whole debate about people bringing their own TP onto the ship b/c in boating, there is special marine toilet paper.

we have it for our boat, and wld imagine that they probably use it on cruise ships too.

people just can't bring onboard and use onboard whatever they want w/o thinking things through first, and i guess this wld not only include irons and coffee makers, but toilet paper too now.:confused:

what thread? LOL. i thought this morphed into a "quoting 101" thread:confused: :confused: :confused:
Seems like someone needs lessons on posting and getting quotes. Funny how many people just start posting and don't know what they are doing or how to use these boards.

I say its time to make them study and do a test (and pass it):D before posting on CC...;)

Dang seems to work good for me.... or at least the test does... Guess the others are past the bed times..:D

Nope, not working for you, that is not my quote that was from True.:D Haven't read page 8 yet, so perhaps it is fixed now. I see Scapino is having problems too.

I wish....That's one of the things we will doing on our Princess cruise. Ordering hot food from room service to eat out on our balcony:)

That's really great when you have a port intensive cruise.....

ahh you lucky dog you. Sailing Princess and in a suite no less.

Good for you...ENJOY!:)

Bill

Nope, not working for you, that is not my quote that was from True.:D Haven't read page 8 yet, so perhaps it is fixed now. I see Scapino is having problems too.

now i'm confused. the quote you quoted of river's is attached to me...properly. check his post. i'm there, not you:confused:

Carnival can put 'required' all they want in their policies and manuals. But, in reality, it's 'suggested', because they don't turn anyone away. Rules are only rules if they're enforced. I wear a coat and tie to formal night, not a tux. If Carnival makes a tux mandatory, I'll eat at the buffet that night. What did YOU gain by that?

now i'm confused. the quote you quoted of river's is attached to me...properly. check his post. i'm there, not you:confused:

Ok, I really should not be allowed to discuss what I see and what I don't see. What a dork I am, yes you are correct and not confused that would be me.:D All I was paying attention to was cruiser and didn't bother to notice that it said "truecruiser, not calicruiser101. I am laughing so hard right now that I can't even type, tears are welling up in my eyes. :D Aren't you glad I'm your buddy on here? Always good for a laugh.

Archived