Mariner - East or West?

So which itinerary do you all prefer on Mariner - Eastern or Western Caribbean? I'm on the fence - they both look great!

What was your favorite thing about Mariner? DH and I are looking to do something different (we've done a ton of 3 and 4 nighters... it's time to take a week off from work ;) ).

Thanks!!

Stephie

Stephie,

We've done both aboard the Mariner and have loved both! Each itinerary has their merits and uniqueness.

The Eastern itinerary has one more sea day and wonderful shopping in St. Thomas! I think it's a bit more laid back and a bit more upscale. You will also find that the merchants are not as aggressive as the stall owners you will find in Jamaica.

The Western itinerary is more port-intensive, one less at sea day, and you get lovely Labadee! I think the excursions offer more adventure on the Western -- climbing the Dunns River Falls / Canopy tour in Ochos Rios. Labadee offers kayaking, wave runners, & parasailing, Cozumel is beautiful for snorkeling & dolphin encounters, and Grand Cayman has the stingrays. You are likely to tender in on all stops except Ochos Rios -- some folks don't care for this.

We've done the Western the last 3 cruises, we are headed back to the Eastern in May. My teen has really enjoyed the adventure of the Western, but there is plenty of different and wonderful things to do on the Eastern as well.

Not sure if I haven't confused you more! They are both great....you can't go wrong. Much depends on what sort of experience you desire.

Good luck!

Rose

Tough call here. I've done both now and I enjoyed them both, but I think I prefer eastern because you get an extra sea day, and those are my favorite days. If you prefer a more port intensive itinerary, then you'd probably enjoy western. One thing that eastern itinerary doesn't have is a stop in Labadee, which we loved, but you do stop in Coco Cay. To be fair to Coco Cay, the weather wasn't that great when we were there last year, and the weather this year in Labadee was beautiful.

We're doing eastern again next year and plan on a very relaxing week. I don't even think we're going to book any excursions; just take it easy.

You will love Mariner. She's a beautiful ship with an excellent crew. There's something for everyone.

Enjoy your cruise!

Here's your answer....

BACK - TO - BACK, BABY!!!! :D :D :D

Best answer yet ;) Some day this will be an option for us, but we may need to head out west when Mariner repos before we accrue enough vacation time. It's a shame - I would LOVE to spend 14 days on board :)

Archived