Fort Lauderdale Hotels???

steffie

We have a reservation at the Best Western Marinia ... but after seeing no good reviews of the place have decided to cancel. (I know that there are usually bad reviews everywhere but this one I never saw any good, I usually don't pay attention to a few bad but this was too many) Now looking at Mariott Marina or Radisson Bahia Mar. Which one should I pick? Are there any other recommendations? We want to be on the intracoastal waterway with a good view and a balcony. Thanks for any help!

Bid Ft. Lauderdale Beach Area, then click on Resorts Only, then bid between $85.00 and $100.00, you will get the Harbor Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, the reason being it's the only Resort that Priceline uses for that area. It's one ofthe surest bets on priceline for booking a hotel in the Ft. Lauderdale area.

Once booked call and ask for a Pool View room, there you will also be able to see the Atlantic Ocean, the pool, and also the cruise ships from your balcony.Have a great time, it's a wonderful resort.

http://marriott.com/property/propertyPage/FLLSB

Don't forget When bidding for the Marriott on the Beach...........Do not bid on any stars....just click where it says RESORT !!! Nothing else!!!

Good Luck, lets us know how you make out

Jimbo:)

We stayed 2 days prior to the Cruise at a great location, which I am reluctant to talk about, because it has got to be the best kept secret in Fort Lauderdale. We had a living room, den, 2 bathrooms, a seperate bedroom with bath, and sofa sleeper in the living. This room could easily sleep 6. Small kitchenette( microwave, sink, dishes, dishwasher, and refridge).

The amenties at the location were excellent. A small putt-putt course, tennis courts, a playground, hammocks, an OLYMPIC size pool, plus a 9000 gallon "lagoon"-similiar to a lazy river but no currect. Private beach, 2 restaranants, ocean grill, pool bar, ice cream shop, resort wear shop. My only complaint is that to have beach chairs and umbrellas is was 20.00 a day! We found out on the second day, that not only is this a resort, but a private club for the local "elite".

Everybody from the pool staff to the check in desk was excellent. They have complimentary beach towels to use by the pool and the beach. Everything is on a cash-less system you just charge it to your room. Our room was only 165.00 per day!!! Free parking and you can leave you car at the resort and take a taxi to the port if you wish.

it is called...................................Lago Mar Resort. I highly recommend it!!

You can watch the cruise ships leave the port daily. It is about 5-7 minutes from Port Everglades by car!

We did not eat there as the prices were a bit pricey, and we drove to eat! So, if you do NOt have car, it might not be the best place to stay! But if you have a car..it is awesome!!!

Smart move to cancel the Best Western. We got stuck there after our cruise last year because of a snow storm in Ma. Was a nightmare to say the least. I am looking for a hotel on the beach also. Will be trying priceline soon. Marriot Harbor Beach Resort was very nice but food was very$$$$$$$$

I recommend the SPringhill Suites by Marriott - they have free airport and port shuttle, walking distance to many restaurants and a grocery store and Kmart for those oops I forgot items, and free breakfast at a reasonable rate.

Jimbo,

Tried your advice on the Harbor Beach last night. I tied $80.00 for 9/11 & 9/12. It was refused. I figured Priceline would make me a counter-offer if $80.00 was close. I bid $55.00 for downtown on 9/3 and they countered with $70.00. Got the Marina Marriott which is what I had hoped for. I guess now I have to wait a couple days to re-bid on the Harbor Beach.

Hi Jimbo,

Just tried Harbor Beach again at $100.00 and got it!!! We are very happy.

Thanks for the advice. I think it's harder for October as I've already been refused $90.00 on two different dates. I'll try $100.00 again in 72hrs.

To bid for the Mariott Marina, did you enter stars or resort? We are looking for Sept 17, 1 night. We are booked at the BW Marina, but after reading reviews on this thread and on others, we want to look elsewhere. We need 3 rooms and would like to have a view of the port.

Thanks!

Debbie

the Hyatt Pier 66 is wonderful...but expensive. What's great fun is to go to their revolving lounge (revolves 360 degrees every 55 minutes) and watch the cruise ships leave port! we did this on our last cruise which sailed Sat to Sat....so Saturday night upon return, we stayed at the Hyatt and at 5:00 PM watched the ship we just departed (Zuiderdam) leave port with a new load of passengers. It was such great fun. I'm taking two friends on their first cruise in November and it's a Sun-Sun cruise...so Saturday at 5:00 PM we'll be at the Hyatt to watch the cruise ships leave port. Thought it would be a great way to let them see how it looks from land! (and to build excitement!). The Marina Marriott is next to the Hyatt...so we're staying there this time rather than the Hyatt. If you stay at the Hyatt, ask for a tower room with a view of the port.

To Debbie,

On Priceline a 3* Downtown FLL will get you either the Marina Marriott, Embassy Suites or Renaissance. The only one with a good view is the Marriott. I stayed at that Best Western 11 years ago......and it was pretty crusty then. Too bad because it's right on the water with an excellent view of the ships. Hyatt Pier 66 is very nice but I'm not sure how to bid on it.

Hi:) I bid on the Hyatt earlier this year.....it is the only 4Star in the Beach Zone....and there is no guaranty you will get a view of the port there either.

My experience was only so/so there....the hotel is beautiful, don't misunderstand, but I had problems with a neighboring room and management wasn't very professional when it came time to help me:eek:

You really don't have to wait another 72 hours to bid again though, just use another email address if you have access to one.

Good Luck, it's a beautiful resort, you won't be disappointed.

Jimbo:D

Ditto Jimbo's comments on Marriot Harbor Beach. We just returned and loved it. I thought it was a steal at $88 a night. Right on the beach, great pool and a Starbucks in the lobby!. You'll have great fun.

Don't count on getting a view of the port at the Marriott Marina thru Priceline. We had two rooms there last year and tried to get a port view for at least one of them and were refused because it was a Priceline reservation. Of course, we could have paid a nice upcharge; but we had a nice room overlooking the lagoon pool, and the other was on the causeway. Only the tower rooms offer you a good view of the port. It's always worth a try when you check in - maybe you'll get a nicer clerk!

Does the Marriott Harbor have a shuttle from the airport, and then to the Port? Just curious, cuz you all are really tempting me to bid on this place. It's our wedding night, and I thought it might be nice to stay someplace nice.:o

No shuttle, but the cabfare was only $10 or so. If it's you wedding night, I would definitely go for this nice hotel and let them know it is your wedding night so they give you a great room. If you are only staying one night--the Renaissance is also very nice. For more than one night, I would definitely go with Harbor Beach--We got it for 88 on Priceline. It is the only Resort category hotel in FLL Beach zone.

For TORTONI and anyone else who has been to Harbor Beach recently .... I've heard that there are some renovations taking place. Some say it's just exterior painting with no problems and others say there's a lot of noice. What was your experience and do you know if it's restricted to Mon-Fri, 8-5?

Also, I might be joining friends at Hyatt Regency Pier 66 for a drink. I'm assuming that a taxi will be necessary or is it a "safe" walking distance?

One more question for anybody who has used Priceline. I'm wanting to go ahead and book 1 night in October right away, but I might want to add a second night later on. If I do add a second night, do I have to start over with a brand new bid?

Thanks in advance for all feedback! :)

I got the Renaissance through Priceline for the night before our cruise at $75 for the night. Not too bad. Someone mentioned that this hotel does not have a good view of the cruise ship port. It is a tower hotel, so I wondered- might some of the higher rooms still have a view? I realize that I will not get one of these with my Priceline reservation anyway, but it never hurts to ask.

Noise at the Harbor Beach: We were staying in a room near the "construction". It seems to be some painting near the garage--no issue for us at all.

Pier 66 walk--If it is hot--I think it would be way to far to walk to this. It's got to be at least one mile from the Harbor Beach. Taxis are easy to come by and this would be less than $5 by taxi.

Not sure how you handle one night now and one night later.

Tortoni ...... Thanks! I do appreciate your feedback.

I do have another question for anybody regarding Priceline and hurricanes. I've confirmed today with a few of the major hotels in the FLL/Miami area that should conditions in their region be threatened by tropical weather that they would waive any penalties for cancellations at the last moment. Does anyone know what Priceline's stand is on this issue? I do realize that all sales through Priceline are final, however, if the hotels are allowing cancellation, then I would hope that Priceline would as well. I would consider it fair for them to take their fee and rebate the balance.

Archived