in recommended stores--not enough info on

city

Shuttles in port were pricey

Celebrity city tours were overpriced

No laundry facilities

Nightly shows for 2nd dining began too late in

the evening - 10:45 pm

Needless to say, I would never cruise again on this line nor recommend it

Sandy, sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your cruise. Since this is your first post, can you give us a bit of a frame of reference for your opinion? What other cruises have you taken in the past? What other cruise lines/itineraries? Had you researched this before purchasing, or was it on a recommendation of someone else or pricing?

It helps to put what you say into context and have more benefits for others reading this.

"Gourmet dining, Outstanding service both in dining & cabin, Room layout is very efficient, Nightly entertainment was excellent"

translates to

"Needless to say, I would never cruise again on this line nor recommend it"

:confused: :eek: :confused: :eek:

I don't get it. If sea days are long and boring, why take a cruise ship in the first place? If you don't like the daily future cruise Sales flier in the daily program, just trash it? And yes - there's no laundry on Celebrity ships... as you could/should have known before departure...

What is your real problem that you haven't told us about yet? There must be more?

Floris

Hi, i took the same cruise last june 3 aboard Century and while there were a few cons in particular such as changing oslo to klaipeda as part of the port itinerary, i had an enjoyable time w the other ports. St. Petersburg and Stockholm are my favorites, Dining and service were awesome i have to agree. Sea days were sort of windy/overcast, but i made use of my time by using the ships facilities like the aqua spa / gym, there were some lectures, also bingo..although its hard to layout/hangout on deck 11 unlike the Mediterreanean (always warm and breezy), it wasn't so bad altogether. Still loved the weather in the Med, but its the itinerary in this particular cruise that i was really after.. Check out my member review under angelcruiser, thanks guys.. Angel:cool:

We have cruised on Emerald Seas (now defunct), Carnival, Royal Caribbean, Holland America, American Queen and NCL. On each of these cruises there was always more than enough activities to keep one busy on those at sea days or at port days. Century during the 12 days had 3 Name that Tune sessions (1 hour apiece) 1 Family Feud (15 minutes) 5 Trivia (1 hours apiece) and 5 learn to dance sessions. Then they had talks on each port, but the talk was aimed at telling you what stores to purchase goods that had an agreement with Celebrity. Also, there were art auctions, jewelry sales and a Russian bazaar sale--I do not consider these entertainment. Also, the movies shown in the Celebrity theatre were 2 to 5 years old. You could view a first run movie only in your cabin at a price of $9.97.

Had I seen the daily newspaper's schedule of events, I would never have chosen this ship.

To each his own, I am happy that some of you enjoyed your cruise on this ship, but I for one did not.

We were on the same cruise. This was our first experience with Celebrity and our 12th cruise. We would definitely cruise with Celebrity again. We found the service to be exceptional.

Your criticism of port talks and lack of activities on sea days is quite accurate. This did not make or break our cruise experience on such a port intensive sailing. It would have been nice to have more entertaining activities (rather than revenue builders) on sea days - the weather was not geared to poolside activities on this particular cruise - feel that Celebrity misses the mark (compared to Cunard or Holland America) on this feature.

Overall, we had a wonderful vacation - and would factor in when booking future trips with Celebrity whether we were interested in destination or looking to be entertained on the ship.

We have cruised on Emerald Seas (now defunct), Carnival, Royal Caribbean, Holland America, American Queen and NCL. On each of these cruises there was always more than enough activities to keep one busy on those at sea days or at port days. Century during the 12 days had 3 Name that Tune sessions (1 hour apiece) 1 Family Feud (15 minutes) 5 Trivia (1 hours apiece) and 5 learn to dance sessions. Then they had talks on each port, but the talk was aimed at telling you what stores to purchase goods that had an agreement with Celebrity. Also, there were art auctions, jewelry sales and a Russian bazaar sale--I do not consider these entertainment. Also, the movies shown in the Celebrity theatre were 2 to 5 years old. You could view a first run movie only in your cabin at a price of $9.97.

Had I seen the daily newspaper's schedule of events, I would never have chosen this ship.

To each his own, I am happy that some of you enjoyed your cruise on this ship, but I for one did not.

Hi Sandy, sorry you had such a bad time:(. You are correct,

what is fun for one person might not be for another.....

I have never watched a movie on any of my cruises so what

they are showing makes no difference to me.

You said if you had seen the dailies you would not have chosen the ship?

I wish I could have swapped places with you then;) relaxing on

sea days, reading a good book, taking a nap....chilling out....

and an ocassional game here or there sounds wonderful to me.

Plus, I have never been on this itinerary!.....

Happy sailing in the future:)

Archived