Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

On a cruise note...dental emergency for me this morning. When I explained about my trip tomorow, my dentist just said come right in. So one hour later she's fixing my front tooth....Thank goodness I wasn't hunting up a dentist out of state. I was out with Mackey when it happened, so I cut his outing short and had to cancel out on Cooler. :(

I did give her a kiss and milk bone, but I am sure she was giving me the stink eye when I left without her.

What? OMG! Are you okay? Murphy's law....."If it can happen, it will happen!" Poor baby! I hate the dentist! I'm so glad you were able to fix it before you leave tomorrow....Will you please go into your bubble and don't bite-down on your front teeth!!!!!!

And on the story about the service dog. It was heartbreaking, but many people just can't handle the dogs. I'm not in favor of groups that make you raisse your own money. I like the way CCI and CA do it. Non-Profit groups that provide the dog at no charge. I think 20,000$ is the estimated cost for a CA dog. Wonder what the difference is... I will say that 5 days in not long enough at all. CA has recepients up for two weeks of "training camp". I don't like the word boot camp at all in connecition with dogs.

"Boot Camp" bothered me too! CCI does two weeks of intense "Team Training!".

The fact that I'm getting Successor after 7 days is a bit scary but because it's a "Successor" dog and I'm a pretty tough handler, they thought it would work. I hope so!!!!

Sunshine...not sure what you had done at the dentist...but please be sure to have pain meds with you for your cruise. The last cruise I took, the man of the couple that I ate supper with had dental work done on Thur before the cruise on Sun. By the 2 day he was in pain...come to find out he had a dry socket and that's what was hurting him. He was fairly miserable the entire trip

Yall have fun

Sunshine...not sure what you had done at the dentist...but please be sure to have pain meds with you for your cruise. The last cruise I took, the man of the couple that I ate supper with had dental work done on Thur before the cruise on Sun. By the 2 day he was in pain...come to find out he had a dry socket and that's what was hurting him. He was fairly miserable the entire trip

Yall have fun

Well now, just look at you lurking back. Do you have a Service Dog?

I'll make sure that she's taken care of. I'll bring lots of meds.

Thanks for all the love and concern. I'll have Brenda for some tlc and my new sister Roz. what more could I want. But, on your advise I might take a few of those pain medications we all have hidden in the back drawer just in case. I think mine are about 5 years old...

Well, in that case, bring enough for two!!!! :D

5 year old pain pills, let's go for the umbrella drinks instead!!! Hey, check the roll call for a message from me. I've misplaced your cell number. Could you call me sometime after 12 your time, just so I can make a note...Bad Me! I put my cell number on the roll call.

I got your message. I will call you tomorrow with my cell......Well, now that the world has yours it won't be long before you'll be getting some really exciting calls! :eek:

I'll call you tomorrow, after I sleep in and you get in!!!!!! Everything's okay.....you don't need to reach me. Just have fun with your "other Mother" daughter and look for me at 10:30am on Saturday.

Life is good and running right on schedule!

Edited by wizard-of-roz

FYI Update on Sunshine in sunny California. I spoke to Sunshine this afternoon and all is good for her. Her flight was good and she was taking a drive with her daughter's friend down to Malibu. It's really warm and humid here in L.A., it'll be nice to be on a cruise, out at sea, with those cool breezes.

This will be my last post until I return next Saturday and after I drop Sunshine off at the airport.

I'll write and let you know how our meeting and cruise with Miss Brenda went. I'm totally expecting a funtastic time.

Have a wonderful week everyone!!!!! I'm logging off now!

Cruisingly yours,

Roz & Brenny

started my day with a great flight. Then juice in Santa Monica, hiking in Topanga Canyon, then lunch in pasadena. Followed by a visit to a new agey store to look at crystals and adjust our chakras...then an experience with LA traffic. Barnsdale Art Park followed by Griffith Observatory. And if that wasnt enough a trip to cbs studios (sorry, just to drop something off) and then out for sushi, sake and soysauce. Followed by tequila and you tube videoing. I might need the assistance of Miss Brenda tomorow!!! Having a great time.:D

The adventure continues...Roz and Sunshine became "Karoz" and Brenda loves them both! Actually we realized Brenda kind of loves Aunt Sunshine a little better(not that she spoils or anything). She gives her love and attention while Roz askes her to work.

One get's up early,while the other likes to sleep in

One is very tired, while the other has a grin

One is drinking coffee while the other's walked on deck

One is still smiling while the other says "what the heck?"

Both enjoy chit chatting and while people stop and stare

The other keeps on walking while the other stops to share.

We'll let you just keep guessing as to just who is who

And fill you in much later, right now we'll bid "adieu"!

Love, hugs and tail wags,

"Karoz" and Miss Brenda

Oh, Mrs. Sunshine and Roz. I know the answer, you two are interchangeable! I am so glad this cruise happened. Puts credence in my "Things happen for a reason!" And, that Ms. Brenny, the little trader! That's what Papa calls Jezzy Lou when she is in someone else's lap. It's a good thing! You two keep it up and we will wait for more stories! :D

Well now, just look at you lurking back. Do you have a Service Dog?

I'll make sure that she's taken care of. I'll bring lots of meds.

No, I have no need for a dog (yet...hope I never do, but glad to know if I do I will know where to go)

Have just enjoyed reading about all yall's adventures.

Have a great cruise...can't wait to read the stories...

We started with a sleepless night

Thought the next day Roz would look a fright

Karen needs but little rest

She starts out early and does her best.

Roz and Brenda do their own thing

They're stopped and stopped, that is no fling.

Karen became the one with the word

She explains Brenda, Roz, and the absurd

Karen has no chance to have a potty break

She is busy talking, walking, no time for steak.

It's all working out, our cabin is huge, the food is great

Karen's massage day made her a bit late.

We're sorry that all of you did'nt make it this time

Maybe again we'll cruise with Roz, Brenny and Sunshine!

We miss talking to all of you every day and seriously are having a fabulous time aboard the Sapphire Princess. Tonight is formal night and we're "putting on the dog"! Off to our meet and greet now. Next stop San Franciso and the Golden Gate Bridge.

By the way there is a guide dog on board. His name is Nate and tonight he will be Brenda's hot DATE!!:D

Love and Licks

Karoz and Miss Brenda