Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

We can't slow down the clock until Diane and Holly have their dogs!

Okay, you're so right. Then please slow it down so my Horty doesn't age so quickly.

I sometimes wonder if I will have a Service Dog after Mr. Horton. Although, I really can't imagine my life without a CCI dog in it.

I need to get a "cabana boy" to move in and just take care of my Service Dog!

We have six parrots and the only thing they are certified to do is drive you crazy, at times. They scream at the top of their lungs at certain times of the day. They are extremely smart though. A service parrot? For hearing? If he has difficulty hearing, how does it alert him...bite him? Hit him with a wing? Peck him to death? I don't buy it either.

Sorry for my absence of late. I've been running around a lot lately. Haven't been checking in either. Did I miss anything? Do you ever go through those stages where you just don't have anything to say, or just aren't in the mood to type? It happens to me sometimes.

We have booked another cruise for January of 2017. We have a friend who likes to book early, and she was wondering if we wanted to join them...so we are. She takes several cruises a year and usually has at least two years of cruises booked in advance. This time, it will be a 14 day b2b...and I already checked. No issues where Pedro is concerned. He can get off in all of the ports with us.

We are at about the six month point for our next cruise, time to review the port requirements. I remember reading that one of them requires a test done six months prior...I just can't remember which one. Time to call the vet.

Cindra

Cindra, I have many a day when I feel just that way.....However, when you work a full-time job, it's not open for discussion; "do you feel like typing today?" I can cop a tude but that would be pushing it a bit too far I'm afraid.

Good for you on planning your cruises. I like to plan them at least a year in advance, if I can.

Would you believe, I have nothing planned for next year......I thought I might do a trip to Switzerland.......we'll see!

Well, the kids are coming in on Thursday and we leave on the Carnival Miracle for one week, on Saturday.

During summer vacation we would take our kids everywhere but never on a cruise ship. I took my son last September and now I'm taking my daughter and her two daughters on Saturday.

My son loved it and is still raving about how much fun he had. I can't wait to see my daughters face when she sees our Vista Suite and when the ship sets sail. Then, when we go to dinner together, I'll be having more fun watching them and seeing their reactions to everything. I think they're going to have a wonderful time and the joy of watching them will bring me great pleasure!

I just wish Morey were here to see it too!

Roz--

That sounds like so much fun! Isn't the Miracle similar to the Legend? I loved that ship. You are going to have so much fun with your family. Be sure to take photos for us.

Agreed. We can slow down time for some of you, but not for those of us waiting for our dogs full time. Does that work? <grin>

Holly

Roz--

That sounds like so much fun! Isn't the Miracle similar to the Legend? I loved that ship. You are going to have so much fun with your family. Be sure to take photos for us.

Agreed. We can slow down time for some of you, but not for those of us waiting for our dogs full time. Does that work? <grin>

Holly

Holly, it does work. I totally understand the anticipation of waiting for a dog to change your world and then finally having them in your life. I'm very lucky to have had Brenda and now Horton to complete me.

My one granddaughter Kayla is crazy about Horton and he just loves, loves her! There's a natural bond between them. It's going to be interesting to see how he acts with her around for a whole week. Brenda and Kayla's older sister Shayna were very close and it was always so much fun to watch them interact when they were together. Shayna was 4 years old when Brenny came into our lives and 16 when Brenny passed.

Our dogs touch more than just our lives. They touch the lives of our entire family.

Okay, you're so right. Then please slow it down so my Horty doesn't age so quickly.

I sometimes wonder if I will have a Service Dog after Mr. Horton. Although, I really can't imagine my life without a CCI dog in it.

I need to get a "cabana boy" to move in and just take care of my Service Dog!

That made me laugh - I think we could all use a "cabana boy."

Dianne

Hi everyone. Hope you're all doing well.

Aunty Roz and Horton we send you our love and Bon voyage wishes for a fabulous cruise with your family! :D

Holly - I'm so glad you're having such fun with your boy!

Now where is DKD - I thought he'd be back by now? Maybe he's gone to get Sutter?

My news ..... You know this thing about speeding up time, well I'd like to slow it right down please ....... Our darling girl Aruba is confirmed to go to the Training Centre on 21st July. So only five more weeks of glorious Aruba times and then it's tears at bedtime! :o. But, every time I read about, hear about, or see someone with their working guide dog, and of course all you great folk on here who have or are waiting for their dogs and share your stories with the rest of us and just how much your dogs mean to you and what a difference they make to your lives - I just know we've done the right thing. Over the past year and a bit, I've done things, been places, and met people I would never have, had it not been for Aruba! So we have a lot to be grateful for and it's been such fun.

Will we do it again - you can bet your life on it!!! But we are going to have a holiday first - a cruise of course! DKD - you were right - it's addictive! :D.

image.jpg.52647b26272b69d46297ebe852c56552.jpg

Sorry I haven't been around since I got back last Wednesday but my daughter has been sick and work has been crazy. I just wanted to stop by real quick and say hi and wish Roz a great cruise. I can go into more detail next week when I get caught up in work and my daughter is back to normal.

I enjoy coming back and reading here and seeing how Service Dogs can change so many lives. Happy Sailing. Have a wonderful and safe summer.

We're glad that you keep coming back!!!

Horton is getting really excited to go on his 6th cruise this Saturday. Now he only has 9 more to go to catch-up with Brenda! ;)

Aunty Roz and Horton we send you our love and Bon voyage wishes for a fabulous cruise with your family! :D

Now where is DKD - I thought he'd be back by now? Maybe he's gone to get Sutter?

My news ..... You know this thing about speeding up time, well I'd like to slow it right down please ....... Our darling girl Aruba is confirmed to go to the Training Centre on 21st July. So only five more weeks of glorious Aruba times and then it's tears at bedtime! :o. But, every time I read about, hear about, or see someone with their working guide dog, and of course all you great folk on here who have or are waiting for their dogs and share your stories with the rest of us and just how much your dogs mean to you and what a difference they make to your lives - I just know we've done the right thing. Over the past year and a bit, I've done things, been places, and met people I would never have, had it not been for Aruba! So we have a lot to be grateful for and it's been such fun.

Will we do it again - you can bet your life on it!!! But we are going to have a holiday first - a cruise of course! DKD - you were right - it's addictive! :D.

Fairbourne, you've brought such big tears to my eyes. Yes, everything you've done for Aruba will shine through as she becomes a true Working Dog. We ALL love her so as we do ALL of DKD's pups.

Thank you for your good wishes for our cruise [i can't wait to see my daughters and granddaughter's eyes light-up.]

And, THANK YOU for being Aruba's mommy and giving her such a great start in life!!!

Sorry I haven't been around since I got back last Wednesday but my daughter has been sick and work has been crazy. I just wanted to stop by real quick and say hi and wish Roz a great cruise. I can go into more detail next week when I get caught up in work and my daughter is back to normal.

Thank you! I hope your daughter is feeling better, tell her that Horton and Roz send get well wishes to her ♥! :)

DKD - Sorry to hear your daughter has not been well - please give her our very best wishes for a speedy recovery. :).

We will await your news ........ it's always very quiet around here when Her Majesty is away! ;)

And, my darling flock.......Don't forget it!!! Or, me!!!!! :D

Sorry to hear Kim has been sick. Hope she feels better!!

You have done a beautiful unselfish thing. I think I will even cry when Aruba goes to training. I could never do it, but really respect any one who does.