Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

I don't think I'll sleep tonight. Just imagine a CC review with the adventures of Miss Brenda and her friends Roz and Sunshine...sounds like a children's book.

Isn't it fun to think about folks, right here on Cruise Critic, who write to each other, almost daily, about their daily lives; their families, their pets and Service Dogs.....And then wind-up sharing a cabin on a fabulous cruise....planned exactly one week away from the cruise date. Isn't it fun!!!! :)

Sunshine, thank goodness you're used to the antics of puppies. Brenda may be a "Senior" but she can be as playful as a pup. I'll bet you never expected to share a cabin, on a cruise ship, with a big Black Lab. Thank goodness it's a mini-suite with lots of room for all of us. Actually, compared to most other cabins it would be considered "huge!" ;)

Isn't it fun to think about folks, right here on Cruise Critic, who write to each other, almost daily, about their daily lives; their families, their pets and Service Dogs.....And then wind-up sharing a cabin on a fabulous cruise....planned exactly one week away from the cruise date. Isn't it fun!!!! :)

Sunshine, thank goodness you're used to the antics of puppies. Brenda may be a "Senior" but she can be as playful as a pup. I'll bet you never expected to share a cabin, on a cruise ship, with a big Black Lab. Thank goodness it's a mini-suite with lots of room for all of us. Actually, compared to most other cabins it would be considered "huge!" ;)

Not much I'm not used to when it comes to four footed furry friends. Brenda can even sleep with me since papa is not there. I look forward to some nice long whispery talks with her in the morning while you snooze.

Not much I'm not used to when it comes to four footed furry friends. Brenda can even sleep with me since papa is not there. I look forward to some nice long whispery talks with her in the morning while you snooze.

This is so funny....because Morey and I were talking about just that. Brenda is so used to climbing into bed with Morey, we both were laughing how she'd just automatically jump into bed with you.....certainly not with me....she NEVER slept with me....we don't know why! I welcome it, she just never wants to. I'm hoping "Successor" will like sleeping with me.

This cabin has a lovely sitting area with a couch. Brenda claimed the couch for her sleeping when PaPa turned in bed, just one too many times.

And, although I do love to sleep in, Brenda's potty needs will take presidence....hence my notorious "pajama walk"; then she'll want breakfast, afterwards I will either get going or I jump back into bed until the pre-ordered room service breakfast is delivered between 8:30 & 9:00am - I feel I'm on vacation....I don't need to be anywhere, any special time except scheduled "fun" events and dinner time.

Thanks Cindy. So Happy As Well! Roz, I have limited access to my home email, so can you send any info to my work address.

karen.mays@choa.org

I'm waiting to book airline and hotel until your TA says I am good go go.:D

I'm on the phone with my TA right now......He said he called Princess and they will waive the penalty fee......because I'm such a frequent cruiser and have another booked. "YEA"......I'm putting you onto the manifest as I write this.....I'm giving the TA all your information so go book that Airline and hotel.

I have to put you on the Princess Personalizer [thank goodness I have all the info.] And, I'm going to print your Boarding Pass. And, we're good to go.

I have lots of luggage tags...we'll meet at the dock at 11:00am and we'll put them on your luggage.

My TA asked if I think you'll be a good room mate........I said, "oh, yeah!"

See you on Saturday!!!! :) Look for the gal with the Black Lab.

Edited by wizard-of-roz

Wow I'm so jealous and so excited for the two of you guys!!!! It will be a great cruise for both of you and I can't think of two people who deserve it more. :D

Cindy, isn't this the craziest thing? I called my TA and the first thing he said [we've been booking through him for the past 6 years] is "do you know this person well?" And, "does she like dogs?"

I'm all set.....Sunshine's name is on the manifest, I've put her into the Princess Personalizer, She's got a Boarding Pass....I know she'll know who I am.......I'll need to see her I.D. at the dock to make sure that I'm not taking some homeless person on a one week cruise with Brenny and me, and I'm calling her "Sunshine" all week! :cool:

What's the worst thing that could happen......she snores, I lock her out of the cabin and she sleeps on the Promenade Deck for the rest of the cruise. :D

Mornin' all:

Tap, Tap, Tap! An old saying "I have the patience of a pi$$ ant!" Whatever that means! :D

It's a deal......Sunshine, Brenda and Roz are cruising together. The funniest part is me trying to find her at the dock. Well, since I've got her Boarding Pass chances are she'll find me!

This is going to be fun. It's like going to camp, only much better!!!!! Of course, I haven't done that for a very long time but I'm always up for an adventure.

Thank goodness it's a huge cabin and we won't find ourselves falling over each other!!!!! There's lots of room for all of us!!!! :p

Woo Hoo!!! I can't wait. I promise I don't snore, but I do make the occasional potty run. Maybe Brenda will share her facility with me if Roz kicks us out...I think Brenda might be sharing my bed with me as well. OK Roz! I'll have a big sunshine sign..I'll dress all in yellow, I'll carry a box of milk bones.....

Woo Hoo!!! I can't wait. I promise I don't snore, but I do make the occasional potty run. Maybe Brenda will share her facility with me if Roz kicks us out...I think Brenda might be sharing my bed with me as well. OK Roz! I'll have a big sunshine sign..I'll dress all in yellow, I'll carry a box of milk bones.....

Yellow's good......Milk Bones - NO!!!!!! Not unless you want to be cleaning-up a dog with diarrhea all week......I know, I don't. Although, it would be funny to see a gal standing on the pier, with her luggage and a box of Milk Bones......Isn't Milk Bone a big supporter of Canine Assistants? They're a good company, just not for Brenny. :(

Seriously, I'll be looking for you with your luggage tags in hand, once we get your tags on [i made you 4]......we both have Platinum Preferred Boarding Passes and we can go right into the terminal, get our health forms and go up to registration. Oh! No! I'm being so bossy......stop me when you've had enough!

Edited by wizard-of-roz

You know, I've been so stressed and making so many decisions lately, I will enjoy letting someone boss me around a little.

Got to get busy with the logistics!

And some of the ca dogs tummies get upset with milkbones, I pretty much use kibble or my own doggy treats for lures and reward.

You know, I've been so stressed and making so many decisions lately, I will enjoy letting someone boss me around a little.

Got to get busy with the logistics!

And some of the ca dogs tummies get upset with milkbones, I pretty much use kibble or my own doggy treats for lures and reward.

I promise not to be too bossy.......dog handlers tend to treat humans like dogs sometimes.....so, we'll take turns giving commands. :p

We have early dining [6:00pm] and usually in the Vivaldi Dining Room [located in the center of the ship.] It's a bit smaller than the larger room located in the back of the ship and the Osso Boccu is outstanding. Do you like dining at a big table? I like it but am afraid that there might be someone who doesn't like dogs or there won't be a good place for Brenda to safely lay down.

I want to eat in the dining room but if you see me get up and leave, it's because I didn't find a "comfort zone" for Brenny and I'll head for the Horizon Court. I'm an early diner, usually, and may choose to just go to the buffet anyway........this also guarantee's me a seat in the Princess Theatre....It's not easy finding a good seat for Brenda so I try to get there early to get her a safe "floor space!" The handicapped section on top, in the back [off of the Wheelhouse Bar] is usually the best and where you'll find me.

I eat early, go the Wheelhouse Bar for a foo-foo drink and wait until the Theatre opens-up and head for my seat.

It's all about "planning" well when you go through life with a 4 legged friend.

Ouch! Now I'm sounding anal!!!!!!!

Edited by wizard-of-roz

Roz, I hope you are at work this week. Look for mail from me. ;)

Marcia, I got it......What a lovely surprise and perfect timing....Wednesday's my birthday, how'd you know?

Did you see the faces on the front of the calendar?......They're driving me nuts, they're so cute. And, the pictures inside are over-the-top amazing.

I'm trying to picture which one of them is "Successor?"

Thank you so much for thinking of Brenda and Me. I absolutely love it.

You are so kind to think of us. I think of you often, too! And, hope one day to cruise with you again.

Much Love & Licks,

Roz, Morey and Brenda

P.S. Morey sends a warm "hello" to you.

I enjoy a big table, like to chat, like to eat dinner early and am like going to the shows. I can be flexible. If I'm enjoying the company at a large table and you feel Brenda needs to go to HC, I'll probably stay at the table. But don't be surprized if I follow you. Especially if it is because someone doesn't like dogs!!!!

I've never done traditional dining so this will be a fun time to try it out.

I enjoy a big table, like to chat, like to eat dinner early and am like going to the shows. I can be flexible. If I'm enjoying the company at a large table and you feel Brenda needs to go to HC, I'll probably stay at the table. But don't be surprized if I follow you. Especially if it is because someone doesn't like dogs!!!!

I've never done traditional dining so this will be a fun time to try it out.

If you've never done Traditional, where do you usually eat dinner? I'm as flexible as Brenny's comfort zone.

Any thoughts on Long Beach Airport instead of lax...costs look better and I don't really mind a layover...still researching....

Long Beach is good, it's smaller and probably easier to maneuver.....honestly, I've never flown in or out of it. But, it's not far away. I think LAX and Long Beach are about the same distance from the Port. I may be wrong but not by much.

Marcia, I got it......What a lovely surprise and perfect timing....Wednesday's my birthday, how'd you know?

Did you see the faces on the front of the calendar?......They're driving me nuts, they're so cute. And, the pictures inside are over-the-top amazing.

I'm trying to picture which one of them is "Successor?"

Thank you so much for thinking of Brenda and Me. I absolutely love it.

You are so kind to think of us. I think of you often, too! And, hope one day to cruise with you again.

Much Love & Licks,

Roz, Morey and Brenda

P.S. Morey sends a warm "hello" to you.

You are welcome! :) Borders was having a close-out sale (unfortunately) and I bought lots of calendars. When I saw the Lab puppies I thought of you.

Is this a birthday cruise? I wish you and Brenda and Sunshine a great big Bon Voyage! It sounds like you will have so much fun! Somebody really does need to write that book, "The Adventures of Miss Brenda and her friends Roz and Sunshine." I'll be looking for it in the bookstore! ;)