Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

nope!!

Hey, I feel like a genius.....Horton's finally coming to me on the command "here!" In the beginning he would just look at me, as if to say, "oh, really"....then, I put a treat in my hand and everything changed. Brilliant, how these Labs work!

If I remember correctly it was the same thing with Brenda [over 9 years ago], she would just lay wherever she was and look at me like I was a post...I'd be calling her and calling her and she'd just lay there. Now, the second I call her she's immediately at my side.

I won't let them wear me down, I won't, I won't!!!! :D :eek:

Just had to come and brag on my favorite working dog--Josh! His amazing nose caught three armed robbery suspects last week.

http://host.madison.com/ct/news/local/crime_and_courts/police-dog-key-to-arrest-of-armed-robbery-suspects/article_98b169ac-3d39-11e1-b943-001871e3ce6c.html

Thanks to Josh and his partner/Mom Teresa for keeping my hometown safe!

Just had to come and brag on my favorite working dog--Josh! His amazing nose caught three armed robbery suspects last week.

http://host.madison.com/ct/news/local/crime_and_courts/police-dog-key-to-arrest-of-armed-robbery-suspects/article_98b169ac-3d39-11e1-b943-001871e3ce6c.html

Thanks to Josh and his partner/Mom Teresa for keeping my hometown safe!

Thanks for sharing this.......I love to read stories of the different ways that dogs change and enhance our lives.

Mornin' all:

You go Josh! Wish they had put a picture of him.

Ms. Jezzy Lou got a t-shirt, that has the Junior Mints logo on it. She loves it. I wasn't sure how she would react, but its a go.

Hope everyone is doing good.

You're our favorite "Junior Mint" Ms. Jezzy Lou! ;)

Here's one I have--sorry it's so small. Josh is a loveable, huggable German Shephard Dog. He's only a three years old so he still has lots of "puppy" in him.

Yeah those dang German Shepherds are huggable for sure.... Although I would not know anything about that.

blitzbonz.jpg

WE'RE BACCCCCKKKKKKK!!!! But it looks like everyone is gone. :( What nothing to talk about without my blabbering mouth?

We had a wonderful cruise. Solstice is a beautiful ship. I am downloading some pics and I'll tell more in a bit.

Welcome Home! Glad you had a great time!

OK time for true story.......

Blitz is on fire this week so far, went to Walmart and got so many nice remarks about him and how great he looks. One woman asked about his feet and how I got his nails to look that way. I told her I trimmed the nails weekly and she was like and he doesn't fight about it (nope he doesn't). A very small child came up and hugged him today also; OMG of all times not to have a camera ready.

On a serious note I hope they find all the passengers from the cruise ship that sank in Europe. What a sad thing...

At long last, I have found the paperwork that the Mexican officials gave us when we had our issues at the border last year. The website I was given regarding the Mexican rules and requirements for pets entering the country is:

www.senasica.gob.mx

Highlighted on the paper is "health certicate no older than 10 days" and certification that animal "has been treated against endoparasites and ectoparasites within 6 months prior to the trip and that it is free from any internal and external parasites".

Even though we had the correct paperwork, because it didn't expressly state the dog was parasite free, we got the $50 visit from the Mexican vet at the airport.

The website was what I had been looking for to share with you. Our trip was last April so I am not sure if anything has been updated since then.

In other news, we are going back to Disney World this spring! So excited! (Land based trip only)

WE'RE BACCCCCKKKKKKK!!!! But it looks like everyone is gone. :( What nothing to talk about without my blabbering mouth?

We had a wonderful cruise. Solstice is a beautiful ship. I am downloading some pics and I'll tell more in a bit.

Welcome home! This was a very exciting cruising week, in more ways than one!!!!!! We missed you so much!

I'm so glad you had a wonderful cruise and that you loved the ship.

Can't wait to hear all about it. How did Wex do? Did everyone love him?

Tell us all the highlights and how was the crowd you were with? Tell us, tell us!!!!! :confused:

OK time for true story.......

Blitz is on fire this week so far, went to Walmart and got so many nice remarks about him and how great he looks. One woman asked about his feet and how I got his nails to look that way. I told her I trimmed the nails weekly and she was like and he doesn't fight about it (nope he doesn't). A very small child came up and hugged him today also; OMG of all times not to have a camera ready.

On a serious note I hope they find all the passengers from the cruise ship that sank in Europe. What a sad thing...

It is overwhelmingly tragic and I, too, send my very best wishes sincere condolences to all the families who were effected.

I'm sure this is going to effect the cruising industry for a long time....it's so sad to hear some of the stories of what some of the people had to go through and those that lost their lives, my prayers are with their families.

At long last, I have found the paperwork that the Mexican officials gave us when we had our issues at the border last year. The website I was given regarding the Mexican rules and requirements for pets entering the country is:

www.senasica.gob.mx

Highlighted on the paper is "health certicate no older than 10 days" and certification that animal "has been treated against endoparasites and ectoparasites within 6 months prior to the trip and that it is free from any internal and external parasites".

Even though we had the correct paperwork, because it didn't expressly state the dog was parasite free, we got the $50 visit from the Mexican vet at the airport.

The website was what I had been looking for to share with you. Our trip was last April so I am not sure if anything has been updated since then.

In other news, we are going back to Disney World this spring! So excited! (Land based trip only)

My Vet ALWAYS gives me a letter of "good health" signed by him and verifying that my dog has no internal or external parasites, that she is in good health to travel and is current on all her shots.

I recommend that everyone ask their Vet for such a letter and make copies to give along with the verification of immunizations, etc.

Have a wonderful trip to DisneyWorld

Welcome back Cindy, John & Wexler. Glad you had a great time.

Looking forward to the pictures.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just spent an hour writing all about the cruise and when I went to post it said I wasn't logged in and deleted my whole thing!!! I'm gonna cry!! How could I get the the reply box if I wasn't logged in!!!! Help Cruise Critic!!

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just spent an hour writing all about the cruise and when I went to post it said I wasn't logged in and deleted my whole thing!!! I'm gonna cry!! How could I get the the reply box if I wasn't logged in!!!! Help Cruise Critic!!

Oh! No! I've done that.....only to lose the whole darn thing. I don't know why it happens, it's the "computer gods." Don't worry about it. We know that eventually we'll hear all about your wonderful trip. I hope you had a chance to catch-up on your relaxation and had some foo-foo drinks for me!

I'll be going to CCI in Santa Rosa next week [1/25] for Public Certification on the 26th and Graudation on the 27th, with the class.

Horton is a great dog. He's still a puppy and does do some pretty "stupid" and amazingly funny things but he's learning and I'm giving him some lee-way right now. Brenda is so patient with him; even when he rolls over on his back and "bats" her with his super long legs, as she's innocently walking by him and those legs are pretty powerful. I try not to laugh or say anything.....I really want them to work-out their own issues. If I were a dog and he did this to me.......I'd shove his long, lanky leg right back into his face!!!!! :rolleyes: :p

Brenda's much nicer than me.....she just shakes it off and keeps on walking! Such a smart, nice girl!

Edited by wizard-of-roz

So I have a picture in my brain of Roz, with someone batting at her (even tho playfully) as she walks by.....trust me, it's not pretty!. But, seriously, it would be funny!!!!:D

And, you've seen [in person] just how funny it might really be!!

I hope the New Year has been kind to you, so far! Do you have any cruising plans in the works?

I have all my CCI "stuff" to do next week. The public testing, the Graduation and hopefully meeting or at least seeing some of Horton's pictures as a puppy. That would be such a wonderful treat, to see this big boy as a baby! I hope his Puppy Raisers come through.....we'll see!!!