Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

There is no Orson on the NER graduation card we got. It's the same one that is on the CCI web site. We do know that there is another Orson working somewhere out there. What region is the card you are looking at? Maybe you got the wrong one for the May 16 graduation.

My mistake it's a graduate from the southeast grad picture, Orson IV.

Roz - here's some more bug hugs! ;):D. Glad you're feeling better - and big hugs to Mr H too for looking after his mama.

An update on my puppy walking - we have a home visit and interview next week, so it's starting to get real now! From the sounds of it, we may have a puppy sooner rather than later if all goes well....... :D:D

Message for Diana -

Hola de Escocia Diana. I can't believe how many votes you and Gibson have accumulated .... Its fabulous .... Buena suerte y haganos saber como le va!

(My schoolgirl Spanish at its best! Ha ha ha!)

Message back from Diana. :)

Mommy,

Please tell her thank you for the Spanish words and her kind support. It is very appreciated.

Love, Diana

"Wearing purple will brighten your day!"

Roz - here's some more bug hugs! ;):D. Glad you're feeling better - and big hugs to Mr H too for looking after his mama.

An update on my puppy walking - we have a home visit and interview next week, so it's starting to get real now! From the sounds of it, we may have a puppy sooner rather than later if all goes well....... :D:D

Message for Diana -

Hola de Escocia Diana. I can't believe how many votes you and Gibson have accumulated .... Its fabulous .... Buena suerte y haganos saber como le va!

(My schoolgirl Spanish at its best! Ha ha ha!)

Thanks love. I'm so glad to hear that your PuppyRaising is getting closer and closer to a reality. It's going to be so much fun!

Message back from Diana. :)

Mommy,

Please tell her thank you for the Spanish words and her kind support. It is very appreciated.

Love, Diana

"Wearing purple will brighten your day!"

Aw! Diana! Good luck in all that you do. We're all pulling for you!

I want to do a 10 day or more cruise for 2015. It has to be out of L.A. and it has to be Princess. I want to keep it as simple as possible but just a longer cruise. Now that the ships are going down to Mexico again I see the Golden, out of L.A. on April 5th, sounds interesting.

Come on with Horton and me!

I want to do a 10 day or more cruise for 2015. It has to be out of L.A. and it has to be Princess. I want to keep it as simple as possible but just a longer cruise. Now that the ships are going down to Mexico again I see the Golden, out of L.A. on April 5th, sounds interesting.

Come on with Horton and me!

I've been thinking about this cruise ever since I saw this article. Just need to find a room mate. http://www.usatoday.com/story/cruiselog/2014/04/29/princess-cruises-mexico-voyage/8450013/

Last day to vote for Diana! Thanks to all of you who have worked to help her! Apparently the Mobility Awareness website is getting lots of traffic. It takes a long time to get in this morning and also for the extra vote question to come up. The answer today is True.

http://www.mobilityawarenessmonth.co...ue-springs-mo/

Thanks again everyone!

Beckie

Oh dear Beckie, now it is telling me web page not available! Don't they know I have to get my 2 (cents) votes in? I will keep trying. They can't keep me out! :mad:

Roz: Haven't look at the cruise, but that would be a dream come true for me and family to cruise with the "Big Blonde Lady with Big Hair and the Big Black Handsome Boy!" I will have to go take a look see. I almost gave myself a heart attack. We haven't cruised in about 7 years. :eek: That is just not acceptable. We like the longer ones. It just seems like you really get to put down roots and relax. Will check it out tonight when I get home.

I've been thinking about this cruise ever since I saw this article. Just need to find a room mate. http://www.usatoday.com/story/cruiselog/2014/04/29/princess-cruises-mexico-voyage/8450013/

Marcia, this sounds so good! 14 days, in December, could be very doable for me. I have to check my vacation schedule and make sure that I have all that time available. I wonder if this small ship has the large stairwells for Horty's pottybox and does it have the International Café.? I have to do some investigating.

Could you stand me for so long? :p

Leave it to you to find such an interesting deal!

Edited by wizard-of-roz

Oh dear Beckie, now it is telling me web page not available! Don't they know I have to get my 2 (cents) votes in? I will keep trying. They can't keep me out! :mad:

Roz: Haven't look at the cruise, but that would be a dream come true for me and family to cruise with the "Big Blonde Lady with Big Hair and the Big Black Handsome Boy!" I will have to go take a look see. I almost gave myself a heart attack. We haven't cruised in about 7 years. :eek: That is just not acceptable. We like the longer ones. It just seems like you really get to put down roots and relax. Will check it out tonight when I get home.

10 Days in April or 14 Days in December.....decisions, decisions.......After the Golf Tournament on Wednesday I'm going to do some serious investigating. I'd love to cruise with Marcia in December and you in April......how about the rest of you, Cindy? Oh! Wait! You won't fly! I've got to get to the East Coast before we're both too old to care!

After Wednesday I'll be doing some very busy research!!!!!

Edited by wizard-of-roz

Ha ha, I know that feeling so well when I just can't remember what I was gown to say ..... That blooming old age doesn't come itself does it? LOL! ;):D

Glad to hear your girl is doing well :)

LOL ... except I'm not old! :o One of my disabilities (a neurological one) does mess with one's memory, though, so sometimes I feel old when I cannot recall a word/phrase or what I went in the room for or what I was going to do or various other things, both short-term and long-term. If dogs could speak English, I would definitely train mine to remind me of these things!! :p

Yes, she is still doing well, just losing more hair all the time and is bald in some spots, very thin in others, and getting thinner and thinner in the rest. It is hard to see (and deal with! I don't know how those of you with shedding breeds do it!), but it is worth it for her to get better!

So, congratulations to all of you who had good doggy news!

Roz, that is disgusting that the woman on your cruise took her pet on it in a stroller and everything! There are way, way, way too many fakes these days!! I cannot believe they even allowed her on the ship once they saw the doggy carriage.

For those who love to get irate about fakers (or just are curious to see how many of them post online about their evil deeds), check out the Facebook group ServiceDogMemes. I looked through it for a while and couldn't believe some of what the fakers were posting - so disgusting!

Well, my breeder recently bred his female, so I might have a puppy later this year (though she would go to my trainer to be trained before coming to live with me). I'm keeping this news to myself so as to not upset my current service dog (I'm not crazy, she really is intelligent enough to know what I am talking about!) and because we don't even know yet if the female is pregnant, much less if one will be a good service dog prospect, so it isn't a sure thing. I am still debating whether or not to go in person to pick the pup, as there are many issues to figure out with that. We shall see!

I love hearing about everyone's cruises (though am jealous, haha!), so keep the stories coming! I don't see another cruise in my near future, but eventually I will get back to the sea....

Marcia, this sounds so good! 14 days, in December, could be very doable for me. I have to check my vacation schedule and make sure that I have all that time available. I wonder if this small ship has the large stairwells for Horty's pottybox and does it have the International Café.? I have to do some investigating.

Could you stand me for so long? :p

Leave it to you to find such an interesting deal!

Rats! I need to do something at work and I will not be granted an extension. If the cruise left a day earlier or a day later I could possibly have a work-around. Sorry. Hope you can still go. Sounds like a very special cruise.

LOL ... except I'm not old! :o One of my disabilities (a neurological one) does mess with one's memory, though, so sometimes I feel old when I cannot recall a word/phrase or what I went in the room for or what I was going to do or various other things, both short-term and long-term. If dogs could speak English, I would definitely train mine to remind me of these things!! :p

Yes, she is still doing well, just losing more hair all the time and is bald in some spots, very thin in others, and getting thinner and thinner in the rest. It is hard to see (and deal with! I don't know how those of you with shedding breeds do it!), but it is worth it for her to get better!

Quam, my prayers go out to your girl and I hope that her body and spirit stay strong so that she can weather through her treatments and that she may be diagnosed as "cancer free!"

So, congratulations to all of you who had good doggy news!

Roz, that is disgusting that the woman on your cruise took her pet on it in a stroller and everything! There are way, way, way too many fakes these days!! I cannot believe they even allowed her on the ship once they saw the doggy carriage.

For those who love to get irate about fakers (or just are curious to see how many of them post online about their evil deeds), check out the Facebook group ServiceDogMemes. I looked through it for a while and couldn't believe some of what the fakers were posting - so disgusting!

Well, my breeder recently bred his female, so I might have a puppy later this year (though she would go to my trainer to be trained before coming to live with me). I'm keeping this news to myself so as to not upset my current service dog (I'm not crazy, she really is intelligent enough to know what I am talking about!) and because we don't even know yet if the female is pregnant, much less if one will be a good service dog prospect, so it isn't a sure thing. I am still debating whether or not to go in person to pick the pup, as there are many issues to figure out with that. We shall see!

I love hearing about everyone's cruises (though am jealous, haha!), so keep the stories coming! I don't see another cruise in my near future, but eventually I will get back to the sea....

I, too, am a firm believer that our dogs understand what we're saying and are affected by it.

It's such a tough decision to plan for a Successor Dog in your future. Knowing you, I know that great thought will go into your decision making.

I hope that your getting back to the sea is more sooner than later!

Rats! I need to do something at work and I will not be granted an extension. If the cruise left a day earlier or a day later I could possibly have a work-around. Sorry. Hope you can still go. Sounds like a very special cruise.

Oh! No! I thought it was too good to be true. I've checked out the Pacific Princess, she's so small.....I think I'd go batty on such a small ship for such a long time! A shorter cruise might be okay but two weeks on such a small ship, with not a heck of a lot of places to go to onboard, could drive me nuts!

when I first started saying "old age doesn't come itself" as a joke, I used to get back from others "oh you're not old, don't be daft!" Now I get a sympathetic look!!! What they trying to tell me! Ha ha ha!!:eek: I'm not that old!

Hope she continues to do well :) !

Last day to vote for Diana! Thanks to all of you who have worked to help her! Apparently the Mobility Awareness website is getting lots of traffic. It takes a long time to get in this morning and also for the extra vote question to come up. The answer today is True.

http://www.mobilityawarenessmonth.co...ue-springs-mo/

Thanks again everyone!

Beckie

Hi Beckie, Diana and Gibson

What was the final vote count?? :)

Great news today!

We had our inspection visit and interview, and all went very well. So, we passed muster, keeping in the cruising theme ;):), and we now have to have one more visit to do all the official paperwork, and then we are ready to welcome a new puppy into our home.

This may be as early as the end of next week :eek:!

To tell you all I am excited would be a huge understatement!

The folk from the Guide Dogs brought along a young pup, (about 14 weeks old cross German Shepherd/retriever, all legs and long body), to see how our two would be with a puppy, and M and P were so good with her, so hopefully that bodes well for the future. In fact she's the one in the photo from the other week and I had met her puppy walker mum at the puppy training class. We went out for a walk and I got a chance to walk her, but with all the new and lovely smells, it was a challenge for me to keep her straight. But as I said she's still very young, so she did really well. I will have a lot to learn as well with new commands, holding the lead at the right level and at the right tension etc. They seem to have a great support network, with regular training sessions and visits to keep everyone on track and deal with any issues which may arise, quickly.

DKD, one question he did ask, was how I would feel when it came to hand the dog over ... I quoted you and told him about when you took Ocho and he didn't look back. I hope I'm as successful and I raise a puppy who will be confident to go forward ..... By the way, I'm so sorry, I think you must be off on your cruise, and we forgot to wish you bon voyage! I'll blame that "old age" thing again!!!

It costs so much money to train a Guide Dog, and they get no government funding at all. I'm sure we will be taking part in fund raising events as well, but that's fine as I will enjoy that part too.

With all the excitement, our two are exhausted and are now snoring their heads off on "their" sofa, but their beauty sleep is about to be disturbed rather abruptly as soon as I finish writing this - they're off on their evening walk!

Roll on puppy days and snuggly puppy kisses! :D