Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

Word of advice... Do your research early, study the regs for each port, and question any authority who goes against that research info. Had my vet's tech not given me misinformation from one USDA office, I wouldn't be running ragged right now. :P

Still no word from Antigua yet...

Hope everything comes back in time.

Dianne

I am sorry if this has already been answered but I am booking this cruise and my computer keeps freezing.

What did you need to do to bring your service animal with you? Who did you need to contact at carnival and what proof did you need to provide?

My husband and I each have a service animal. Can there be multiple service animals in one cabin?

If we have a balcony with enough room to accommodate a doggie potty box will they put one on our balcony?

I am sorry if this has already been answered but I am booking this cruise and my computer keeps freezing.

What did you need to do to bring your service animal with you? Who did you need to contact at carnival and what proof did you need to provide?

My husband and I each have a service animal. Can there be multiple service animals in one cabin?

If we have a balcony with enough room to accommodate a doggie potty box will they put one on our balcony?

Check with Carnival's Special Needs department to get all your questions answered, since each line is different. When you book, they will send you their paperwork to be filled out. It is entirely up to you to comply with US and foreign port requirements regarding health certificates, shots, etc. and you must bring the documents with you.

Most lines do not permit potty boxes on balconies, but some have.

Thanks so much, everybody, for all the good wishes for our cruise! Much appreciated. With only a wreath on the door at home, it will be fun to see some holiday decorations on board Reflection.

After eating frozen dinners, chinese food on paper plates and Dominos pizza for the past few weeks, washing dishes in the bathroom sink, and walking through dust all the time, we are all really ready to enjoy a little luxury. We're hoping to see progress on our renovation when we get home.

Time to copy the paperwork and pack up Raylene's stuff!

Fairbourne, I think you're alittle harsh calling that adorable pup a monster!

Ha ha ha ha!!! :p

Well the "adorable pup" snuck upstairs this afternoon - all my DH's fault as he was supposed to be keeping an eye on her while I put all the shopping away :rolleyes:- and she ate all the "beep" cat food! She did get chased back downstairs by a very cross, quite elderly hissing and spitting Maine coon boy cat who had been rudely woken up from his afternoon nap by the "adorable pup"!

She's keeping me busy, that's for sure! :D

Dear Santa, I have no slippers left ......... And only one croc shoe .....

Thanks so much, everybody, for all the good wishes for our cruise! Much appreciated. With only a wreath on the door at home, it will be fun to see some holiday decorations on board Reflection.

After eating frozen dinners, chinese food on paper plates and Dominos pizza for the past few weeks, washing dishes in the bathroom sink, and walking through dust all the time, we are all really ready to enjoy a little luxury. We're hoping to see progress on our renovation when we get home.

Chris and Raylene (and hubby) have a fabulous cruise - you must so be looking forward to this. It's very stressful having work done in the house!

Chris and Raylene (and hubby) have a fabulous cruise - you must so be looking forward to this. It's very stressful having work done in the house!

Thanks, FB! Your trip sounded marvelous.

We want to see some new photos of Monster Pup Bonnie! She must be getting roly-poly eating everything she can find!:D

Bonnie's a true Lab, isn't she? Raylene (aka Garbage Gut) has discovered the big yellow seeds that fall off a tall palm tree in our back yard, fortunately not the toxic ones. She eats her fill if I'm not around and throws up a dozen or so on the carpet in the middle of the night! I collect the latest crop every day, but she runs to the tree like a big, black, truffle-sniffing pig to find any that the squirrels and I have missed.

I know how you feel! We only have some minor decorations on the front door. I think we are bringing more to the ship to decorate the cabin. Everything we're bringing is flat or inflatable...except the mini tree, which is collapsible. Looking forward to seeing the ship decorations and get into the spirit.

Bon voyage!

Ha ha ha ha!!! :p

Well the "adorable pup" snuck upstairs this afternoon - all my DH's fault as he was supposed to be keeping an eye on her while I put all the shopping away :rolleyes:- and she ate all the "beep" cat food! She did get chased back downstairs by a very cross, quite elderly hissing and spitting Maine coon boy cat who had been rudely woken up from his afternoon nap by the "adorable pup"!

She's keeping me busy, that's for sure! :D

Dear Santa, I have no slippers left ......... And only one croc shoe .....

Oops!!! She really is keeping you busy. Hope you get some new slippers from Santa!

And it's now today! It is getting close. :):)

Yes. We got everything done today. The vet clipped his nails, gave the internal and external parasite treatment and signed off on 7001. I looked at it and realized that it needed a notation saying Pedro was a service dog. The tech had to redo the form and have the vet resign it. Then it was off to the USDA appointment. The weather was warm today, so it made traveling around that much nicer. Got there a little early, but the clerk took my documents. About 10 minutes later, he came back with them nod asked me for a Che k or money order. I looked at him and mentioned he was a service dog. Then had to point out the note on the form. Lucky that I had the tech redo it. Then I was off on my merry way...much faster appointment than last time.

Oh...one strange thing. I wasn't charged the fee for 7001 at the vet. Maybe it will catch up with me. Maybe, the vet waived the fee after all of the screw ups...? I'll keep you posted.

Oh, I got an email from the Princess access office. They said I could send the documents however I wanted. In the past, I had always faxed them in. Has anyone ever jus emailed their docs in?

Henri and I are headed on our first road trip tomorrow (with Hubby) - not a cruise yet. This will be our first long trip in the car and stay at a hotel. I am sure that she will do fine. We are headed to Southern California to our daughter's graduation from nursing school and I figured that as long as we were down there we might as well work in a couple of days at Disneyland.

Dianne

Henri and I are headed on our first road trip tomorrow (with Hubby) - not a cruise yet. This will be our first long trip in the car and stay at a hotel. I am sure that she will do fine. We are headed to Southern California to our daughter's graduation from nursing school and I figured that as long as we were down there we might as well work in a couple of days at Disneyland.

Dianne

Have a great trip, Dianne!

It looks like Chris and Raylene had quite an adventure trying to board Saturday:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2288308&page=6

Poor Raylene got her tail stepped on but sounds like she is doing fine now - someone made a bomb threat and delayed boarding for quite a while.

Wow, what a way to start off a cruise! Scary in this day and age. Poor Raylene! Why don't people watch where they're going? We normally pick Pedro up and carry him in a sling when in crowds, to keep him from getting kicked or stepped on. It's amazing the amount of times that I've had my cane kicked out from under me, because of a careless person. Are others that self absorbed? I love it when karma steps in and they trip over it...or did I just help that situation along. ;)

Is it just me, or do any of you have encountered similar situations?

We leave on Sunday for our cruise...and out of Miami as well. I hope we don't have any problems. It's been a few decades since I've sailed out of the port of Miami, so it will be a different experience for us. We usually sail out of Ft. Lauderdale or New York. I'm still wondering why this Princess ship isn't leaving from Port Everglades, but I won't lose sleep over it.

I have to make a list of all of the last minute things I have to do before we leave home on Friday. Ugh!