Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

54 minutes ago, rangeley said:

Who said???  Damn did I book that cruise? I'm already nauseated thinking about the flight. 🤢

Cindy, thank you so much for taking this long flight.  I promise to behave and not get into too much trouble!

I was going to take the first part of the two weeks by myself........I'm so happy that I have you, John and Oakland to keep me busy!  

I can't wait to see what Horton does when he sees Oakland, another CCI dog onboard with him.......he's going to be so happy.  We'll have to find an empty lounge and let them just let loose!  If it were Brenda it wouldn't be so much fun.......she was not a dog lover......Horton is totally the opposite, he loves dogs and loves to play!

3 hours ago, S.S. Cruisers said:

This second one is a picture of Jezzy Lou.  We were coming home from the dawgtor on Friday.  She got her annual shots, which are good for 3 years!  Wooo Hooo. 

IMG_0799[1].JPG

Hello sweet girl.......I'm so glad that you're doing well!  Sorry about the little imp that's invaded your life.....One day you'll be best friends, I promise!

20 minutes ago, wizard-of-roz said:

Cindy, thank you so much for taking this long flight.  I promise to behave and not get into too much trouble!

I was going to take the first part of the two weeks by myself........I'm so happy that I have you, John and Oakland to keep me busy!  

I can't wait to see what Horton does when he sees Oakland, another CCI dog onboard with him.......he's going to be so happy.  We'll have to find an empty lounge and let them just let loose!  If it were Brenda it wouldn't be so much fun.......she was not a dog lover......Horton is totally the opposite, he loves dogs and loves to play!

Haha Roz, Wexler didn't like other dogs either. Oakland loves them! 

1 hour ago, rangeley said:

Nancy pants, we were worried Oakland wouldn't be comfortable here. 

IMG_20190807_113719.jpg

IMG_20190807_105510.jpg

How cute is this......Horton will NOT go up on the couch because when I brought him home Brenda would give him a growl and a side-eye when he would attempt to lay next to her......she was so bossy and the couch belonged to her, and HER only!

2 hours ago, rangeley said:

Nancy pants, we were worried Oakland wouldn't be comfortable here. 

IMG_20190807_113719.jpg

IMG_20190807_105510.jpg

I think Halo and Oakland might be twins.  The coloring and the long legs are so similar.  Halo has, what looks like, a lighting bolt down his tail.  Kind of getting on the middle of his back also.

Linda and Halo

39 minutes ago, rpclmc said:

Halo loves sunbathing and thinks the loungers are his.

7-21 (2).JPG

3-25.JPG

Such a handsome dog.  He does remind me of Oakland. 

When I first went to CCI in 2000, all I could envision with me was a Yellow Lab.  Now, after two Black Labs, I can't picture me with a Yellow, not that I would ever say NO to one.

OMD (Oh My Dog)  I know I have said it before, but I think we have the most handsome and beautiful dawgs in the world.  Jezzy Lou is tolerating the obnoxious thing that moved into her house!  She has snapped him at least 5 times.  He is a slow learner when it comes to loving his sissy. He wants to play with her some bad he is beside himself.  It is getting better day by day.  Jezzy is allowed to go into Travis' room when she needs a breaks from the noisey little twit.  Jezzy actually brought one of her toys out and gave it to him this morning.  It was very cute.  Had to take it away from him because it is a stuffy and he will shred it.   Kong toys are on the grocery list.  

That is soooo exciting that Cindy, John and Oakland will be cruising together!  What a very special cruise that will be.  ❤️

2 hours ago, S.S. Cruisers said:

OMD (Oh My Dog)  I know I have said it before, but I think we have the most handsome and beautiful dawgs in the world.  Jezzy Lou is tolerating the obnoxious thing that moved into her house!  She has snapped him at least 5 times.  He is a slow learner when it comes to loving his sissy. He wants to play with her some bad he is beside himself.  It is getting better day by day.  Jezzy is allowed to go into Travis' room when she needs a breaks from the noisey little twit.  Jezzy actually brought one of her toys out and gave it to him this morning.  It was very cute.  Had to take it away from him because it is a stuffy and he will shred it.   Kong toys are on the grocery list.  

That is soooo exciting that Cindy, John and Oakland will be cruising together!  What a very special cruise that will be.  ❤️

Reading stories of the "Imp" and "Jezzy" are so much fun.  He has absolutely no idea how annoying he is!  Except, of course, when Jezzy lets him know!

If you've ever been lucky enough to witness CCI dogs playing together you'll understand how much fun it will be to watch Horton and Oakland when they meet and have a chance to interact with each other.  And, the totally opposite coloring of these two dogs will be stunning. 

I can't wait to finally meet Cindy and John.....we've shared so much over these many years through Cruise Critic, it'll be fun to actually be together.  We found out that Cindy's TA is an old acquaintance of mine who Morey and I cruised with years ago.......it's such a small world.  

Wow, go away for a few days and look what happens!  Roz, Horton, Cindy, John, and Oakland are planning to cruise together!! I’m jealous and would be rarin’ to go, too, if we weren’t already cruising with old friends out of Florida in November when you five set sail. You must promise to take lots of pictures. Can’t wait to hear how senior citizen Horty and young Oak get along.

Seven year-old Raylene’s best buddy, a two year-old CCI yellow Lab hearing dog named Firenze, came for a play date last Sunday when I invited my three girl pals (all of us adult-deafened with cochlear implants, two of us with service dogs) over for brunch. When these two Labs get together,  the toy herd gets thinned out. But they look so innocent and have so much fun together, I just laugh. 

This pic was taken in June when they destroyed the outside of a soft Kong toy squirrel, leaving only the rope in the middle. So far, the hard plastic red & blue one has survived their onslaught. But Firenze’s spending six days with us next month, so we’ll see if it lasts.

8DF0235E-F209-4627-86A6-EE89D59A76CF.jpeg

Edited by Caribbean Chris

2 hours ago, Caribbean Chris said:

Wow, go away for a few days and look what happens!  Roz, Horton, Cindy, John, and Oakland are planning to cruise together!! I’m jealous and would be rarin’ to go, too, if we weren’t already cruising with old friends out of Florida in November when you five set sail. You must promise to take lots of pictures. Can’t wait to hear how senior citizen Horty and young Oak get along.

Seven year-old Raylene’s best buddy, a two year-old CCI yellow Lab hearing dog named Firenze, came for a play date last Sunday when I invited my three girl pals (all of us adult-deafened with cochlear implants, two of us with service dogs) over for brunch. When these two Labs get together,  the toy herd gets thinned out. But they look so innocent and have so much fun together, I just laugh. 

This pic was taken in June when they destroyed the outside of a soft Kong toy squirrel, leaving only the rope in the middle. So far, the hard plastic red & blue one has survived their onslaught. But Firenze’s spending six days with us next month, so we’ll see if it lasts.

Omg they are so cute! That Firenze is so familiar to me for some reason. I have a friend in SC who has a hearing dog and seems maybe Firenze visited her at some point. 

And yes we are all cruising together. Where was everyone when I lost my mind and booked this cruise?? I've been on here with Roz from the beginning and always felt a connection with her, even though shes a crazy lady.  Lol  Wexler wasnt a good candidate for flying out to LA. But Oakland is so laid back, I think he will do fine. And he doesn't have to potty as much as Wexler. I'm more worried about me flying. I feel I've been in a panic since we booked. 

I cant wait to see the 2 dogs together!! These CCI dogs seem to know they came from the same place. I'm sure they will be quite popular on the ship. Lets just hope Oakland uses the box!! He didn't get it on the last cruise until the last few days. 

I'm excited and terrified at the same time. 

Cindy

3 minutes ago, rangeley said:

I cant wait to see the 2 dogs together!! These CCI dogs seem to know they came from the same place. I'm sure they will be quite popular on the ship. Lets just hope Oakland uses the box!! He didn't get it on the last cruise until the last few days. 

I'm excited and terrified at the same time. 

Cindy

That’s what keeps life interesting!

Maybe Oakland will observe elder statesman Horton using the box, take a sniff, and hop right in. ”Ebony & Ivory” are definitely going to be popular on your cruise!

6 hours ago, Caribbean Chris said:

That’s what keeps life interesting!

Maybe Oakland will observe elder statesman Horton using the box, take a sniff, and hop right in. ”Ebony & Ivory” are definitely going to be popular on your cruise!

I hope Horty can show Oakland how its done!! 

16 hours ago, Caribbean Chris said:

When and what ship?

I go on the Magic November 3-9 out of Fort Lauderdale.

Linda and Halo

13 hours ago, rangeley said:

I hope Horty can show Oakland how its done!! 

Since it's all he uses on a daily basis and he has to go potty every 3 hours, he surly is a pro.  My daughter brought over her snooty, little French Bulldog/Chi. mix, who will only pee on a pad and when he followed Horton out the sliding door to his potty box, he too was using the box..my daughter was shocked, as were the rest of us!  It was fun watching him climb up on the box and lift his little leg.

Oakland can watch Horty and before you know it he'll be the pro.

I know that ebony & ivory are going to love each other and will have a hard time when they're not together.  Horton may be older but he's such a character, Oakland will love playing with him!  I definitely plan on getting lots of professional pictures of the two of them together, as well as camera and phone shots.  It's going to be so cute to see them posing....the other passengers will love them.

Chris, I wondered where you were.  I love the picture of the two buds getting into trouble.

Cindy, I give you a lot of credit for flying across country with your small parade.  You're very brave!  I promise not to give you too much of a hard time!!!!  

6 hours ago, rpclmc said:

When and what ship?

I go on the Magic November 3-9 out of Fort Lauderdale.

Linda and Halo

Linda, we're on the Royal Princess, leaving out of L.A. on November 9-16 going to San Francisco, Monterey, San Diego and Ensenada Mexico.

I did the Magic with my daughter for two weeks to Hawaii.  It's a wonderful ship with a great crew.  

26 minutes ago, wizard-of-roz said:

Linda, we're on the Royal Princess, leaving out of L.A. on November 9-16 going to San Francisco, Monterey, San Diego and Ensenada Mexico.

I did the Magic with my daughter for two weeks to Hawaii.  It's a wonderful ship with a great crew.  

And Linda, we’re on the Celebrity Silhouette, November 14-22 out of Ft. Lauderdale - not long after your Magic cruise. 

Lots of November cruise adventures this year. Anybody else?

2 minutes ago, Caribbean Chris said:

And Linda, we’re on the Celebrity Silhouette, November 14-22 out of Ft. Lauderdale - not long after your Magic cruise. 

Chris, I'm going to stay onboard the Royal from the 16 - 23 going to the Mexican Riviera.  I'm hoping that Cindy and John will stay onboard with me.  My Granddaughter will be joining me but it would be so much more fun if we all did another week together.  Anybody out there want to jump onboard?

Do you think they will have 2 boxes? A stairway will not work for John. If theres 2 boxes, we might have Horton pee in our box to get Oakland going. 

I looked up Mexico and its only the health certificate? Thats easy!

Princess has this new Medallion thing instead of a key card. I was wondering if Roz has done this since I know how tech savvy she is? John and I did it. Also signed up for full internet, so we will be able to post some pics. 

Roz did you give your TA our reservation number so they can link us for dinner? We were waitlisted #6 but I think we are now confirmed. 

Edited by rangeley

7 hours ago, Caribbean Chris said:

November is going to be a busy month - we are just going to miss you by one day Chris. We will be coming in to Ft Lauderdale November 15th on the Edge Transatlantic from Rome. We are going to Venice first - a bit of pre-planning needed for a wheelchair and Service Dog! Paperwork will be easy this time as we will only need the Italian version of the EU Health Certificate.

Dianne

4 minutes ago, DUTRAVEL said:

November is going to be a busy month - we are just going to miss you by one day Chris. We will be coming in to Ft Lauderdale November 15th on the Edge Transatlantic from Rome. We are going to Venice first - a bit of pre-planning needed for a wheelchair and Service Dog! Paperwork will be easy this time as we will only need the Italian version of the EU Health Certificate.

Dianne

I want an update on everything you have to do.  I would so like to do Europe, but with a wheelchair and service dog I have been to intimidated to even try.

Linda and Halo