Where does Princess put the dead people?

bostonlass

Can someone tell me what "DF" or "DH" stands for?:rolleyes:

... See also: DS (dear son), DD (dear daughter), MIL/FIL (mother-/father-in-law), DIL/SIL (daughter-/son-in-law), FCOR (first cousin once removed), ATFO (Aunt Tessie from Omaha), ...

You get the idea! :D

I would still like to find definitive information on passenger deaths at sea. There seems to be significant disagreement.

I would think the NTSB should have that kind of information? And it must be public? Their website has a "Marine" section...

Or is that not the case since most ships are under foreign registry?

DF = Dear Fiancee...in my situation.

I can't believe how big this thread is and I'm starting to wish I could retitle it!!!

It is very interesting what goes on without public knowledge...I never even thought of a jail!! Wonder if they still get room service.

There must be a website somewhere with all of these funny (and not so funny) facts.

I would think the NTSB should have that kind of information? And it must be public? Their website has a "Marine" section...

Or is that not the case since most ships are under foreign registry?

I looked there first and they only have accidental deaths where a ship has an incident(like the Norway explosion). they would investigate any incident that occurs with a US flagged vessel or in US controlled waters. They wouldn't investigate a natural causes death, The USCoast Guard may also have some jurisdiction. Except for the Norway which they still haven't drawn any conclusions about, I don't think there has been a passenger fatality which they have investigated in a number of years...

Ok...now I'm getting nervous......*what* Norway explosion??!!??:eek:
There was an accident on the Norway in about May 2003, when a boiler exploded killing a number of crew. This happened in Miami. The ship was then taken out of service and is not now expected ever to cruise again. NCL is looking to sell her as a floating hotel or something similar.

Wow. I had no idea. Must have been under a rock when that happened. I always am amazed though that there have not yet (knock on wood) been any terrorist attacks on the cruise ships. I mean talk about what a slam dunk for them to get so many people at once. I guess it's because there are not just USA citizens on board.

Think that this Jones Act should be put down in 'Davey Jones Locker'.

It should be modernized or sent there. Yes after he was sent overboard we could have a big 'WAke on board that evening....all Cruise Crits invited.

With not being US citizen I cannot write to yor President about it...but you guys can.

Have found always get a nice reply when I write to Canadian Government...I even have a 3 page letter signed by our present Prime Minister when he was the Minister of Finance.

Smeyer now that you have the idea in Public Domain.....Princess will be pleased for the additional revenue and may add that to our final bill $5.00 as M&B. Actually didnot someone state that the' M 'was a special fridge in the kitchen ? I wonder why they didnot show that on the tour of the galley?

Can you imagine them saying this is were we store your body if you overeat and die at sea?????????

On a RCL cruise a couple of years ago a gentleman across the hall from us died while tubing in Jamaica. He was part of a large tour group located on our deck. Other members of the group said the cruise line was very gracious in assisting all in the situation.

For those who do not believe deaths happen on a cruise, just think of the ages of those on cruises. Then think of all the people you know who say if they had a terminal illness they would like to take one last cruise. I don't know how many die on an average cruise, and I don't really want to know, but I have no trouble believing it happens.

Better luck to all of us and our loved ones our next cruise.

Archived