Where do you go for Sailaway?

On our last and only cruise we were eating dinner and noticed the scenery moving by. This time we have a different dinner time and a balcony room. So I'm wondering-do we want to be on our balcony or is there a better place to celebrate that the cruise is underway?

Where do you go?

On our last and only cruise we were eating dinner and noticed the scenery moving by.

Oh my gosh, that is soo funny. The exact same thing happened to us 2 cruises ago - we were eating dinner inthe Dining Room, the fork was halfway to my mouth and my husband jumped up and said, "Let's go!!!" I don't know what we were thinking trying to eat dinner at the main seating when we were leaving port. :rolleyes:

Sailaway is fun on the upper decks - all the people and activity make it a fun place to be. We will often spend subsequent port sailaways on our balcony, but the first day we like to be on deck, wave to people as we leave, and just soak in the ambience of how we're finally on the cruise that we waited so long for and worked so hard for. Then, we enjoy a nice leisurely dinner in the Windjammer.

It's nice to be up on the pool deck, sipping a "sailaway" cocktail, listening to the band, and looking all around to see where we're leaving and where we're headed. I can't imagine viewing from anywhere else!

Usually, we are on the upper deck for the first evening's sailaway. We have also been on the heliopad in the front of the ship. Both are fun places to be. We are usually on our balcony when sailing away from ports of call.

On our first cruise we were in our cabin putting clothes away and we heard Anchors Away playing over the PA system. We looked at each other, grabbed my mom & dad and the kids and quickly found our way to an upper/outside deck to enjoy it.

Now were are always near a pool with a frozen thingee in hand as we sail. :)

Balcony could be nice, if you just want to enjoy your roommate - nothing wrong with that, BUT - I like watching all the people and getting the party started!

We usually have a group of Cruise Critic ( New ) friends who meet at an outside bar and start to get to know each other. Join a Roll Call for your cruise and get to know some of your fellow Shipmates ahead of time!!!!

Dennis

Normally we are on deck. This cruise we sailed out of Miami. Our balcony faced the highway it was so much fun cars were waving and beeping. Cars were actually stopping in the middle of the highway to waive and yell to us take photos. We had so much fun drinking a drink on our balcony and waiving back.

Hmmm, decisions...decisions. :eek:

This coming September 2nd we will be taking our 4th cruise, sailing on the Mariner. The first 2 cruises we partied on the pool deck and on the 3rd we celebrated on the bow...all of them sailing out of Miami.

We have a balcony for the very first time for September, so I'm tempted to do sailaway in private. BUT...I think we'll opt for the pool deck for Sunday evening...party time...let the vacation begin, etc and save the balcony for the ports. There decision made.

:D

On our last and only cruise we were eating dinner and noticed the scenery moving by. This time we have a different dinner time and a balcony room. So I'm wondering-do we want to be on our balcony or is there a better place to celebrate that the cruise is underway?

Where do you go?

Absolutely agree with everyone who says go to the top outside, nearest the pool deck so you can cheer with the crowds, wander from one side of the ship to the other with your sailaway cocktail, and dance to the sailaway music!:)

Definitely on the pool deck for the big sailaway after boarding. :cool:

The atmosphere is unbelievable -- a great way to get your cruise started on the right foot!

It's even more fun when you are meeting new CC friends for the first time for a pre meet n mingle party!

And of course, that is when you need a Mango Tango in hand, to toast the beginning of a great cruise. :D

When we leave from the various ports during the cruise, we are almost always on our balcony, but that first one is different. :)

Usually, we are on the upper deck for the first evening's sailaway. We have also been on the heliopad in the front of the ship. Both are fun places to be. We are usually on our balcony when sailing away from ports of call.

DITTO.

Archived