Mariner 9/5 entertainment list - recoginze anyone?

jrm9999

I received the following entertainment list for the 9/5 Mariner sailing. I do not recognize any of them. Does anyone know anything about them? Are any a "don't miss"?

September 5 through September 12 EASTERN CARIBBEAN [PT. CANAVERAL] - 7 NIGHTS

ROGER BEHR SINGER IMPRESSIONIST

HAL FRAZIER SINGER

MAX DOCELLI COMIC

ED REGINE COMIC

MICHELLE MATLOCK KROOZE KOMIC

CHRISTINA GELSONE KROOZE KOMIC

DUO CLAUDIO BALANCING ACT

ALEXI & OLGA ICE ACT - AERIAL DUO

DENNY PHELPS COCKTAIL PIANIST

BERNIE GRIFFITH PUB ENTERTAINER

CONJUNTO BRAVO LATIN TRIO

ODYSEA SHOWBAND

The cruise director will be Kirk Detweiler.

We just had Roger Behr and Ed Regine on our Serenade cruise (8/1). I thought (and so did DH) Ed Regine was definitely better than Roger Behr. I think I actually saw Roger Behr back on the Explorer in August of '02.

Well I know something about Hal Frazier....he has been around for years and we have always enjoyed his shows. If you closed your eyes, you would think you were hearing Nat King Cole (in case you are old enough to remember him).

He lives in Miami, has been on Royal Caribbean for at least 10 years, and if I recall correctly, likes rum & coke. He is a very nice fellow and puts on a good show.

LOL! I guess you have a group just as notable as the group we're having on 9/19. Let's hope we will enjoy their offerings:D .

At least on 9/19 you have the Knudeson Brothers. They are pretty cool to see if you have not seen them before. I saw them on the NOS last labor day weekend. We had never heard of them before and we not even going to go to the show, but glad we did now.

Well I know something about Hal Frazier....he has been around for years and we have always enjoyed his shows. If you closed your eyes, you would think you were hearing Nat King Cole (in case you are old enough to remember him).

He lives in Miami, has been on Royal Caribbean for at least 10 years, and if I recall correctly, likes rum & coke. He is a very nice fellow and puts on a good show.

I've seen him before too and liked him. Entertaining, as well as a good singer.

I just came off the July 25 sailing of Mariner and the permanent cruise director is Kirk Detweiler. He is great and it was his first week back after taking 3 months off. Becky was temporary and had taken his place while he was on vacation. He told me Becky was not permanently on a ship and fills in on ships as needed.

I too would like to know how you find out the "entertainment lineup". Not that it really matters as we will be on the ship and then decide whether to go or not. Some of the best shows we have ever seen are by performers we have never heard of but it would be kind of cool to know ahead of time. Of course, this is never guaranteed. Many years ago we were supposed to have Captain and Tenille but she got sick the day before they were supposed to come onboard so we didn't have them. Are the lineups posted somewhere or did you email RCI?

We saw Alexi & Olga in the ice show on the Mariner in May. They do a really cool costume changing/magic-like routine toward the end of the show. (I should note, I have not seen the ice show on the other Voyager-class sihps that I've been on, so maybe this is standard?? They made it sound like these 2 were special guests and therefore adding something extra to the normal show...)

- PAGA

4 Celebrity Cruises

4 Royal Caribbean Cruises (and 2 more booked for '04)

I just came off the July 25 sailing of Mariner and the permanent cruise director is Kirk Detweiler. He is great and it was his first week back after taking 3 months off. Becky was temporary and had taken his place while he was on vacation. He told me Becky was not permanently on a ship and fills in on ships as needed.

Thanks for the info on Becky. Now I'm sad. She is a great CD and needs a full-time gig.

We saw Alexi & Olga in the ice show on the Mariner in May. They do a really cool costume changing/magic-like routine toward the end of the show. (I should note, I have not seen the ice show on the other Voyager-class sihps that I've been on, so maybe this is standard?? They made it sound like these 2 were special guests and therefore adding something extra to the normal show...)
I saw them also on the Mariner in May. Their costume changing act was so cool. I still can't figure out how they did it.

How did you find out what the entertainment lineup would be?? Inquiring mins want to know??

Thanks - Jim M

Go to rccl.com and fill out the contact us form. Give them you ship and sailing date and tell them you want to know the entertainment lineup and cruise director. You can also e-mail but I don't know the address.

BTW - they are usually not to speedy in responding. It can sometimes be a week or two before they respond.

How was Kirk on this sailing? I seem to read a lot of mixed reviews about him. Some like him and some thing he is the worst. This will be my first sailing with him butiIf he is not liked so much I am surprised they keep him.

What happened to Becky Thomson as the CD on the Mariner? We had her in May and she was wonderful! I was hoping she'd be the CD permanently. How often do the CD's switch ships? Anybody know what ship Becky is on now? Thanks!

I was actually looking forward to seeing Becky. She has gotten rave reviews from everyone. I don't think I have read about anyone not liking her.

We saw Hal Frazier on the Radiance, and he has a fantastic voice! He told a row of young kids sitting in the front that he knew this wasn't their kind of music, but if they stayed for one song, his feelings wouldn't be hurt if they left after that. They stayed for the whole performance! I wouldn't mind seeing him again.

I was on the Mariner in April and Kirk was the CD then as well. Didn't care to much for him, but he thought very highly of himself.

We had Kurt on the AOS and didn't care for him either. When we found out that he would be on the Mariner, we almost changed ships. We were pleasantly surprised to fine Becky "Hello Luv" (this saying did get old by the end of the week) on our sailing 7/18. it was her last week before Kurt came back. Whew!!! I too think she deserves her own ship. That girl has energy!

As for Kurt, he is an excellent CD, but his bed side manner (one on one with passengers) is lacking. He also had this scratchy voice that grated on my nerves. I think that if Kurt had not reminded me of an acquaintance, that I do not care for, he would have been fine.

Archived