NCL Mastercard FAQ

Host CMLA

Oh yes, Happy Holidays everyone! I am fortunate that once I purchase another $400 in grocery gift cards in the morning(I have already purchased $1800) that I will be able to receive my first and last $500 certificate. I am thankful for so many things...mostly my wonderful grandkids, at least 1/2 of their parents and that I can pay off my credit card every month and still have 4 -5 months of grocery and gas paid for.

Happy Holiday, y'all!!!

3 points per $1 for grocers, drugstores, gasoline; 2 points for everything else & I get 10 points per stay at Hilton Hotels (any of them) or dinner at their restaurant.

Is there an annual fee?

I'm still searching for what card to use after Dec. 31st.

I will in the mean time use my AMEX Delta skymiles and my Disney Card. Not great rewards tough.

3 points per $1 for grocers, drugstores, gasoline; 2 points for everything else & I get 10 points per stay at Hilton Hotels (any of them) or dinner at their restaurant.

Hilton HHonors points required for a free reward night range between 7,500 points for an Opportunity Category hotel and and 80,000 points for the Waldorf=Astoria CollectionTM. Free nights are defined by Hilton HHonors in the Hilton HHonors program Terms and Conditions. Visit hiltonhhonors.com for complete information on reward stays and program Terms and Conditions.

http://hhonors1.hilton.com/en_US/hh/rewards/index.do?it=Not,TnavRewards

Cruises

When it's time to get away, reward yourself with an unforgettable cruise vacation. Hilton HHonors provides exciting cruise rewards for even the most discriminating traveler.

CruisesOnly

Set sail with CruisesOnly, America's largest cruise agency. CruisesOnly works with every major cruise line in the world and offers up to 75% off on over 6,500 sailings. It's a whole new way to see the world with your points. Dream up your favorite destination, search for available cruises and redeem your HHonors points for a CruisesOnly reward certificate.

Reward Certificate

Total Points Needed

Reward Code

$250

CRON1

$500

CRON2

$1,000

CRON3

Embark on your next luxurious adventure today.

Carnival Cruises

Ready to recharge? Choose the fun-filled activities of the Carnival "Fun Ships". 'Today's Carnival' features expanding dining choices, children's programming, spa facilities plus shipboard wedding options. Carnival rewards are outside cabins with an ocean view and are available through April 2, 2009.

Reward cruises are only offered on specific sail dates. Please click here for the reward options and sail dates. Subject to availability.

It appears that if you want to use these points for cruises, you are limited, and must book through Cruises Only (unless you want one of the few Carnival Cruises offered through April, 2009).... Also, if you average out your points for spending, unless you stay in hotels frequently, it is probalbly about 2.5%, but the rewards chart for Cruises Only makes it look like it will 240,000 points to get $500 in cruise credit! If I charge $60,000 per year on this card, I get 1500 points.....at that rate it would take me 16 YEARS TO EARN $500 WORTH OF CRUISE CREDIT (is my math correct?)!!!!!

I have 1176 pts to date with a cruise booked for sept 09 that I need 1197 pts for final payment. I spent 1 hour on the phone with NCL & BofA asking how the OLD points will be redeemed. Under the old plan where I'll be paying 200.00 to pay off the cruise (since I would be loosing the 176 in pts) or under the NEW plan where I'll need apprx 230,000 pts to get my 7 day balcony cruise paid for. NO ONE could any my question. I have looked everywhere but no answer.

Has anyone seen writing that shows our old point program will be honored under the OLD reward program & not the new program?

I have 1176 pts to date with a cruise booked for sept 09 that I need 1197 pts for final payment. I spent 1 hour on the phone with NCL & BofA asking how the OLD points will be redeemed. Under the old plan where I'll be paying 200.00 to pay off the cruise (since I would be loosing the 176 in pts) or under the NEW plan where I'll need apprx 230,000 pts to get my 7 day balcony cruise paid for. NO ONE could any my question. I have looked everywhere but no answer.

Has anyone seen writing that shows our old point program will be honored under the OLD reward program & not the new program?

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=CompassRewardsFAQ

You will be mailed two $500 certificates and one $100 (upgrade) certificate in January (perhaps more if you have more charges posting between now and Dec 31. Those certificates will be good for two years, but must be applied in 2009. If you are sailing in Sept 2009, just use these as part of your final payment, and if you happen to earn another $100 upgrade certificate and there are two of you in the cabin, then you can upgrade if you want. The above link explains everything (almost).

Haven't checked in for a while...I've been busy shopping. Many things we won't need for a while and 6 points left to go. If my electric bill doesn't post soon I will be back out trying to make sure everything posts well before the 31st so I can sleep at night. Will need to make a few more charges on my card in January for the few things that have to be returned. :eek: My hubby is having a problem understanding why those things are still around since I usually return the things I won't need long before Christmas. Guess that's what Christmas bonuses are for? :D

Monday someone showed me a one day deal for a full rebate on Quickbooks so I spent almost $200 and will get back all but the tax. Sorry I never got a chance to post that deal. I don't necessarily need the program but it got me closer to my goal and I'm sure I can find someone who can use it. Hope everyone bought cards for stores that will still be with us 2009. My kids usually exchange gift cards but decided to only include gifts for the kids this year so no one gets burnt. With all these cards we will be prepared for that unexpected friend that comes bearing gifts. ;)

Happy Holiday to everyone and hopefully we can some day find a card that will give us a better deal than the new, exciting Worldpoints card. :mad:

I reached my goal on Dec. 11 and just got my new online statement showing 2002 points. I have not and will not use this card again. I am now getting AA miles with all their cards. thanks for all the advice from these boards

I reached my goal on Dec. 11 and just got my new online statement showing 2002 points. I have not and will not use this card again. I am now getting AA miles with all their cards. thanks for all the advice from these boards

Yeah! 2000 points! Where will you cruise with NCL in the next two years??

I have a question about the names on the $500 certificates. We booked 2 rooms with me in one room, & my DH, who is an authorized user on the card, in a 2nd room. I am the primary card user. When I asked to have 3 certificates sent, I told them to put both names on it, but was told they didn't have that option, but thought all card users would be listed. So of course, when the certificates arrived, they're all in my name. I will be receiving one more at the end of the month. I want to use 3 certificates on one room (mine) & the other one on my DH room. I've seen other threads where people were talking about the names on the certificates, but HOW do I get his name on one? My time line is very short here. Thanks for any info.

I am sure this has been asked/answered somewhere, somehow on this board, but I want to ask the question as it pertains to me. I owe $3129. for my cruise. If I pay $3000 on my NCL card today, I will earn 120 points. This will put me over the amount needed for 500 points=$500 voucher. It will also leave a $129 balance not due until March. I am leaving the balance so that if the price drops, I am still elligible for the drop as well. When I request my certificate and I send it in with for my final payment there will be an overage of $371. Do they credit my NCL card or what happens to that overage?

TIA for your help.

I am sure this has been asked/answered somewhere, somehow on this board, but I want to ask the question as it pertains to me. I owe $3129. for my cruise. If I pay $3000 on my NCL card today, I will earn 120 points. This will put me over the amount needed for 500 points=$500 voucher. It will also leave a $129 balance not due until March. I am leaving the balance so that if the price drops, I am still elligible for the drop as well. When I request my certificate and I send it in with for my final payment there will be an overage of $371. Do they credit my NCL card or what happens to that overage?

TIA for your help.

In the past, they have credited the NCL card. No guarantees now about how they will handle this....................

Thanks for your quick responses. They were just what I expected..."who knows now?":confused: I guess it is worth the risk. I have to pay the balance of the trip eventually. And that is the ONLY way I can get that many points so quickly or at least the most sensible way. If they credit me GREAT if they don't I would have had wasted points anyway. So since I like to gamble, here goes!!:D

I was notified today by my agent that my 3x$500 certificates were applied towards $1200 final payment and now I am 'paid in full'. I, however, do not see the difference of $300 been credited to my CC account. May be it takes time (how long ???) or may be I will never see it.

I sent the certificates over to NCL on 12/10, I got notified on 12/16 that I am paid in full, I got the difference credited back to CC on 12/22.

My statement just closed, 4 days earlier than date I requested with 998 points. Does anyone remember where it was posted that the points would go until 12/31? :eek: I had an additional 5 points worth of charges left pending on my statement. Enough to bring me to 1000 plus not effect my points for the few things I need to return for credit after the 1st. :confused: I called before I read all the fine print and had my statement date changed to the 30th of the month. :mad:

My statement just closed, 4 days earlier than date I requested with 998 points. Does anyone remember where it was posted that the points would go until 12/31? :eek: I had an additional 5 points worth of charges left pending on my statement. Enough to bring me to 1000 plus not effect my points for the few things I need to return for credit after the 1st. :confused: I called before I read all the fine print and had my statement date changed to the 30th of the month. :mad:

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=CompassRewardsFAQ

Also, see my post #1443 in this thread!!!

Will my point balance on the 31st be what I have been awarded through my Dec statement or will it include the balance of what I spent through the 31st? I've read it several times and it could be taken either way.

From the link cbreeze provided:

What if my billing cycle ends mid-month?

You will continue accruing Compass Rewards points through December 31, 2008, regardless of when your December billing cycle ends.

and

How many certificates will I receive?

Based on your points balance as of December 31, 2008, you will receive certificates in usual increments of 100 and 500 points toward a stateroom upgrade and/or a discount on your cruise.

so I'd guess BoA will take your Dec statement point ending balance PLUS any additional Dec charges that were made after the Dec statement and send cert(s).

Thank you Marlissa.

I thought I had read that somewhere but in my state of panic I did not see it again. I called the number on my credit card and after the the girl said that changing the closing date on my statement to the 30th had been tried and failed several times :eek: but the closing date doesn't have anything to do with the rewards points. Wasn't quite sure if she was just saying that to get rid of me? :( Hopefully this is true and I haven't spent all this extra $$$ for nothing. :confused: Luckily I have an extra seasonal job that starts next week so I will have some extra $$$ coming in to replace the money I spent.:D To date I have paid one $12 charge to get my payment posted on time and no interest...and this will make $2500 in cert (I was slow to catch onto the Compass Rewards card)...they must really like me...:p

Edited by kdg51

Will my point balance on the 31st be what I have been awarded through my Dec statement or will it include the balance of what I spent through the 31st? I've read it several times and it could be taken either way.

Just to clarify.... It is not clear when you will be able to confirm the final points balance, if ever... You would usually have to wait until your January closing date to get the points balance online, by phone, or on your mailed statement. Since they are changing the program, I do not know if the final points balance can be accessed on January 1 or your January closing date or not at all. That is why I suggested saving all the info.........

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that BOA is holding more transactions in "pending" status longer now? Could it be that they're holding off so the points will count toward the new program instead of the old program??:confused:

Hmmmmmmmmmm . . . .

Sea Hound

I just received 2 $500 Compass reward certificates. I didn't wait till the end of the month as I am planning to book the Majesty out of Charleston soon. BTW, Only 1 year on the expiration.

The question I have is, since I have no desire to earn world points, do I have to use the BofA card for booking to use the compass certificates. I'd like to use a Visa and the OBC offer , then send the compass reward certificates to pay the balance.

Edited by asylum575

I just received 2 $500 Compass reward certificates. I didn't wait till the end of the month as I am planning to book the Majesty out of Charleston soon. BTW, Only 1 year on the expiration.

The question I have is, since I have no desire to earn world points, do I have to use the BofA card for booking to use the compass certificates. I'd like to use a Visa and the OBC offer , then send the compass reward certificates to pay the balance.

No. You may use whatever credit card you wish when you make your reservations, or when you make any payments to NCL.