NCL Mastercard FAQ

Host CMLA

Can someone refesh my memory on what the use/travel dates are for the $500 compass certificates that were sent out when the program closed down?

This is what is posted now. Check the epiration date on your certificates for the date that you must book the cruise by. If you received all of yours in the last mailing in February, then these rules apply, and you must book and APPLY (send in) the certificates to the booking before January 31, 2010. If some were received prior to that, you must USE them by the expiration date:

What happens to the Compass Reward points that I have already earned?

You will receive Compass Reward Certificates by February, 2009, based on your Compass Rewards point balance on December 31, 2008. You may redeem these certificates for either a cruise discount or stateroom upgrade as you have done in the past. Simply book your cruise before the certificates expire; your travel date may occur after the expiration date but before January 31, 2011.

Print the info on this link and keep it with your Compass Reward points. :)

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=CompassRewardsFAQ

Edited by c breeze
Changed content

Thank you for the information. Two of the certificates I hold have to be booked and used by Dec 9, 2009 as they were sent out by Bank of America. The other three were sent out by NCL after the program closed and have the later book/travel expiration date.

I got my change in terms day before yesterday. Called and closed the account right away. FYI - If you call the special phone number they give you to freeze your rate you are NOT closing your account. If sometime in the future you use the card by mistake or have an automatic payment come out of it, they consider that agreeing to the new terms. I called the regular customer service number to close the account.

when they give more respect to illegal aliens than good customers. AMEX & Citi seem to be the best.

Then we get another dose of Delta Airlines as I try to use the rest of our 200,000 Skymiles to Hawaii to cruise in an $800 AFT BA. But no dice on a good selling flight. CASH ONLY THEY SAY.

when they give more respect to illegal aliens than good customers. AMEX & Citi seem to be the best.

Then we get another dose of Delta Airlines as I try to use the rest of our 200,000 Skymiles to Hawaii to cruise in an $800 AFT BA. But no dice on a good selling flight. CASH ONLY THEY SAY.

Huh?

Hi,

Now for the 500 dollar question:

Will the rewards coupon still be good if i cancel my NCL card?

There is no reason why the Compass Reward Certificates would not be honored if you cancel you NCL card. Once they are earned they are as good as cash on NCL. The only reason the Compass Reward Certificates would not be "good" was if NCL went out of business, or if you did not book/use them by the specified dates. Happy sailing!

If you're all canceling your B of A NCL cards, what do you recommend for a perks-type charge card. We do not do a whole lot of flying, so miles for that deal wouldn't be advantageous for us.

Thanks.

Check out Capital One No Hassel Miles for Ultra Professionals. The "miles" can be used for any type of travel (cruises) merchandise or cash back. I posted lots of info about this card earlier in this thread. Earn 2% on everything. Amex Blue Cash or Amex Costco (if you are a Costco member) are also good cards, but lots of places don't take Amex...:(

Also, consider keeping the NCL card and only usinging once every few months:

7 mistakes that trash your credit:

1. Close credit card accounts

2. Let credit cards collect dust

3. Run up high balances

4. Apply for new credit repeatedly

5. Don't pay fines or non-credit-card bills

6. Ignore mistakes on your report

7. Make late payments or skip them entirely

Check out Capital One No Hassle Miles for Ultra Professionals. The "miles" can be used for any type of travel (cruises) merchandise or cash back.

Cbreeze,

I called Cap One and asked about the NoHassleMiles Ultra and they said you need to have enough earned "miles" (2 miles for each dollar) to pay for a cruise in full.

If the cruise cost $4000, you would need to pay for it with enough earned miles.... is that right?

Thanks.

Cbreeze,

I called Cap One and asked about the NoHassleMiles Ultra and they said you need to have enough earned "miles" (2 miles for each dollar) to pay for a cruise in full.

If the cruise cost $4000, you would need to pay for it with enough earned miles.... is that right?

Thanks.

. 2% return on all purchases. "Miles" can be used for any travel, or can be credited back to your card for any other purchases. There is no need to have a brokerage account with this one.

Capital One No Hassle MilesSM Ultra for Professionals

Annual fee-$39

2 miles per $1 spent on purchases

Miles Redemption Info for Travel:

Simply add two zeros to the price of your travel purchase, then trade in that number of miles to pay for it.

Examples: $180 flight = 18,000 miles

$100 hotel room = 10,000 miles

Travel easy with No Hassle MilesSM

Book your travel any way you choose

Use your card for airfare, cruise tickets, hotel stays, or rental cars from ANY website or travel agency.

Redeem your miles

Redeem your miles online or by phone to get reimbursed for your purchase.

Receive a statement credit

Your account will be credited for the purchase, and you will see that credit on your statement.

The choice is yours. Redeem your miles for:

Travel: Enjoy using your miles for flights, hotel stays, cruises, car rentals, and all other travel purchases.

Merchandise: Get name-brand electronics, sporting equipment, and more.

Charitable Donations: Donate your miles—it always feels good to help.

Statement Credit: You can also use your miles to pay for other non-travel purchases you've made with your Capital One® Card.

http://www.capitalone.com/creditcards/products/details/?sol=10925&tc=2&credit=0&linkid=WWW_0608_CARD_TGUNS01_CCPM_C2_05_T_CP92502EW

If your cruise cost is $4,000, and you would need 400,000 miles to pay for it in full. If you have only earned 150,000 miles then you could just apply those miles to the trip, and then your out of pocket would be $2,500 instead of $4,000. This would work much like the compass rewards certificates worked except you earn 2% instead of 3%, but do not need to redeem in $500 increments and there are no certificates; you just have to make sure you request the credit back to your credit card within (I think it's ) 60 days of the charge posting, (it may be 90 days.. so check the details).

Hope this clears things up a bit. :)

If your cruise cost is $4,000, and you would need 400,000 miles to pay for it in full. If you have only earned 150,000 miles then you could just apply those miles to the trip, and then your out of pocket would be $2,500 instead of $4,000. Hope this clears things up a bit. :)

Yes thank you. The rep I spoke with seemed unsure about a use of miles as a partial (not full price of $4000) refund on the cruise price. She said you would need enough earned miles to pay for the cruise/flight etc. I will call back and hopefully speak with someone who can confirm how you and I thought the miles worked.

Edited by Us2inFL

Yes thank you. The rep I spoke with seemed unsure about a use of miles as a partial (not full price of $4000) refund on the cruise price. She said you would need enough earned miles to pay for the cruise/flight etc. I will call back and hopefully speak with someone who can confirm how you and I thought the miles worked.

How can I review and redeem my rewards—or get help if I have questions?

If you are already a Capital One rewards credit card customer, you can access your rewards information online anytime at http://www.capitalone.com/milesrewards, or call our Rewards Center toll-free at 1-800-228-3001, Monday—Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m., and Saturday-Sunday, from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., ET.

When can I start redeeming?

Rewards are available for redemption once they are posted to your account determined by your program rules.

Can I redeem a portion of my No Hassle Rewards and keep adding to the remaining balance?

Yes, you can redeem any or all of your available rewards whenever you'd like, provided your account is open and in good standing.

Statement Credit: You can also use your miles to pay for other non-travel purchases you've made with your Capital One® Card.

Check out Capital One No Hassel Miles for Ultra Professionals. The "miles" can be used for any type of travel (cruises) merchandise or cash back. I posted lots of info about this card earlier in this thread. Earn 2% on everything. Amex Blue Cash or Amex Costco (if you are a Costco member) are also good cards, but lots of places don't take Amex...:(

Also, consider keeping the NCL card and only usinging once every few months:

7 mistakes that trash your credit:

1. Close credit card accounts

2. Let credit cards collect dust

3. Run up high balances

4. Apply for new credit repeatedly

5. Don't pay fines or non-credit-card bills

6. Ignore mistakes on your report

7. Make late payments or skip them entirely

Yeah, I know I did #1 but I just wanted to close them out. My credit score is high and I don't need any credit any time soon so I'm, not worried about the hit on the score.

The no hassel card gave me way more credit then I would ever need in a life time. :rolleyes:

Edited by judyf

I'm in a bit of a pickle. I've been looking at the Transatlantic on the Jewel (that leaves this Friday) but inside cabins were no longer available. I checked the NCL website last night and there were insides available. I still have my $500 Compass Certificate and this transatlantic was really the only cruise I'd want to use it for. I have never gone through the process of redeeming a certificate and I have a few (urgent) questions and I would be grateful for any responses.

1. I would be traveling solo and the cost for an inside cabin is less than the value of my certificate. Can I send in my certificate as full payment for the cruise and have the excess either credited to my credit card or as an OBC?

2. Since the cruise leaves in 3 days is this even enough time to use the certificate even if I have them overnighted to NCL or my TA, whomever I decide to book with?

Thanks in advance. I really hope I can work this out because I want to go back to England to see my boyfriend!

I'm in a bit of a pickle. I've been looking at the Transatlantic on the Jewel (that leaves this Friday) but inside cabins were no longer available. I checked the NCL website last night and there were insides available. I still have my $500 Compass Certificate and this transatlantic was really the only cruise I'd want to use it for. I have never gone through the process of redeeming a certificate and I have a few (urgent) questions and I would be grateful for any responses.

1. I would be traveling solo and the cost for an inside cabin is less than the value of my certificate. Can I send in my certificate as full payment for the cruise and have the excess either credited to my credit card or as an OBC?

2. Since the cruise leaves in 3 days is this even enough time to use the certificate even if I have them overnighted to NCL or my TA, whomever I decide to book with?

Thanks in advance. I really hope I can work this out because I want to go back to England to see my boyfriend!

UPDATE: I called NCL and spoke to a nice lady who answered my questions. She said I would be able to use the certificate on such short notice but I'd have to pay in full now and the cost would be credited to card once the certificates were received. She said any part of the certificate that wasn't used would be lost and wouldn't be credited back to my credit card or applied as an OBC.

Now I just have to decide whether or not I have enough time to get all my affairs in order by Thurs-Fri and if I should book this cruise.

UPDATE: I called NCL and spoke to a nice lady who answered my questions. She said I would be able to use the certificate on such short notice but I'd have to pay in full now and the cost would be credited to card once the certificates were received. She said any part of the certificate that wasn't used would be lost and wouldn't be credited back to my credit card or applied as an OBC.

Now I just have to decide whether or not I have enough time to get all my affairs in order by Thurs-Fri and if I should book this cruise.

I hope it works for you. Good luck

If you look back in this thread, you will see that a few people were able to get $34 credit per upgrade cert, when they mailed them in with the $500 certs. This is not standard policy and they normally cannot be used together, but I think was a good will gesture on the part of NCL since the program has ended. Look back in the thread to get the info,and see if they will do this for your daughter.

Thanks! The TA is working to see what she can do. Sounds like she is spending a lot of time "on hold" with NCL.

Cruise Fair: $2205

Paid Deposit: $500

Sent NCL 4 Compass rewards, $2000 total

5 weeks no refund of the difference.

I was expecting to see a $295 credit on the credit card.

Should I wait or call the TA or Call NCL?

Thanks.