NCL Mastercard FAQ

Host CMLA

Thank you for mentioning that fee. I glanced at it and decided that didn't apply to me but it could. I doubt it would apply to Alaska but in the future it could be a problem. I remember getting something a couple of years ago about some of the merchants charging a fee and there was a lawsuit but never heard anymore about it so maybe that is why they informed us of the change. I'm assuming that it would not affect our charges to our onboard account?

Thank you for mentioning that fee. I glanced at it and decided that didn't apply to me but it could. I doubt it would apply to Alaska but in the future it could be a problem. I remember getting something a couple of years ago about some of the merchants charging a fee and there was a lawsuit but never heard anymore about it so maybe that is why they informed us of the change. I'm assuming that it would not affect our charges to our onboard account?

I'm sure it won't apply to on-board accounts but they're forcing me to take another credit card to use in Bermuda!

Sea Hound:D

I just got around to opening a letter from NCL BOA that explains changes to our accounts. Did anyone else notice the new "foreign transaction" fees? Has this always been there?

As I read this, every transaction processed outside the US (like on my upcoming Bermuda cruise) will automatically have a fee added that is 3% of the total transaction.

Did I miss this before?

Sea Hound:D

I saw that too. I don't remember it being there before. I think it is a new fee. Glad it came when it did. DW is on her way to Germany with her mother so she'll be sure not to use this card...

I got the following from NCL today. Probably many of you did too. It says 4x the points but the example has only 2x the points. What's up with that????

Limited Time Offer.

Book any NCL cruise between now and May 31, 2009, using your NCL MasterCard credit card with WorldPoints rewards and receive four times the points. For example, if you spend $2,000, you'll earn 8,000 points instead of the usual 4,000 points. It's the Freestyle way to earn points, all for simply using your credit card.

Normally, if you spend $1, you get 1 point. If you spend $1 on NCL, you get 2 points. So if you spend $1 on the current promotion, you get $4. Therefore,if you spend $2000, you get 8000 points. Interestingly enough, that's what we used to get before they "upgraded" the program to World points. I wonder if they're finally feeling the pinch of people quitting the card. Did this come in an email?

Edited by Birdnutty
wrong math

This was posted on a different thread--------------

Looks like you don't get the points until after you've cruised. I was thinking of paying off my cruise with the card to get enough points for an OBC but it won't do me any good after my cruise is over. Also it says new bookings only.

Offer limited to 10,000 points maximum per booking, one booking allowed per cardholder per cruise. Book window for offer is 5/1/09 - 5/31/09. Earned points will be added to a guest account after completion of the cruise. Offer based on dollar amount applied to the reservation within the booking window of the promotion. Cancellation may result in forfeiture of WorldPoints special offer. Offer is for new individual bookings only. Points cannot be redeemed for cash and are non-transferable. Standard payment option applies. Guests who cancel and rebook must accept this promotion's Terms and Conditions. Cancellation Fees for cruise, air, land and other charges will follow NCL schedule listed in the brochure and website. Cancellation Fees also apply based on the booking/sailing date; therefore, NCL strongly recommends the purchase of Travel Protection on all bookings. Offer limited to 10,000 points maximum per booking, one booking allowed per cardholder per cruise. Book window for offer is 5/1/09 - 5/31/09. Earned points will be added to a guest account after completion of the cruise. Offer based on dollar amount applied to the reservation within the booking window of the promotion. Cancellation may result in forfeiture of WorldPoints special offer. Offer is for new individual bookings only. Points cannot be redeemed for cash and are non-transferable. Standard payment option applies. Guests who cancel and rebook must accept this promotion's Terms and Conditions. Cancellation Fees for cruise, air, land and other charges will follow NCL schedule listed in the brochure and website. Cancellation Fees also apply based on the booking/sailing date; therefore, NCL strongly recommends the purchase of Travel Protection on all bookings.

Check out Capital One No Hassel Miles for Ultra Professionals. Also, consider keeping the NCL card and only usinging once every few months:

7 mistakes that trash your credit:

1. Close credit card accounts

2. Let credit cards collect dust

3. Run up high balances

4. Apply for new credit repeatedly

5. Don't pay fines or non-credit-card bills

6. Ignore mistakes on your report

7. Make late payments or skip them entirely

I don't usually air complaints here on the CC boards, but this one is a real slap in the face.

I applied for the Capital One "No Hassle" card to replace the NCL Bank of America card we use for almost all purchases. I got a letter back saying "because of the state of the economy, they are not processing any new applications for Florida at this time."

They never ran a credit check on me, just sent out a blanket rejection. This coming from the company that invented the "secured" line of credit card where you put money on account just in case you didn't pay your card bill.

I have a FICO score of 804, and have never had a single mark on my credit that was negative. Without going into the numbers, I earn a hefty monthly salary, my mortgage is six years ahead of schedule, and I have a credit limit with NCL of $80,000 where the balance is paid in full monthly.

So I say kiss-off Capital One, you missed issuing a card to a good person at no risk!

(edited to add: BP gas stations in my area just started charging five cents more for credit card purchases. I went online and applied for a BP Chase card and was immediately approved for an $8000 line of credit.)

Edited by Us2inFL

I don't usually air complaints here on the CC boards, but this one is a real slap in the face.

I applied for the Capital One "No Hassle" card to replace the NCL Bank of America card we use for almost all purchases. I got a letter back saying "because of the state of the economy, they are not processing any new applications for Florida at this time."

They never ran a credit check on me, just sent out a blanket rejection. This coming from the company that invented the "secured" line of credit card where you put money on account just in case you didn't pay your card bill.

I have a FICO score of 804, and have never had a single mark on my credit that was negative. Without going into the numbers, I earn a hefty monthly salary, my mortgage is six years ahead of schedule, and I have a credit limit with NCL of $80,000 where the balance is paid in full monthly.

So I say kiss-off Capital One, you missed issuing a card to a good person at no risk!

(edited to add: BP gas stations in my area just started charging five cents more for credit card purchases. I went online and applied for a BP Chase card and was immediately approved for an $8000 line of credit.)

OMG! After telling everyone else to apply for this card, I still haven't gotten around to it, and have been using another card in the interim. Did you speak to anyone on the phone? I wonder if we are out in the cold now too.... We do not live in Florida (not sure what that has to do with anything), and have a simialar financial situation. Hopefully we can still get this card. I do know that in the past month, we have gotten form letters from the cards we have with all sorts of new/rules/restrictions/rates. :(

Unfortunately, the phone number they have for "pending applications" is staffed by a level one "supervisor" and there is nowhere to go from there other than contacting Capital One by mail at their Salt Lake City mailing address.

I am not losing sleep over this, but it galls me that they're declining credit based solely on where you live. Being the (perseverant) PITA, I contacted the Attorney General in Tallahassee, FL and complainted that this is the financial equivalent of "red lining!"

They agreed with me, and have opened a case about this denial.

Edited by Us2inFL

I also pay off my credit cards every month. I often wonder if that works against me? I get the rewards and they get nothing from me. After missing a due date once and paying the penalty I set all my cards up w/autopay. Now they pay themselves in full every month. As for the cards gathering dust, I had several that recently were closed because I never used them. We have qualified for 0% interest car loans, etc in the past but now I am curious. Where is the best place to get FICO score? I get many offers from emails but do not trust that they are legit and could be trying to get my info.

Received my NCL BOA mailing yesterday. What's with the 5000 points earning $100 slot/table pay at 50%? Is that a new way of saying $50 OBC or is it really $100 to play on slots? :rolleyes:

Where is the best place to get FICO score? I get many offers from emails but do not trust that they are legit and could be trying to get my info.

I use (and am in no way affiliated with):

http://www.privacymatters.com/

There is also the FICO website that has your FICO score:

http://www.myfico.com/Default.aspx

FICO is a little different than Equifax, Experian and TransUnion. The scores are generally within a few points of eachother, unless one of them has misinformation on you and that tilts it up or down.

In most states, you're entitled to a FREE CREDIT REPORT every year. That site is:

https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index.jsp

Edited by Us2inFL

I mailed out $3000 worth of cruise certificates on May 4th via certified mail. There is no record of them being delivered. I have been in contact with the post office and he can't find it. He gave me the # of the usps hotline and they told me systems are down, try back later. What should I do? Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!

I mailed out $3000 worth of cruise certificates on May 4th via certified mail. There is no record of them being delivered. I have been in contact with the post office and he can't find it. He gave me the # of the usps hotline and they told me systems are down, try back later. What should I do? Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you make photocopies of the certificates, or keep the certificate numbers? If so, I would call NCL (did you book through them) lattitudes number and explain the situation and see if they can help since you have the certificate numbers. Also, did you mail to the PO Box or the street address? Did you claim a value on the certified mail form?

Yes, I made copies of the certificates. I mailed to the PO Box address on the back. I didn't claim a value on the certified mail form. I did book through NCL, so hopefully they will help me. thanks for your help!!!

Good luck! Let me know how things turn out. That is a nightmare that everyone who has used these certificates has until they are verified recieved and posted on the invoice. I think if you have the certificate numbers, NCL should be able to help you.

Just got off with NCL, they just received my certificates!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!! I don't know why I couldn't track it.?.? But anyhow, it' all GOOD!! Thanks c breeze!!!!!!!!!

Have a great trip! When/where do you sail??

My family and I (dh,dd's and ds's) just booked the June 21st DAWN to Bermuda! I'm so excited, never been to Bermuda, always wanted to go!!!!!!!! We have 2 cabins on the 10th deck, 4 kids in inside (yikes) and dh and I in balcony! (yay) I was really stressing over these lost certificates now I can relax!!!

My family and I (dh,dd's and ds's) just booked the June 21st DAWN to Bermuda! I'm so excited, never been to Bermuda, always wanted to go!!!!!!!! We have 2 cabins on the 10th deck, 4 kids in inside (yikes) and dh and I in balcony! (yay) I was really stressing over these lost certificates now I can relax!!!

First of all, the Dawn is a great ship! Secondly, Bermuda is the most beautiful place I have ever been to. You will love it there! Any questions -ask away! We have been there multiple times on cruises as well as staying on the island twice years ago, and are returning on the Dawn in October for our 30th anniversary (we spent our honeymoon there).

Have a wonderful time!

The brochure I got in snail mail says "book a cruise before may 31" and get double the usual double points. Small print says anything that says NCL will get the points. I am not booking a new cruise, but have one scheduled, and wanted to pay $1250 on it to get 5000 points (for $50 obc). Sound right, or do you think there really is a stipulation on this for new cruise bookings only? Thanks.