NCL Mastercard FAQ

Host CMLA

Anytime I am going to order something online I always go through bank of america to get to the store(if it is one of the stores offering bonus pts)

In addition I first will go to the ADD IT UP thingy. On this you get cash back (it gets applied toward your balance). You will also get the bonus points.

For example last year I rcvd $80 back (applied to my balance). This year so far I have $56 being applied back because I ordered something from ebay( it was a $2400 item, but still I rcvd $56 back) How can you beat that...I was going to buy it anyway. I also have some coming back from walmart.com for a TV and DVD and other things that I had sent to the store for free shipping.

There are tons of stores and I shop online frequently. I just wish Amazon was on there. I am going to JC Penney today to look at bedding and if I see something I want, I plan on ordering it online because through the add it up deal I can get...I think it is 3 or 4% and they have another offer that is $10 back for $90 or more spending.

These things make the 1% per $ spending much better.

BTW, I get all my points in cash that way I can use for any vacation I choose...not just as OBC.

Edited by EmmasNana
add more info

i fount the store But i was unaware you had to go thru the store to get the bonus points! Only dislike i have is the netflixs membership you get something liek 1500 bonus points I already have a netflixs account :( so what to do cancel and get a new one?? just for the bonus points?

Yep, previous posters are right. I always forget about the online store, even though I order my pet supplies through it all the time. Amazing how brain dead bookmarked links can make us. (that's my excuse and I refuse to acknowledge that it had anything to do with umbrella drinks) :rolleyes:

i fount the store But i was unaware you had to go thru the store to get the bonus points! Only dislike i have is the netflixs membership you get something liek 1500 bonus points I already have a netflixs account :( so what to do cancel and get a new one?? just for the bonus points?

I don't know. We also already have netflex too and those bonus pts do look nice. I just looked and mine it says 1200 pts but you know you just do what you can. I'm not going to cancel and reorder netflex.

Just try to remember anytime yo;u want to order something...check there first and yes you do need to go through the BOA "store" for the bonus points or the ADD IT UP. The add it up deal is always beter than the other bonus pts in my experience.

FYI:Just to be clear the $80 I mentioned in my previous post about getting last year was just from the ADD IT UP deal. From the regular points/bonus points I received a little over $1000. I do charge everything possible...and I do pay it off every month. I am sure others make out better than that, but we are retired and don't spend as much as we used to.

Edited by EmmasNana
add more info

I don't know. We also already have netflex too and those bonus pts do look nice. I just looked and mine it says 1200 pts but you know you just do what you can. I'm not going to cancel and reorder netflex.

Just try to remember anytime yo;u want to order something...check there first and yes you do need to go through the BOA "store" for the bonus points or the ADD IT UP. The add it up deal is always beter than the other bonus pts in my experience.

FYI:Just to be clear the $80 I mentioned in my previous post about getting last year was just from the ADD IT UP deal. From the regular points/bonus points I received a little over $1000. I do charge everything possible...and I do pay it off every month. I am sure others make out better than that, but we are retired and don't spend as much as we used to.

just one quick question.. I just bought something off ebay i went threw the store clicked on the ebay link it directed me to ebay bought my order and paid with the NCL CC did i do it right to receive the bonus points??

just one quick question.. I just bought something off ebay i went threw the store clicked on the ebay link it directed me to ebay bought my order and paid with the NCL CC did i do it right to receive the bonus points??

yes, you did it right. I would have gone through the ADD IT UP option and gotten the 3% cash back plus regular points but what you did will give you the bonus points.

Sometimes it takes a month or two to see the bonus points or the add it up money. Keep checking and keep track.

Edited by EmmasNana
more info

Is the NCL Mastercard available to U.S. citizens only ? As a Canadian , I would like to take advantage of the bonus pts. when we cruise. But there seems to be no area in the application to input our Canadian info other than "Country of Residence". Is there phone # to call to apply ?

Any help appreciated. Thanks:D

FYI My account just posted my initial 10,000 bonus pts w/out going through their store. I made my first purchase in Feb. Although looking through their lists of stores available, many do offer bonus pts.

Edited by Lost Sailor

yes, you did it right. I would have gone through the ADD IT UP option and gotten the 3% cash back plus regular points but what you did will give you the bonus points.

Sometimes it takes a month or two to see the bonus points or the add it up money. Keep checking and keep track.

o

can u tell me how 2 find the add up feature?

o

can u tell me how 2 find the add up feature?

When you log in to your account, scroll down to the middle of the page. Under special offers and new accounts you will see a link that says Add it up.

Click on Add it up. Then click on start shopping. You will see stores similar to the other store section. This area is where you will get the cash back. Frequently there will also be an additional coupon that you will see once you click on the store.

If I am going to order online for anything, I always check both areas to see which one is the best deal. Sometimes you def. do better with one than the other.

Is the NCL Mastercard available to U.S. citizens only ? As a Canadian , I would like to take advantage of the bonus pts. when we cruise. But there seems to be no area in the application to input our Canadian info other than "Country of Residence". Is there phone # to call to apply ?

Any help appreciated. Thanks:D

This is the page that came up right after we recieved our approval. Good luck.

Thank you for your interest.

• United States 1-800-551-0839
  • Canada 1-877-862-7759
  • Ireland 1-800-409-510
  • United Kingdom Credit Cards 0-800-028-2440
  • United Kingdom Business Cards 0-800-092-2955

Please call as your business is important to us and we will be happy to process your request immediately.

• 4 weeks later...

I was just checking my points. I already got the 10k for first use a couple months ago, but according to my rewards thing, I got another 10k for something last month while on the cruise for purchasing something in Pia Mia resort using my card...anyone know anything about a promotion going on last month I just didn't see? I am wondering if it's a error...???

This is no longer that good of a deal and it isn't NCL's fault. DW has the card so I do not have specifics but they ran a promotion where you got 4x(?) the points on all sorts of stuff including electronics. She made a fairly major purchase using the card and the bonus never showed up. She spent a good deal of the afternoon getting transferred around to find out that yes, it includes electronics, but not that one. She would have used a cash back card instead, had she known that.

I was approved for this credit card about 1 week ago... I was told I should receive the card within 1 week(true?) ... I leave in 12 days for a cruise on NCL.. Any chance I would be able to get the 10,000 bonus points turned into the $100 onboard credit? Does anyone know if they would work this out for me? I plan on using the credit card as the card on file on board.

No chance, sorry. First you have to get the card and make a purchase. Then the charge has to appear on your statement. Then you have to redeem the points, they have to send them to you, and you need to send it in to NCL before you leave for the cruise. The good news is that you can put a deposit down for another cruise while you are on the ship and get OBC for that. We put $250 down and that serves as your down payment next time you book with NCL. In the meantime your reward point keep piling up.

Edited by packercruising

or I'd never have known about the Add it Up business.Thanks for the tip. I have other websites that give me cash back, maybe it's called ebates? and just this week I've earned, due to 12x the normal points, $27 on stuff I was buying anyway, like shoes from shoes.com for my hubby, and supplements from drugstore.com.

I like to spend money on a cruise and get double points and then when I have 25k points, cash it in for cash.

Did anyone sign up for the BOA/NCL world points promotion last year? It began around Oct if I remember corrrectly and if you use your card at Outback, Burger King or CVS you would get 10-20 additional points per dollar. The promotion ran through 12/31/2010. I've been calling BOA off and on since January and only one found the promotion and told me my bounus points will be credited in a week,That was March 3rd. No one at BOA can find what I'm talking about now.... Did anyone do this same promotion?

Thanks...

I've been attempting to redeem some points since last weekend, but each time I go through the entire process of information collection, and the NCL rep submits the request, they get a "sorry, this site is temporarily unavailable" error message with a request to call (800) 441-7048.

The folks at that number advise you must redeem points through NCL only, and please call them.

I'm really really new to the whole NCL/BOA card thing, and curious if the BOA website error is a common situation, and how long the outage normally lasts. :confused:

When I inquired if there was any way to check if the site had been operational at all during this week, the answer was, "Nope, sorry". :(

DGP, after reading your post I thought I better check this out because I was ready to do the same. I always get cash sent to my checking account when I redeem my points.

Just for grins I first selected the travel selection and it gave me an error message. I then went to the process of redeeming points for cash sent to my account like I normally do and it looks like it worked. Whew!

What kind of reward are you trying to get?

Wow, what a strange course of events.

When BoA first took over the program they would only let you make reservations (this was before the cash transfer award was available) through them. I didn't like the sound of that at all since I have a great PCP at NCL and called to tell her. Needless to say, NCL was not pleased

and I was able to book with my NCL contact.

You gotta' watch these guys. Whenever you hear or read somethin' screwy, check it out with another rep (or your CC friends :D) before

you go along with it.

DGP, after reading your post I thought I better check this out because I was ready to do the same. I always get cash sent to my checking account when I redeem my points.

. . . . What kind of reward are you trying to get?

Was attempting to arrange the onboard credit option.

Was attempting to arrange the onboard credit option.

Well, as others have stated...I would never do this because I want the 2 points for every dollar spent on board. I only get cash back ($250 or above).

You are better off long term doing it this way.