NCL Mastercard FAQ

Host CMLA

22 hours ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Question regarding the points. both DH and I have the NCL Card, it appears I can transfer his points to my card. That would make things easier but my question is Do they charge a fee for this? Or do they take away points in doing this, or is it even World Points from one card to another?   Thanks

No fee, no points lost.  I do this with the points from my DH's card.

5 minutes ago, alwalaska said:

No fee, no points lost.  I do this with the points from my DH's card.

Thanks so much for the answer. That is good to know. I wish it were that way with Airlines points lol

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Thanks so much for the answer. That is good to know. I wish it were that way with Airlines points lol

Hawaiian Air, if you have their credit card, transfers are free. 🙂 Only one person has to have the credit card to transfer between Hawaiian Air reward accounts. 

• Like 1

This has probably been asked a gazillion times before, but I really don't have time to read through all the 248 pages of comments.  

If I wish to use my WP to upgrade cabins/metas/etc, do I have to book directly with NCL, or can I use a travel agent?

If I do book with NCL. can I transfer the booking at a later date to a TA in order to get their perks?

So far, I'm still a bit confused with this whole process, but I'm trying to learn.  At this point, I have 75 K points with BOA and want to maximise their potential. Shouldn't take me too much longer to get to 100K, and I don't want to waste them!

• Like 1

It doesn’t matter who you book with.

yes, you can transfer a booking so long as it is not paid in full.

you will need 30,000 points to upgrade one category, 60,000 to under grade two categories.  
there is nothing magical about the 100,000 points except that’s it’s nice to look at, I guess.

• Like 2

i have about 140,000 points. I dont want to use them for upgrades, I prefer a statement credit.  How many statement credits am I allowed?  I think I can get 1 credit for $1,000 , can I then ask for a second statement credit the following month for whatever is left?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

This is the wording from the NCL Direct Guest Reservation Transfer Request Form       You can just do a search for this form as format didn't copy and paste correctly.  We've never transferred a reservation to a travel agency.

Direct Guest Reservation
Transfer Request Form
I ____________________ would like to transfer my reservation number _______________________ on the
(Guest Name) (Reservation Number)
___________________________________sailing on ______________________________ to my travel agent.
(Name of Ship) (Sailing Date)
Here is the information of my travel agency:
Travel Agency Name:_____________________________________________________
Travel Agent Name: _____________________________________________________
Travel Agency Phone Number: ____________________________________________________
The guests traveling in the stateroom are:
_____________________________________ ______________________________________
Reason that you would like to transfer to a travel agency (optional):

IMPORTANT: Bookings may be transferred to a Travel Agent up to 14 days from creation, if the request is made outside of Final Payment period. For new reservations booked within final payment period, that are paid in full, transfer requests can be processed if the request is received within 7 or less days of final payment application. If the transfer request involves a change in currency, we cannot accommodate a transfer. If your reservation meets the required criteria and you would like to transfer your reservation, please complete this form. Transfer request must be sent by one of the guests on the reservation to Norwegian. When emailing the form to us at Dispatch@ncl.com, please copy your travel partner for their reference.
_____________________________________ _______________________________________
Print Name Email address / Phone No.
Signature Date
Please email completed form to: dispatch@ncl.com
6/1/2022

Edited by kjquilts
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, 9tee2Sea said:

i have about 140,000 points. I dont want to use them for upgrades, I prefer a statement credit.  How many statement credits am I allowed?  I think I can get 1 credit for $1,000 , can I then ask for a second statement credit the following month for whatever is left?

See the final bullet in the screenshot; there is no limit to the number of points redeemed. You can redeem all 140,000 for statement credit. 

https://www.managerewardsonline.bankofamerica.com/cms/published/root/duo/sharedContent/pdf/premium/PremEng047767Nov2018-0593_A_v003_ADA.pdf

IMG_6723.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Beaumont Barbie said:

See the final bullet in the screenshot; there is no limit to the number of points redeemed. You can redeem all 140,000 for statement credit. 

https://www.managerewardsonline.bankofamerica.com/cms/published/root/duo/sharedContent/pdf/premium/PremEng047767Nov2018-0593_A_v003_ADA.pdf

IMG_6723.jpeg

Thank you!  Maybe I will wait to redeem them so I can get into Haven proper.  

• Like 2

Weird thing that only sort of makes sense. Called this evening to do a double meta upgrade, they told me "this reservation is booked with a travel agent. We need to have them on the phone as well". I guess that makes sense since they're modifying the reservation, but I'd seen nothing about that in this thread. Since they're making me do this, I'll make sure to have my agent check availability before calling. Doing a double meta on a Panama Canal cruise - IT to BT.

• Like 1

I never book cruises with NCL through a TA, but I don’t remember anyone else ever sporting the ned for a three way call.  It would be interesting to see if you called back and got a different agent, if you would get the same answer. I’ve had a few times when agents told me crazy stuff, like I couldn’t pick my cabin, they had to assign me a cabin.  Hung up, called back, told the agent what cabin I wanted and she booked it.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

I never book cruises with NCL through a TA, but I don’t remember anyone else ever sporting the ned for a three way call.  It would be interesting to see if you called back and got a different agent, if you would get the same answer. I’ve had a few times when agents told me crazy stuff, like I couldn’t pick my cabin, they had to assign me a cabin.  Hung up, called back, told the agent what cabin I wanted and she booked it.

I tried this morning, same line (she was about to take all the info, and then like "ohhhh, this is an agent booking"). Called the agency, told them exactly what to do (a three-way call with the redemption center, gave her the phone number), and it was taken care of with no problem, and the TA was like, "let me understand what we just did - we assigned a stateroom of his choice with no financial implications other than redeeming some credit card points?" and the WP folks were like "exactly".

Apparently, needing the TA on the phone is a new thing according to the WP agent, and she explained that it was because changes COULD need to be made to the booking (i.e., the stories that you read here about folks needing to book an OA to move to BA, but they're booked in OB or somesuch) and it was much easier with them on the phone, which sort of makes sense.

Edited by jds2001
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, jds2001 said:

Weird thing that only sort of makes sense. Called this evening to do a double meta upgrade, they told me "this reservation is booked with a travel agent. We need to have them on the phone as well". I guess that makes sense since they're modifying the reservation, but I'd seen nothing about that in this thread. Since they're making me do this, I'll make sure to have my agent check availability before calling. Doing a double meta on a Panama Canal cruise - IT to BT.

I book with a TA and the NCL agent was able to upgrade me without a phone call.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, jds2001 said:

I had a TA on my Feb 2024 cruise where I did a double meta upgrade and they upgraded me twice (once on my original 2025 reservation that NCL cancelled on me) and then again on the 2024 reservation.  They did not require her on the phone at all.  I wonder if it is a new policy or someone who doesn't know what they are doing.  On other things, the TA has to do it, but not the rewards things.  Interesting. 

5 hours ago, jds2001 said:

I tried this morning, same line (she was about to take all the info, and then like "ohhhh, this is an agent booking"). Called the agency, told them exactly what to do (a three-way call with the redemption center, gave her the phone number), and it was taken care of with no problem, and the TA was like, "let me understand what we just did - we assigned a stateroom of his choice with no financial implications other than redeeming some credit card points?" and the WP folks were like "exactly".

Apparently, needing the TA on the phone is a new thing according to the WP agent, and she explained that it was because changes COULD need to be made to the booking (i.e., the stories that you read here about folks needing to book an OA to move to BA, but they're booked in OB or somesuch) and it was much easier with them on the phone, which sort of makes sense.

I book through a PCC and WP had to call her to get permission to change my reservation. But it did involve changing the original booking to a solo because the cabin I wanted was not a solo.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jds2001 said:

For me, that is a major negative.  My TA is a single person. I would now have to coordinate her schedule with mine. One more negative for NCL and the worth of the card. I guess I could book with NCL, do my upgrade and then transfer the reservation to my TA, but again, more hassle for me, the customer. 

• Like 1

I've searched and read thru multiple posts and the WorldPoints Rewards page but still have questions.  On our last cruise my husband and I both got NCL Mastercards.  I'm not interested in any upgrading because we always pick the cabin we want as we're booking which is usually an OV.  My questions are:

1.  Am I reading the fine print correctly that you CANNOT use onboard credit that was converted from points for daily service charge?  I'm guessing/thinking they sort all of that out as you use it onboard with any other onboard credit you have?

2. The cruise discounts.  For example, $200 for 20,000 points.  Can this be applied to a cruise you've already booked and paid on?

3.  If we pay for the cruise with the NCL card it's 3 points for $1 instead of 1 for 1?

Thanks in advance.

2 hours ago, Megamixer said:

I've searched and read thru multiple posts and the WorldPoints Rewards page but still have questions.  On our last cruise my husband and I both got NCL Mastercards.  I'm not interested in any upgrading because we always pick the cabin we want as we're booking which is usually an OV.  My questions are:

1.  Am I reading the fine print correctly that you CANNOT use onboard credit that was converted from points for daily service charge?  I'm guessing/thinking they sort all of that out as you use it onboard with any other onboard credit you have?

2. The cruise discounts.  For example, $200 for 20,000 points.  Can this be applied to a cruise you've already booked and paid on?

3.  If we pay for the cruise with the NCL card it's 3 points for $1 instead of 1 for 1?

Thanks in advance.

Not certain about #2 as NCL seems to pay fast and loose with their OBCs at times, but as WP are nonrefundable I would say that is correct.  Others will weigh in who have experience as I never, ever do WO for OBC. Which leads directly to #3.   Yes, an NCL purchase will get you 3 pts/$,so the smart way to use points is to charge your onboard charges with your NCL MC, then when home apply for statement credit.

• Like 2

On 6/23/2024 at 5:30 PM, Megamixer said:

I'm not interested in any upgrading because we always pick the cabin we want as we're booking which is usually an OV. 

You can still save money by upgrading, and probably more than 1cpp. You can still pick your cabin when you upgrade, and a single meta (inside to oceanview) is 30K points, which would be $300 for a statement credit redemption. You can probably do better than $300 for an inside-OV upgrade and still pick your cabin. I just did a $1700 inside-balcony upgrade (60K points), and that's not the best I've seen on here

• Like 2

16 hours ago, jds2001 said:

You can still save money by upgrading, and probably more than 1cpp. You can still pick your cabin when you upgrade, and a single meta (inside to oceanview) is 30K points, which would be $300 for a statement credit redemption. You can probably do better than $300 for an inside-OV upgrade and still pick your cabin. I just did a $1700 inside-balcony upgrade (60K points), and that's not the best I've seen on here

I have been thinking about booking a three week cruise from Cape Town to Barcelona for next spring.  The current price differential between OV and Balcony is about $3200 per person.  That comes to a total savings of $6400 for using points to upgrade instead of paying out of pocket for the Balcony.  It would be a single meta upgrade requiring 30,000 World Points.  I only use my NCL card for charges to NCL, so those 30,000 points cost me $10,000.  The payback of $6400 on an expense of $10,000 comes to a 64% return.  What's in your wallet?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, The Traveling Man said:

I only use my NCL card for charges to NCL, so those 30,000 points cost me $10,000.  The payback of $6400 on an expense of $10,000 comes to a 64% return.  What's in your wallet?

See, you're not maximizing things! If you have Preferred Rewards Platinum Honors (or above) with BofA, those 30,000 points would cost you ~$5714 (75% rewards bonus, so 5.25 points per dollar of NCL spend) and netted you a return of 112%! 😄

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, The Traveling Man said:

I have been thinking about booking a three week cruise from Cape Town to Barcelona for next spring.  The current price differential between OV and Balcony is about $3200 per person.  That comes to a total savings of $6400 for using points to upgrade instead of paying out of pocket for the Balcony.  It would be a single meta upgrade requiring 30,000 World Points.  I only use my NCL card for charges to NCL, so those 30,000 points cost me $10,000.  The payback of $6400 on an expense of $10,000 comes to a 64% return.  What's in your wallet?

Certainly get “more bang for your bucks” using the points upgrade  on a longer cruise, as compared to a 7 day cruise. Go for the “year long” cruise next time! 😎

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, wncretired said:

Certainly get “more bang for your bucks” using the points upgrade  on a longer cruise, as compared to a 7 day cruise. Go for the “year long” cruise next time! 😎

Sorry, no yearlong trips for me.  If I take a vacation longer than about six or seven weeks, I need a staycay of a month or so to recover from my vacay!!!

Edited by The Traveling Man
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 6/25/2024 at 8:01 PM, jds2001 said:

See, you're not maximizing things! If you have Preferred Rewards Platinum Honors (or above) with BofA, those 30,000 points would cost you ~$5714 (75% rewards bonus, so 5.25 points per dollar of NCL spend) and netted you a return of 112%! 😄

Ahhh, but that opens so many more cans of worms.  What is your required 100k plus in their accounts returning interest and growth wise, what is the annual fee on the credit card that it boosts, what are their management fees on your money, and so much more. 🙂  I've looked at this before, but the majority of our money is in Fidelity and we've been extremely happy with their service for about 35 years now.

• Like 3