What do you DO in the concierge lounge??

The Concierge Lounge on Radiance Class ships are the best.

While I like the Radiance CL best during the day I have to say it´s way too crowded during cocktail hours in the evening. In the evenings I liked the CL on Legend of the Seas much better. It´s huge. If they add all the during the day amenities like coolers with juice, coffee machine and such it will definitely beat the Radiance Class.

Thanks for the tip on dining time. We had requested main seating but we will change to late now so we can enjoy the Concierge lounge. We had forgotten that the last time we had the GS and had early seating, it was a big rush to get ready and slug down a glass or two before dinner:) .

Ooh, good to know about the martinis. Mom was specifically looking for appletinis (my sister's favorite) and cosmos, which I mixed for her. I actually hate cosmos and prefer a dirty gin martini, so I'll be happy with the plainer martinis.

And I've seen the machines that put out already frothed lattes - great!! So I just need to smuggle my precious syrups aboard and one of my giant travel mugs. :D

The concierge lounge is really a very nice perk. All of the benefits that replies have mentioned make it a great place to relax, have a before dinner cocktail, borrow (NOT RENT) a DVD, get early disembarkment tags, get skating tickets when they are not available to the general passengers including excursion tix!!! Theer is a small percentage held back for concierge guests on these items.

We have had the pleasure of using the CL on all of our Royal Caribbean cruises (3 Voyager class, one Radiance) but the absolute best was on the Serenade, the radiance class . I think all of the Radiance class ships have the CL location on the outside of the ship with beautiful windows while you sip your latte ( YES there are lattes) or your cocktail. Beer and soft drinks are available.

You must be 18 to be in the lounge after 5 but some concierges are more lenient than others. It would be sad if your DD had to sit in the cabin while you were in the CL. I would ask if she be allowed in...the worst that can happen is that they say no...but i'll bet they won't.

Totally agree with the post about Main Dining..you really are rushing after coming back onboard to shower/get dressed to be able to enjoy the CL..late dining gives you much more time to relax and enjoy the perks:)

We have on every cruise, been allowed to take our drinks back to our cabin so we could enjoy our balcony while having a before dinner drink although it states that you are not allowed to to this ( with the exception of the serenade which had it s own beautiful views!:D ) My DH has even gone alone and brought back 2 drinks while i get ready.

We also have experienced a difference in how drinks are "monitored" if you will. On the Serenade, the Concierge mixed all drinks( Including yummy cosmos) but he only has one assistant and at busy times (before dinner) , he was really overwhelmed. Most CL that we have experienced leave the wine and liquor/mixers out ...i am guessing that fact dictates the 18 and older rule.

Hope that helps! WE are trying Princess for the first time..no Concierge :( ...hoping my husband can survive!

have a fabulous cruise

Ooooh, you can get coffee to go from the CL in the morning? My husband will be so excited that he doesn't have to carry my coffee all the way from the Windjammer. LOL!

Just so you know, I don't make him wait on me. He's an early riser and a real sweetheart and usually brings me a cup to enjoy on the balcony when he's back from his morning wander.

LSZU..

Yes coffee, lattes and cap all available early Am...Danish/pastry also! Sadly we usually have prebreakfast on the balcony before the windjammer!:eek:

and i also have one of those early riser DHs...aren't they great!???!:D

We were in a deluxe veranda suite on Holland America last April.

No cocktail hour in CL BUT we had unlimited free laundry and dry cleaning.

So, looking forward to the cocktail hours on the Jewel but will miss free laundry!

The concierge on the various cruises on which we have been never said anything when our kids were in the lounge with us during the evening, but it was never really crowded either. It probably depends on the particular person. I don't think they would give a 17 year old a hard time.

I think it depends on the Concierge if you are allowed to take drinks/cokes out of the lounge. Riccardo who was on Mariner and I think now on Liberty, didn't allow anything to be taken out. I think the policy is that drinks/foods are to be consumed in the lounge because if they allowed people to take things out, they could be giving them to people who aren't entitled.

When we were on Brilliance, we were able to take our last drink with us to the dining room. So it does matter what the Concierge allows.

In the mornings, you can take bagels, rolls, fruit, coffee out of the CL if you wish to and back to your cabin. We've never had a problem.

In the mornings, you can take bagels, rolls, fruit, coffee out of the CL if you wish to and back to your cabin. We've never had a problem.

Sorry Patti,

Sometimes I think everyone knows what I am thinking. I was referring to the evening. I haven't ever gone in in the morning. My husband went in one morning and chatted with the concierge, but it was while I was getting dressed. On this trip on Mariner, I probably will get in there in the morning because we are right down the hall. I do like good coffee in the morning.

Julian on Enchantment doesn't allow cokes/drinks to be taken out either. It's fun to watch him in action as he stops those who always try to beat the rules. It's also fun to watch those who aren't supposed to be there as they are gently prohibited from returning. :D

I just got off the Enchantment Jul 2 and Julian isn't there. Carlos is the new Concierge.

We enjoy the concierge lounge for a drink most evenings. Went to it for breakfast (limited) just to try it. Most lounges are small, but you can get a nice alcoholic drink prior to dinner. On the Freedom of Seas, it was so crowded, we got our glass of wine and left and went to a less crowed lounge to enjoy the wine. We also have gotten tickets for ice skating there also.

I just got off the Enchantment Jul 2 and Julian isn't there. Carlos is the new Concierge.

Carlos was supposed to be there during Julian's 2 months off. Julian was to return in August. Did Carlos say that Julian wasn't going to be back on Enchantment?

I visited the lounge on the Navigator each a.m. for coffee or cappucino and dh and I went before dinner most nights for a drink. Herman (pronounced Herr-mon) was fabulous! He e-mailed us before the cruise, helped us find some balloons for our sons bday, gave us some tips on the ports, made us drinks whenever he didn't have anyone else visiting him at night and chatted with us everynight. Fabulous person - we loved him!

I have a question:

We are thinking of doing the Voyager of the Seas in April 08. Looking at the deck plans is it true that the staterooms that include the Concierge's Lounge are on a different deck from the lounge? That's kind of crazy if I am looking at the correctly. The GS are on Deck 10 and the lounge in on deck 9.

Sorry Patti,

Sometimes I think everyone knows what I am thinking. I was referring to the evening. I haven't ever gone in in the morning. My husband went in one morning and chatted with the concierge, but it was while I was getting dressed. On this trip on Mariner, I probably will get in there in the morning because we are right down the hall. I do like good coffee in the morning.

Most definitely in the evening. We'd look pretty strange taking all of those wonderful little tidbits out..............though I have been tempted many times to take our a choco covered strawberry or two.:D

I have a question:

We are thinking of doing the Voyager of the Seas in April 08. Looking at the deck plans is it true that the staterooms that include the Concierge's Lounge are on a different deck from the lounge? That's kind of crazy if I am looking at the correctly. The GS are on Deck 10 and the lounge in on deck 9.

Correct.....on Voyager class the CL is on Deck 9. Poor planning, I think.

Carlos was supposed to be there during Julian's 2 months off. Julian was to return in August. Did Carlos say that Julian wasn't going to be back on Enchantment?

You're sounding nervous,Gina....;)

I didn't ask him about that. His wife is also onboard and works at the pursers desk.

You're sounding nervous,Gina....;)

EEEK! Is it that obvious. Well. YES!! I AM!

I have an Enchantment cruise booked. OH that's right. You do, too. That means you can find out the real story and hopefully be the bearer of good news. Or with any luck, someone cruising before us will set the record straight.

There is no reason to call RCI about this. They are not known for giving out this type of information. :(

I didn't ask him about that. His wife is also onboard and works at the pursers desk.

His wife??? :confused: :confused:

EEEK! Is it that obvious. Well. YES!! I AM!

I have an Enchantment cruise booked. OH that's right. You do, too. That means you can find out the real story and hopefully be the bearer of good news. Or with any luck, someone cruising before us will set the record straight.

There is no reason to call RCI about this. They are not known for giving out this type of information. :(

I could tell by the tone of that post,you were concerned....maybe we need to stalk out posters on the roll calls before I go and have them ask..:p

Archived