Pools on Galaxy

ronjj66611

Thank you.

I cant' believe what a cheap line this is! Really, how much would it have cost to use fresh water.

Too late now, but I wish I would have kown before I booked this trip. My DD does not like the ocean due to the salt, so this is going to be a huge disappointment for her. I probably would not have chosen an X ship had I known this before hand.

I know it sounds trivial, but DD loves our pool at home and it was a great source of entertainment on our last cruise aboard a Princess ship, which has fresh water pools. And being in the Med for an 11 night cruise, she was looking forward to the pool to balance out the long days in port.

I'm sure we will have a great time regardless, but it is one of those things that you look forward too on a cruise, and now that's been taken away. It's just very disappointing.

Hi,:) how old is your daughter? Just curious. Maybe she will

adapt to it quicker than you think and will have a great time

anyway:)

Just a question....why is it a cheap line to have salt water in the

pools?:confused: Honest question....not trying to be sarcastic.

I guess it is one of those things that has never mattered to me.

Sorry you are so disappointed.

Hi,:) how old is your daughter? Just curious. Maybe she will

adapt to it quicker than you think and will have a great time

anyway:)

Just a question....why is it a cheap line to have salt water in the

pools?:confused: Honest question....not trying to be sarcastic.

I guess it is one of those things that has never mattered to me.

Sorry you are so disappointed.

No sarcasm noted.

I believe it must be much cheaper to pump out the pool each night and refill straight from the ocean, which is what they did on our first cruise, so it would stand to reason that it would be more expensive to have to fill from a reserve tank on board which must be refilled by land. Not to mention the chemicals involved with a fresh water pool.

My daughter is ten, and as much as I would love to take her to the beach more (we live in L.A., 30 min from Malibu) she absolutley does not like the salt in her eyes. On our b2b carribean trip two years ago, it was the fresh water pool that saved the day.

I can honestly say that had I kown that all pools on X were salt water, I would not have booked this cruise. I may not seem like much to adults, but when your ten and your dragged around all day to ruins and museums, a nice dip in the pool at the end of the day, makes up for a bit of that.

Unfortunaetley, we've tried the goggles and they don't keep out water all the way. So while we will most assurdly use the pools, she will just have to keep her head out of the water. Not very much fun when you swim like a fish as she does.

Maybe you could try a specialty store....There are many olympic

swimmers who use goggles and they do keep the water out.

She is a lucky person.......to be cruising at 10.:)

I guess next time you will do more research?

Thanks everyone for letting me vent. I appreciate all your comments. And in the bigger scheme of things, a salty pool does not really rate that high.

I realize how fortunate we are to be able to travel like we do, and your right Louis, she is a very lucky little girl.:)

I'm sure this will be a great vacation regardless of a little salt water.

Ron

Ron, the pool doesn't even factor into my cruises...hows that

for not rating:eek: ;) :D

In the grand scheme? The only pool I use is off limits to kids.......

and that is the T Pool:)

We were on Galaxy in May and can guarantee they do NOT pump the pools out at night... at least on our cruise they did not. Further I think they still treat the water in some way as I honestly did not notice the salt all that much.

What I did not like was that the water was not heated (I KNOW... I am wining) and was very frigid! Needless to say I spent most of my time in the hot tubs that were very very warm.

Enjoy the Galaxy... We spent 13 nights on board and miss it very much.. the crew is fantastic .... Tell "Jackpot" Jody (Activities Manager) that Ken from the Transatlantic said to say hello. She and her team do one heck of a bingo event each day!

Ken

Archived