"KK" Got Me Thinking.....

sail7seas

Just curious, Heather. If you start packing as you go while on the cruise, where do you put the clothes you aren't going to wear again? I have no room to keep a suitcase out in the cabin.

I have the suitcase under the bed and I just slide it out and put the stuff in.

I know most people would probably think this is weird, but I'm a little compulsive. I just like to make packing at the end of the cruise as easy as possible ... and why clutter the closet with stuff I'm not going to wear again?:)

On our April Transatlantic our last 2 days are port days. :eek: Since we've never been to Greece & Turkey we're certainly not going to want to miss any time in port. Soooo I guess I'll be packing 3 days before the end of our cruise and just have to plan on what to leave out for the last 2 days in ports and our next 2 days in Athens plus our flight home. Good thing we've still got plenty of time. I've got some serious thinking to do. :p

BTW, a seven day pill organizer works really well for us. We refresh them once a week and your good to go. We actually need a couple of organizers for morning & evening but it works well for us.

Happy Sails.

I pack as neatly going home as coming. Many of our clothes have been washed/dry cleaned as it is included in the price of our cabin so I try to keep them neat. We don't wear most of our cruise clothes at home so if I pack them neatly, they are set for us to take on our next cruise.

WELL....I AM THE QUEEN PROCRASTINATOR! JUST RETURNED FROM THE OOSTERDAM. I TOOK FULL ADVANTAGE OF THE SUITE AMENITIES....WE DIDN'T HAVE TO HAVE OUR BAGS OUT IN THE HALLWAY TIL 6:00 AM. I SET MY ALARM FOR 5:00 AM THE DAY OF DISEMBARKATION AND SCRAMBLED TO GET IT ALL DONE AT THE LAST MINUTE! :eek:

BUT I CERTAINLY WASN'T THE ONLY ONE!!! I PEEKED OUT THE DOOR WHEN I FIRST WOKE UP AND DIDN'T SEE ANY BAGS...I GOT A LITTLE WORRIED THAT MAYBE I MISUNDERSTOOD THE RULES. I JUST PICTURED MYSELF TRYING TO LUG 2 SUITCASES AND A CARRY ON OFF THE SHIP MYSELF! :o WHEN I WENT BACK OUT THERE AT 5:50 AM WITH MY BAGS...THE ENTIRE HALLWAY WAS LINED UP WITH BAGS FROM THE OTHER SUITES! :D

I travel for a living. I'm used to packing and de-packing. Packing is something that happens totally without routine, based on what is going on the last day of the cruise. It never takes very long, and a cocktail is a pleasant companion to the task.

It's not a big deal!!

Luggage for 7 day cruise: largel roll-on; carry on sized roller bag; tote bag for purse.

I unpack everything on day 1 and then pack whatever I've worn that day and won't need again during the cruise back in the suitcase. My suitcases stay either under the bed or in the closet and it seems to work well for me to just get them out once a day and pack incrementally.

My dream is to pack for a 7 day cruise in a small roll-on and a tote bag but the airline restrictions about liquids and gels have messed with that.

Last day routine is generally the same each cruise. I start packing in the morning, and put a few more things in each time I return to the cabin. By late afternoon I make a concerted effort to finish off the job, clean up and dress for the evening; I'll wear the same things on the trip home.

The suitcase goes in the passageway before I leave for dinner, then I go out and play! I close the Piano Bar (oh, it used to be tough when closing was 2:00 AM. getting up the next morning :eek: ), then head off to la-la-land. :)

We each pack our own stuff - regardless of square footage, two people packing at the same time just does not work! DH is compulsive about neatness, everything must be just so! I'll stomp on it if necessary!

He packs first. I've had shirts etc. washed etc. and returned folded so it makes it a bit easier. Myself, I toss in a few things and leave him to it. Mostly my clothes are easy care, pure silk and easily packed. DH is usually in bed (and asleep) before my bags are placed outside......I'm totally in denial about leaving the ship!

My last acts before falling (exhausted) into bed are setting the alarm clock and a quick check as to having all necessary clothing items (for the sake of decency!) left unpacked - actually I'm usually wearing what I'll disembark in.......makes it easy.

I've learned that it's best that I be responsible for all required documents, Passports, airline tickets, etc. No wonder my purse weighs so much!!!! Frequently we've been told 'you two are so organized' - if they only knew!:D

A relaxed, sustaining breakfast is mandatory! - chances are we'll be sitting around at one airport or another for who know how many hours. Also, I do check carefully on required Meds!....and carry appropriate 'snacks' for those 'take with food' pills.....Stuff' happens! :rolleyes:..it's best to be prepared!

Home - DH's luggage is empty,everything hung almost before he goes to bed. Mine???? it's likely to be around for the next week! Location decisions require thought!:p

DH is usually in bed (and asleep) before my bags are placed outside......I'm totally in denial about leaving the ship!

Home - DH's luggage is empty,everything hung almost before he goes to bed. Mine???? it's likely to be around for the next week! Location decisions require thought!:p

DON'T FEEL BAD...I WAS IN TOTAL DENIAL UNTIL THE VERY LAST HOUR!

WE STAYED IN SEATTLE FOR A COUPLE DAYS ATER OUR RECENT CRUISE ON THE OOSTERDAM. BUT I HAVE BEEN HOME SINCE LATE MONDAY NIGHT AND HERE I AM LATE FRIDAY NIGHT WITH STUFF STILL NOT PUT AWAY FROM THE CRUISE! THE PROCRASTINATION NEVER ENDS! :eek: MAYBE I WILL GET TO THE LAUNDRY BEFORE THE WEEKEND IS OVER! :rolleyes:

CAN I USE A BUSY WORK WEEK AS AN EXCUSE???

Archived