5x7 Photo Cost

mattR

If you have pre-ordered the anniversary package there should be a note in your cabin when you get on the ship. Othwise, save your credit card statement as proof of purchase. You will probably contact someone to have your picture taken at a special time. Within a couple of days you will pick up the photo at the gallery. You didn't mention which package you selected - there are a couple of them. Your package may or may not include a frame.

I have several 6x8 photos from the Statendam and the Volendam over the last 2 years. Into several of the envelopes that come with the photos I tucked the receipt. The price it shows, over 3 different 12 months apart cruises, is $15.95 for a 6x8.

The last time I saw 5x7s was the photos of the life-boat drill on the Statendam in 2002. I think they were 6x8s on the Volendam last Sept, but don't quote me on that. I didn't buy any because they didn't take one of me -- and even if they had I wouldn't have bought it ... I always look EXCEEDINGLY uncomfortable (and hot) at life-boat drills. (That's because I'm usually both).

I think the Embarkation photo of me on the Maasdam in 2000 is a 5x7 ... it measures LESS than 6x8 but a hair more than 5x7 (looks like the cutter messed up on the horizontal cut), but on the Volendam in 2002 the embarkation photo was clearly a 6x8.

So the prices seen to vary for 6 by 8 photos from ship to ship.

Could be ... though they were the same on the Statendam and the Volendam. At least, I THINK they were the same. Now that I'm looking closely at this receipt from the Statendam 09-Dec-02, I notice that it says:

1 TABLES/POSTCARD $15.95

In the Envelope is a photo of our table group AND a generic photo/postcard for our particular cruise on the Statendam. SO ... it might be that the table group photo was $10.95, and they tossed in the "postcard" photo displaying our ship and trip for 5 extra bucks. However ... it doesn't distinguish that on the receipt and one would think that it would.

On the Volendam there is a 6x8 photo which is is also of our table group. The receipt that came with it says

1 WANTED $15.95.

So, it looks like on the Volendam the price of a 6x8 was $15.95.

I'll happily scan these in and upload them tonight, if anyone would like to see them.

Package #983 Anniv. Package. (flowers, photo credit, balloon) $32

Anyone get this package before? What type of flowers? How much of a photo credit?

We had the renewal of vows package, our flowers were very beautiful, I watered them every night and they lasted for our 2 week b2b, the 5x7 photo is usually delivered to your stateroom, if you have a photo credit then I'm not sure how that works. Costs for pictures vary in importance, not necessarly size. The embarkmation picture was 20.95 for a 8x10 but your actual picture inset is 6x8 in size. They have different backgrounds for the pictures. We paid $6.95 ea. for the muster drill pics, they take them indivualy, so if you are a couple you will need to buy 2 different pics.

All formal setting pictures were $20.95 ea. and most getting on or off the ship pictures were $10.95 ea.

I don`t let them take our pics at embarkation, or port stops.

I'm curious ... why not? If you're not going to let them take photos just because you know that you're not going to buy the photos? I can understand that, but frankly I'll let them take the photo even though I have no intention of buying it. Why not? They have, occasionally, taken a photo or two that's quite good and I sometimes do things I don't intend; that aside, if they expend effort and expense printing photos I won't buy that's THEIR bad fortune. Perhaps it'll eventually teach them to not take bad, expensive photos??

.... if they expend effort and expense printing photos I won't buy that's THEIR bad fortune. Perhaps it'll eventually teach them to not take bad, expensive photos??

But if more pax refuse to let them take photos at all and tell them it is because they are intrusive on the free flow of movement embarking, within, and debarking from the ship maybe they will realize their rudeness is beginning to hurt them in the pocketbook and they will change their behavior that is so annoying to so many pax. We might even think about having a photo taken occasionally if they weren't in our face all the time. :mad:

Whatever they cost, I think its too much. We used to buy a couple of pics when they were reasonably priced, but not anymore.

Bread, 19 cents a loaf. New car $1795. Steak 99 cents/pound. New house $12,995. Nothing is reasonably priced any more! :rolleyes:

Rev Neal,

Have you had any luck finding frames for 6 x 8 pictures? I found one or two at a local "Joanne's Fabric" but not much to choose from...

Why do they do 6 x 8 and not 5 x 7. At Target they have 20 or 30 choices for 5 x 7...

Photos

We get our picture taken abou 3 times on a cruise. One at embarkation, one with the captain, and maybe 1 other if we feel like it. And we usually buy only 1 photo (6 by 8). The prices have gotten out of hand. And we used to like it better when they had the 5 by 7's.

We get tired of having dinner interrupted by pushy photographers - seems like they always manage to arrive at our table just as the main course does.

Then there are times when it takes forever to get off the ship because of the long line of people waiting to have their pictures taken. And you can't push ahead of them because you still have to scan your cruise card and after you do that, there is still a back-up on the gangway.

I just pulled out my receipts from our 3/6/04 Zuiderdam cruise

Embarkation Photo (8X10) $19.95 This is a 4x6 picture surrounded by a bunch of shells and stuff to fill the 8X10. I asked for just a 5X7 of wife and me and they said it would be the same price. Not nice and I let them know.

Picture Package (8X10 and the leatherette bi-fold with Zuiderdam 8X10 picture) $29.95. Put the picture from one tof the formal nights in this and it sits on the TV where I look at it approximately 263 time a day. I Love the picture.

Other's 8X10 $19.95

6X8 $7.95

Assorted stock pictures $4.95 ea

I just pulled out my receipts from our 3/6/04 Zuiderdam cruise

Embarkation Photo (8X10) $19.95 This is a 4x6 picture surrounded by a bunch of shells and stuff to fill the 8X10. I asked for just a 5X7 of wife and me and they said it would be the same price. Not nice and I let them know.

Picture Package (8X10 and the leatherette bi-fold with Zuiderdam 8X10 picture) $29.95. Put the picture from one tof the formal nights in this and it sits on the TV where I look at it approximately 263 time a day. I Love the picture.

Other's 8X10 $19.95

6X8 $7.95

Assorted stock pictures $4.95 ea

Prices on 8/7/04 cruise

Embarkation Photo (8X10) $20.95 This is a 4x6 picture surrounded by a bunch of shells and stuff to fill the 8X10.

Picture Package (8X10 and the leatherette bi-fold with Zuiderdam 8X10 picture) $39.95.

Other's 8X10 $20.95

6X8 $9.95 - $14.94

Assorted stock pictures $6.95 ea

Archived